WC: 2021 Czech Republic Roster Talk

Maluk11

Feb 27, 2016
Šimon Hrubec just win Gagarin Cup and finished with second shutdown in row and save percentage 95% in the whole playoff, fantastic numbers!
I think he has really big chance to be our number 1 on WC.

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Šimon Hrubec just win Gagarin Cup and finished with second shutdown in row and save percentage 95% in the whole playoff, fantastic numbers!
I think he has really big chance to be our number 1 on WC.
I'm guessing Hrubec/Bartosak with Will as number 3. For non NHL that is quite good!

I'd prefer number 3 to go to an AHL guy like Dostal, Vladar or Korenar personally but I'm not too worried about our goaltending.

Reactions: Maluk11

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Voracek is out. I totally understand his reasons. I expect more to fall soon.

Maluk11

Feb 27, 2016
Voracek is out. I totally understand his reasons. I expect more to fall soon.
It's shame, but understandable. He wouldn't see his family for month or so if he go.
I appreciate guys like Jordán, who fights for WC despite being away from family, because it's must be hard.
And the only player from NHL i really hope for is Hronek, because he cannot be replaced.

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
It's shame, but understandable. He wouldn't see his family for month or so if he go.
I appreciate guys like Jordán, who fights for WC despite being away from family, because it's must be hard.
And the only player from NHL i really hope for is Hronek, because he cannot be replaced.
I'm surprised with Jordan because he was cut last time and has always been a good soldier.

Agree about Hronek... he would be the most impactful for us.

Zohorna in training camp after having a baby is pretty impressive too.

Maluk11

Feb 27, 2016
4 - 1 for Czech Republic against Germany. I watched only the end and that was good from our side.

Maluk11

Feb 27, 2016
I'm surprised with Jordan because he was cut last time and has always been a good soldier.

Agree about Hronek... he would be the most impactful for us.

Zohorna in training camp after having a baby is pretty impressive too.
I think both Zohorna's have a baby, Tomáš month before Hynek. So it's even more impresive :laugh:

Voodoozz

Czechmate
Feb 22, 2016
Pilsen
www.youtube.com
4 - 1 for Czech Republic against Germany. I watched only the end and that was good from our side.
It was actually a very bad game from our side, KHL players clearly were not motivated enough to put in more than 40% effort againts Germany. Germans significantly outplayed us in terms of skating, puck possession and skill display, they were motivated and gave their very best. The Czechs were not moving their feet most of the game, fortunately they were able to convert the two chances they had and the Germans couldn't get more past Růžička. An abysmal game for our team.

Maluk11

Feb 27, 2016
5-4 for Czechs in another game vs Germany. Again not very good game. But we, same like before, managed to win. That is positive. Jakub Galvas two goals is another positive thing.

Last edited:
Reactions: czechcanadian

Maluk11

Feb 27, 2016
G: Petr Kváča D: David Musil, Ondřej Vitásek F: Radan Lenc, Adam Musil, Matěj Stránský, Michael Špaček are another confirmed players to join the team. There should also be some cuts soon.

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Suprised that Adam Musil was added.
He played for Canada at the Hlinka... was in the St. Louis program for awhile. Good soldier. I was positive he'd be an NHLer by now to be honest. I was wrong. It's nice to get a Czech back.lol Pivonka and Hejduk play for US now! Note that I'm kidding and there is nothing wrong with that. I always tell people that if Gretzky had a son that he'd be playing for America too!

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
5-4 for Czechs in another game vs Germany. Again not very good game. But we, same like before, managed to win. That is positive. Jakub Galvas two goals is another positive thing.
Blumel and Tomasek with 3 points each as well. Salda with 2 points. I don't know much about Tomasek but am a big fan of the other guys. Galvas is coming to North America next season as well. He might eke out an NHL spot in 2 seasons.

Reactions: Maluk11

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
G: Petr Kváča D: David Musil, Ondřej Vitásek F: Radan Lenc, Adam Musil, Matěj Stránský, Michael Špaček are another confirmed players to join the team. There should also be some cuts soon.
Spacek! Woohoo. Been waiting for that one.

Feels like we have 50 guys in camp right now.lol Lenc is a guy I wouldn't even consider BUT I'm pretty sure all he does is score for us... I think he leads us in EHT scoring by a good margin.

I'm a huge Musil fan and hope he and Masin crack the final roster. I then hope Masin finds his way back to the NHL where he belongs.

Honestly feels like we have about 20 forwards - none of which I'd describe as high impact
12 D - same thing
5 goalies?

The problem is that none of the guys stand out to me... it's a solid solid group of guys but no superstars (for Euro standards). You could probably split the squad in 2 anyway you like and have very competiitive games.

Maluk11

Feb 27, 2016
And here it is.
Cuts: D: Daniel Gazda, David Němeček, Radim Šalda and F: Ondřej Beránek, Jiří Černoch, Petr Kodýtek, Jakub Pour and Filip Suchý.
Which means we continue with 4 goalies, 10 defensemen and 15 forwards.

Reactions: JustSomeGuyCZ

Maluk11

Feb 27, 2016
And maybe Jiří Sekáč also. Which is suprising, as he didn't play KHL playoff final due to injury.

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
And here it is.
Cuts: D: Daniel Gazda, David Němeček, Radim Šalda and F: Ondřej Beránek, Jiří Černoch, Petr Kodýtek, Jakub Pour and Filip Suchý.
Which means we continue with 4 goalies, 10 defensemen and 15 forwards.
Was a little sad to see Salda go... not a bad cut or anything, I'm just a fan of his. All the cuts are logical.

Maluk11

Feb 27, 2016
It also seems Patrik Bartošák wasn't invited, which mean Hrubec, Will and Kváča/Růžička are our goalies for WC.

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
It also seems Patrik Bartošák wasn't invited, which mean Hrubec, Will and Kváča/Růžička are our goalies for WC.
Really? That's suprising... feels like there'd be more to that story. I don't really see that big a difference between Hrubed, Bartosak and Will so it's not upsetting or anything.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad