WC: 2021 Czech Republic Roster Talk

Antiillafire

May 1, 2021
Trnava, Slovakia
Not really.. Mysak isn't good enough and in North America. Teply would be iffy. I can't think of one we have that would be good enough to be honest..
I would’ve liked to see Svozil but I guess he is not ready and is playing in u18 tournament on top of that. Even though he probably would make several other nations teams in this tournament

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
I would’ve liked to see Svozil but I guess he is not ready and is playing in u18 tournament on top of that. Even though he probably would make several other nations teams in this tournament
He crosssed my mind.. I actually think Jiricek would be better.

JustSomeGuyCZ

Apr 24, 2021
He crosssed my mind.. I actually think Jiricek would be better.
Yes, Jiricek would be better option for sure. He had much better season than Svozil. But there is probably no chance that any U20 player will make the team this year. Next year however I believe at least one of them will make it.

Reactions: Czechboy

JustSomeGuyCZ

Apr 24, 2021
Jiří Sekáč might play against Slovakia this week.
Michal Birner is injured.
Pavel Zacha is not gonna join the team.
Chytil, Hajek, Zadina, Vrana, Hronek, Kampf, Kubalik, Simek should join the team.
Bartosak will not join the team.
Korenar might join the team as well.
Dostal will not join the team.

Last edited:

Maluk11

Feb 27, 2016
Jiří Sekáč might play against Slovakia this week.
Michal Birner is injured.
Pavel Zacha is not gonna join the team.
Chytil, Hajek, Zadina, Vrana, Hronek, Kampf, Kubalik, Simek should join the team.
Bartosak will not join the team.
Korenar might join the team as well.
Dostal will not join the team.
Great news. Almost all possible players from NHL should come (I hope there will be no problem on medical checkup) . Only Voráček, Zacha, Hertl and Faksa not. And I didn't read anything about Faksa, so not sure there. Kořenář would be great too.

JustSomeGuyCZ

Apr 24, 2021
Pesan also said that Červenka might join the team. Together with Kovar, Moravcik, Smejkal, Klok. I am really interested in how the team is gonna look like in the end.

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
upload_2021-5-3_11-28-41.png

I just want to wish Zacha all the best with his injury!

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Great news. Almost all possible players from NHL should come (I hope there will be no problem on medical checkup) . Only Voráček, Zacha, Hertl and Faksa not. And I didn't read anything about Faksa, so not sure there. Kořenář would be great too.
What was the Hertl reason? I'm not judging but what did they say?

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
I'll believe it when I see it but that'd give us a hell of a team!

Assume all 3 NHL D stick (Simek, Hronek and Hajek) like they should.. which 4 other D do they keep?? I think I'd want Masin, Sustr, Musil and Jordan. Not much offence but a solid crew!

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
upload_2021-5-3_11-32-5.png

Add Kovar and that is a top 6. Zohorna's on line 3 with someone. Still have good players like Sekac, Radil and such not playing.

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Goalies (4)
Šimon Hrubec - Avangard Omsk, KHL
Petr Kváča - Bílí Tygři Liberec, Extraliga
Jan Růžička - BK Mladá Boleslav, Extraliga
Roman Will - Traktor Chelyabinsk, KHL

Defensemen (10)
Jakub Galvas - Jukurit, Liiga
Michal Jordán - Amur Khabarovsk, KHL
Dominik Mašín - Amur Khabarovsk, KHL
Vojtěch Mozík - Kunlun Red Star, KHL
David Musil - HC Oceláři Třinec, Extraliga
David Sklenička - Jokerit, KHL
Jan Ščotka - HC VERVA Litvínov, Extraliga
Libor Šulák - Kärpat Oulu, Liiga
Andrej Šustr - Kunlun Red Star, KHL
Ondřej Vitásek - Bílí Tygři Liberec, Extraliga

Forwards (15)
Matěj Blümel - HC Dynamo Pardubice, Extraliga
Rudolf Červený - Pelicans, Liiga
Jakub Flek - HC Energie Karlovy Vary, Extraliga
Robin Hanzl - Spartak Moskva, KHL
Pavel Kousal - BK Mladá Boleslav, Extraliga
Radan Lenc - Bílí Tygři Liberec, Extraliga
Adam Musil - Bílí Tygři Liberec, Extraliga
Ondřej Najman - BK Mladá Boleslav, Extraliga
Lukáš Radil - Spartak Moskva, KHL
Matěj Stránský - HC Oceláři Třinec, Extraliga
Šimon Stránský - Jukurit, Liiga
Michael Špaček - HC Oceláři Třinec, Extraliga
David Tomášek - HC Sparta Praha, Extraliga
Hynek Zohorna - Amur Khabarovsk, KHL
Tomáš Zohorna - HC Dynamo Pardubice, Extraliga
Great job on keeping page 1 updated Maluk11!

Here is my perfect world team assuming it's true about the NHLers.
Goalies - Hrubec, Will, Korenar
D - Hronek, Simek, Hajek, Masin, Sulak, Sustr, Galvas, Musil
F - Vrana, Zadina, Kempf, Kubalik, Chytil, Kovar, Zohorna + Zohorna, Spacek, Radil, Sekac, Cervenka (dammit!), Stransky, Blumel (for you Anti)

Honestly, these players (outside of Hronek, Simek, Kubalik and Vrana) are so tight that making cuts will be very hard now. I picked Musil, Masin and Spacek out of pure bias. If David Kase becoms available, I'd add him too! I took Korenar because we need to keep an eye to the future and he's looking to be a fulltime backup next season or trade bait.

Reactions: Maluk11

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Same NHL player gets eliminated from playoffs... 'Hey NHL Czech player, will you be coming to the world's now?'
NHL Czech player - despite playing all 82 games this season, I have an injury and can't make it. My contract expires and I can't make it. My Dad hates you guys and I can't make it.lol
Tell me I didn't call that.lol

Maluk11

Feb 27, 2016

Assume all 3 NHL D stick (Simek, Hronek and Hajek) like they should.. which 4 other D do they keep?? I think I'd want Masin, Sustr, Musil and Jordan. Not much offence but a solid crew!
And this year 28 players can be on roster. So I think they go 15 F, 10 D and 3 G or something like this.

JustSomeGuyCZ

Apr 24, 2021
What was the Hertl reason? I'm not judging but what did they say?
They didn´t say anything about him, but I asume he is gonna apologize for personal reasons. He will propably want to spend more time with his family, especially his son who was born in October. There might be an injury as well.

JustSomeGuyCZ

Apr 24, 2021

I would go with Hronek, Simek, Hajek, Sustr, Sklenicka, Moravcik, Galvas, Masin.

JustSomeGuyCZ

Apr 24, 2021
He played on same line with Kubalík for some time , that could be option too.
Yeah, that´s true. But I would rather see Kubalik, Kovar as center and somebody else, maybe Blumel, don´t know. I would use Kampf on the third line and PK. He has this role in Chicago as well and it suits him. That´s why he is in the NHL in the first place.

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Yeah, that´s true. But I would rather see Kubalik, Kovar as center and somebody else, maybe Blumel, don´t know. I would use Kampf on the third line and PK. He has this role in Chicago as well and it suits him. That´s why he is in the NHL in the first place.
I agree and disagree...

For sure Kampf is a bottom 6 NHL player.

However, who are you putting in top 6 that could make an NHL team to take his spot? It's not that he can't score, he struggles at the NHL level. Eg. if he left the NHL and went to Extraliga, his scoring would be top 10.

Using a guy like Stransky.. he struggled forever in the AHL, returned home and now he's a goal scoring stud. I doubt he'd score 10 goals in the NHL and I don't say that as a knock against him as I'm a big fan.

I just feel like an average NHL player will almost always outscore a very good Extraliga one. Look at Jaskin and Radil... both struggled at NHL level.. did great in KHL. Or Kovar who couldn't crack the NHL at all. Or Cervenka who lasted one season.

FTR... I would put Kovar in Top 6.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad