Prospect Info: 2021 Draft - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
Be honest with our 1st round pick which ones do you think could make our roster?

Maybe one of the late birthdays like Eklund, Beniers or Power, since they are '02's like most 2020 draftees and have a year extra of development under their belts.

Should they? Probably not.

Last edited:

RAFI BOMB

May 11, 2016
Should be strongly considering Nadeau with our Tampa 2nd or 3rd.

Another guy with very strong ties to the scouting staff.
Who do you have ranked higher between Cole Huckins and Olivier Nadeau?

Also does this video showcase the main skills of why you think he would be a solid target or is it missing anything?

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Pronman now reporting week to week... Not much info on this injury and you never know with Burke .. the one I posted earlier.
I guess we will hear more on it.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Brandt Clarke RD might be able to play in the NHL next yr, he's 6'1", 180 lbs & is a pretty fast skater & was playing against men in Slovakia because the OHL was not playing due to Covid & did well over there by all accounts. But having said that & the fact that Ottawa seems to be set on the right side on D for next season it's most likely they would send him back for another yr to dominate the OHL.

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
Could be in our best interest not to play our 2021 1st in the NHL next year, especially if it looks like Dorion staying the course and propelling this team to the bottom for next season again.

Could have Top 3 pick in 2021, Sanderson, and top 3 pick in 2022 all breaking into the NHL at the same time 2 years from now. Nuts.

Reactions: Chabot84 and DJB

bicboi64

Aug 13, 2020
Brampton
Could be in our best interest not to play our 2021 1st in the NHL next year, especially if it looks like Dorion staying the course and propelling this team to the bottom for next season again.

Could have Top 3 pick in 2021, Sanderson, and top 3 pick in 2022 all breaking into the NHL at the same time 2 years from now. Nuts.
If they all breakout at the same time and have success, i hope Dorion has better negotiating skills than Dubas did when the leafs kids broke out at the same time

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
If they all breakout at the same time and have success, i hope Dorion has better negotiating skills than Dubas did when the leafs kids broke out at the same time

To be fair to Dubas he has to negotiate against the hype train that is the Toronto Media, though he went out and signed a 28 year old UFA to 77 million dollar deal which complicated matters.

Reactions: ReginKarlssonLehner

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina

If they are added to a team with Chabot, Tkachuk, Stutzle, Batherson, Norris etc.. and all breakout and have success to the point that they complicate matters right after their entry level deals, then we probably have a cup by then.

Would be in good position to be.

Reactions: bicboi64

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
Dylan Guenther should be getting more recognition. I can't say enough about how smart of a hockey player he is. Playing on the PK and wearing an 'A' as a 17 year old on top of a pretty high end skill level.

SAK11

Oct 4, 2011
I always strongly prefer that we take the slow route with our prospects instead of rushing them ala Ceci, Cowan, Lazar etc.

Look at guys weve taken our time with; Hoffman, Dzingel, Stone, Batherson etc.

D men take longer to develop and be effective at the NHL level. I think it would be in everyone's best interests if Sanderson went back to UND next year.

The four guys you listed that we didn’t rush were all picked round 4 or later, and other than Stone they were all overagers.

The three guys you listed that we did rush were all low IQ players with very little in the way of creativity in their game. Cowen also had injury issues.

I’m okay with Sanderson going back. It won’t hurt him. I think he could handle a step up in completion, though. Great players rise to the top.

One positive of having Sanderson play another year at UND is that it would silence the “We rushed him!” crowd. Seems like any time a prospect doesn’t work out you hear that.

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
Dylan Guenther should be getting more recognition. I can't say enough about how smart of a hockey player he is. Playing on the PK and wearing an 'A' as a 17 year old on top of a pretty high end skill level.

When I started to do more research a month or two back, he is my number 1 forward. Hughes my number 1 D with Clarke.

RAFI BOMB

May 11, 2016
With the OHL season most likely not happening there is a chance that some decent prospects fall to the later rounds. In case anyone wanted to do some research into some of those potential hidden gems here is a top 300 ranking for the 2019 OHL draft with profiles included.
2019 OHL Draft Ranking: Final Top-300
Here is a mock draft for the top 21 picks of the 2019 OHL draft, with brief descriptions on players.
2019 OHL Priority Selection: First-Round Mock Draft

One example of a potential hidden draft gem is Brenden Sirizzotti.
OHL Prospect Profile: Brenden Sirizzotti
His production in the ETAHL U16 is noteworthy.
In 2018-2019 his stats were 36 GP 32 G 61 A 93 PTS.

It is noteworthy because in 2017-2018 in that same league Quinton Byfield stats were 34 GP 48 G 45 A 92 PTS. Sirizzotti is ranked 4th in all time in points per game production in a given season with only Byfield, Hall and Stamkos ranked above him and players like Newhook and Duchene ranked below him.

Now this doesn't necessarily mean he will be a star but it is a positive sign. He is an example of a player that the scouting staff will likely have some familiarity with and they may feel that it is a worthwhile risk to take him at some point in the draft even though he hasn't played this season.

Last edited:

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
When I started to do more research a month or two back, he is my number 1 forward. Hughes my number 1 D with Clarke.

I'd still prefer Beniers over Guenther but it will be interesting to see how his game progresses through the season.

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
15 points in 6 games now.

Only reason he isn't getting discussed more is the WHL starting so late
We could use a guy like guenther. Not sure about bpa depending on how it plays out but as for need, he’d be up there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad