Prospect Info: 2021 Draft

Status
Not open for further replies.

SergeConstantin74

Always right.
Jul 7, 2007
Viljami Marjala looks very dangerous for the Ramparts as well, 1st time I've seen him play. Sens would have watched him quite a few times the past year or so.

Soft hands and good vision, calm with the puck.

Nice passing play last night between Rochette (undrafted '20), him and Malatesta ('21)

Reactions: HzH

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Looks like Brandt Clarke is heading to Vasby IK of the Allsvenskan (2nd tier Swedish mens league), and it's not just until the OHL season starts up - apparently he'll be staying there all year.

Good for him. No point in playing in the OHL if there's no hitting. All decent OHL prospects should be doing the same.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Interesting to Ceulemans ahead of Brandt Clarke.

I don't know much about him, but is Ceulemans a legit top 10 prospect? Does anybody have any comparables in terms of style?

Very early yet, and not much hockey being played. I haven't seen him in the top 10, but he very well might get there. The only comparison I've seen on him is former Brooks Bandit
Just started looking into him yesterday ; does look like an interesting prospect and he's a RD. Very good offensively, working on his D. Wisconsin commit. Hope he switches to UND lol

Some highlights of the last Bandits game. A couple good plays for Ceulemans and a couple not so good.

first game highlights below

Last edited:

Alf Silfversson

Jun 8, 2011
Very early yet, and not much hockey being played. I haven't seen him in the top 10, but he very well might get there. The only comparison I've seen on him is former Brooks Bandit
Just started looking into him yesterday ; does look like an interesting prospect and he's a RD. Very good offensively, working on his D. Wisconsin commit. Hope he switches to UND lol

Some highlights of the last Bandits game. A couple good plays for Ceulemans and a couple not so good.

first game highlights below

Thanks!

Didn't like his closing speed on a couple of occasions in that most recent. Especially since he was the one turning it over. Usually guys will bust it hard to get back when they cough it up. Don't know the context though. He might have been gassed on those plays. Who knows.

It'll be interesting to see how Clarke looks against men in Sweden.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Thanks!

Didn't like his closing speed on a couple of occasions in that most recent. Especially since he was the one turning it over. Usually guys will bust it hard to get back when they cough it up. Don't know the context though. He might have been gassed on those plays. Who knows.

It'll be interesting to see how Clarke looks against men in Sweden.

That Clarke move to Sweden has been nixed.

RAFI BOMB

May 11, 2016
He's the most overlooked guy in the draft, would not surprise me in the least that he would be in teams top 10/15's already.

In a draft with lots of good D, he's the guy that seems to be slept on, almost everywhere.
In just seeing those few clips of him he looks very impressive. What is your read on his defensive play?

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
the d in this draft... like they all can skate and they all have size .
Very D heavy at the top but we got 2 LD. Do they go for a RD in 2021? Does Ceulemans or Clarke fit the profile they want? or Do they go after a potential #1C or a top line RW? Sens drafted in 2020 with a BIG eye on the roster and the type of player they want , where IMO vs BPA in a bubble.

Ceulemans RD
Clarke RD
Johnson C
Lucius C/RW
Beniers C
Gunther RW

If Power is there when they pick do they trade down?

Last edited:
Reactions: aragorn

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Very D heavy at the top but we got 2 LD. Do they go for a RD in 2021? Does Ceulemans or Clarke fit the profile they want? or Do they go after a potential #1C or a top line RW? Sens drafted in 2021 with a BIG eye on the roster and the type of player they want , where IMO vs BPA in a bubble.

Ceulemans RD
Clarke RD
Johnson C
Lucius C/RW
Beniers C
Gunther RW

are thos eforwards potential top line stars? i ahve no idea.i think if theyre one or two and things stay the same as they are you have to go d our d is still question marks.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Very D heavy at the top but we got 2 LD. Do they go for a RD in 2021? Does Ceulemans or Clarke fit the profile they want? or Do they go after a potential #1C or a top line RW? Sens drafted in 2021 with a BIG eye on the roster and the type of player they want , where IMO vs BPA in a bubble.

Ceulemans RD
Clarke RD
Johnson C
Lucius C/RW
Beniers C
Gunther RW

I'm of the opinion & have been since the last draft that Ottawa needs a really good RW player for their future SC run. I like Guenther RW a lot, but they could also use a good sized centre like K. Johnson, (given the question marks they have with a couple of their future centres). Either way both players would help a future team with their first rd pick.

Given the next draft is going to have a number of good defencemen, it wouldn't hurt them to add another 1st rd pick & take the best RD they can with that pick. And then add another in the 2nd rd as they did in 2020 picking Sanderson LD in the 1st & Kleven LD in the 2nd.

If they draft Power LD where does he fit with Chabot & Sanderson already expected to fill the top two left side D spots? Which one of those three will be happy to play on the 3rd pairing? Likely none of them, which is why I think they go for the forward in the first rd especially if they are in the top 5. Also, how much future money do you think they will want to tie up in their defence when no one knows what future cap amounts/revenues/liabilities given this pandemic over the next few yrs? IMO they add a forward first & a RD second (PMD) & another RD (defensive defenceman) in the 2nd rd & hopefully a big centre.

Last edited:

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Man Kent Johnson is a wizard with the puck.

from the the little I’ve seen.

Definitely is.. very slick. He had a good 1st . Missed on 2 good looks. Him and Beniers are quite the tandem but its such a deep team.
Owen Power plays a lot on the right side. I've noticed a few D playing their offside.. may be by design on the Michigan team. I noticed him on the right vs ASU and then on the left last game vs Wisconsin. He seems to be on the right tonight. Good stream tonight from Hockeydabeast

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Definitely is.. very slick. He had a good 1st . Missed on 2 good looks. Him and Beniers are quite the tandem but its such a deep team.
Owen Power plays a lot on the right side. I've noticed a few D playing their offside.. may be by design on the Michigan team. I noticed him on the right vs ASU and then on the left last game vs Wisconsin. He seems to be on the right tonight. Good stream tonight from Hockeydabeast
Is that the 413.xyz site?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad