Prospect Info: 2021 Draft - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
I always strongly prefer that we take the slow route with our prospects instead of rushing them ala Ceci, Cowan, Lazar etc.

Look at guys weve taken our time with; Hoffman, Dzingel, Stone, Batherson etc.

D men take longer to develop and be effective at the NHL level. I think it would be in everyone's best interests if Sanderson went back to UND next year.
I think he will be in the NHL next year. However, a development year in the AHL would be way more beneficial than another year in the NCAA. More games and he can be put on PP1, PK1 and top pair in Belleville because it’s a developmental league. He would be too good for NCAA on a young team, time for the next level.

FormentonTheFuture

Sep 29, 2017
I think he will be in the NHL next year. However, a development year in the AHL would be way more beneficial than another year in the NCAA. More games and he can be put on PP1, PK1 and top pair in Belleville because it’s a developmental league. He would be too good for NCAA on a young team, time for the next level.
Agreed and it doesn’t seem like the competition is that great in his conference

DJB

Jan 6, 2009
twitter.com

Just heard on TSN that Simmer has been told Sanderson is likely staying another year.

Reactions: WaitingInVain

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
https://thehockeywriters.com/2021-nhl-draft-top-10-prospects/
they go thru pros and cons ; not a bad article; not a deep dive by any means
"He made his Liiga debut the following season, where he put up two goals and four points in 12 contests. However, this season, he got off to a slow start, leading to being left off the 2021 Finnish World Junior team despite playing on the 2020 team.
That demotion has lit a fire under Raty. After eight games, he had seven points and was looking much more like the player that caught everyone’s attention back in 2019. He returned to Karpat in January and has been slowly heating back up. In his last seven games, he has three goals and five points."

No clue where he's getting his info on Raty, at no point in the season has he had 5 points in a 7 game stretch, he has 5 points in his entire 28 game season. Since his recall he's had 1 goal and 3 assists in 23 games, going at least 4 games between each point.

Just shoddy reporting :laugh:

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Clarke really made a good choice going to play in Europe this year.

You have to think this guy is on Ottawa's radar for the 2021 draft & could be NHL ready sooner than most thought now that he's playing in a men's league & he has decent size to protect himself.

NHL Dude 120

Jun 18, 2011
Ottawa
Guenther and Berniers for forwards.

Clarke and Power for defense.

Tkachuk-Berniers-Stutzle
Formenton-Norris-Batherson

Or

Tkachuk-Stutzle-Guenther
Formenton-Norri-Batherson

For defense

Chabot-Power
Sanderson-JBD
Kleven-Brannstrom

Or

Chabot-Clarke
Sanderson-JBD
Kleven-Brannstrom

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
"He made his Liiga debut the following season, where he put up two goals and four points in 12 contests. However, this season, he got off to a slow start, leading to being left off the 2021 Finnish World Junior team despite playing on the 2020 team.
That demotion has lit a fire under Raty. After eight games, he had seven points and was looking much more like the player that caught everyone’s attention back in 2019. He returned to Karpat in January and has been slowly heating back up. In his last seven games, he has three goals and five points."

No clue where he's getting his info on Raty, at no point in the season has he had 5 points in a 7 game stretch, he has 5 points in his entire 28 game season. Since his recall he's had 1 goal and 3 assists in 23 games, going at least 4 games between each point.

Just shoddy reporting :laugh:

I just skip over the Raty parts .. not sure why he is still being mentioned in that group

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
Should be strongly considering Nadeau with our Tampa 2nd or 3rd.

Another guy with very strong ties to the scouting staff.

Last edited:

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
Big imposing RW .. I saw an Andy Lehoux vid on him from the fall.. has his skating sped up at all do you know?
Have watched a couple of Cataractes games the season to watch him and Bourgoult (and Ponomarov and Bourque, two guys I loved last year) his skating isn’t too big of an issue. His straight line speed seems good for his size, his agility isn’t anything to write home about right now. He’s an ox in the offensive zone, once he gets the puck on the cycle he’s a machine, hands and brain are high level.

Obviously haven’t been able to watch him, or any games, live this year yet, but thankfully will be in the rinks for a few games come April 19th.

Last edited:

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Have watched a couple of Cataractes games the season to watch him and Bourgoult (and Ponimarog and Bourque, two guys I loved last year) his skating isn’t too big of an issue. His straight line speed seems good for his size, his agility isn’t anything to write home about right now. He’s an ox in the offensive zone, once he gets the puck on the cycle he’s a machine, hands and brain are high level.

Obviously haven’t been able to watch him, or any games, live this year yet, but thankfully will be in the rinks for a few games come April 19th.
:thumbu:

Dan Patrick

Mar 11, 2020
that’s what I was thinking. Too much risk not knowing if this will affect him long term. At least for a top 5 pick...

Yeah I definitely wasn't thinking about Karlsson or Forsberg when I first wrote out my comment. I didn't think Luke was likely at the top of our board anyway but I would hope this moves the needle just enough to put a guy like Edvinsson ahead of him at the LD position.

Six Assets

Tim Stützle
Jun 29, 2013
Ottawa
Yeah I definitely wasn't thinking about Karlsson or Forsberg when I first wrote out my comment. I didn't think Luke was likely at the top of our board anyway but I would hope this moves the needle just enough to put a guy like Edvinsson ahead of him at the LD position.
Luke Hughes is probably ranked pretty high by the sens considering he has all the things we look for

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad