2021 Coyotes Roster Discussion Pt. 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

RemoAZ

Let it burn
Mar 30, 2010
Glendale, Arizona
They're just not talented enough to not have everyone on the table. Hopefully he can upgrade the roster without moving Chychrun, Garland and DVO but I'm sure he'll listen to offers on everyone. The playoffs will set up trade opportunities. Teams getting bounced early could put more players on the table for roster shake-ups.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
I think you’re right. I think he wants to move Kessel and OEL for any reasonable return. I think he hopes he can get a great return for Kuemper and will move him if he can get one. If not, happy to hang onto him.

For the Keller, Garland, Schmaltz, Dvorak group, I don’t think he’s shopping them and will only consider major offers.
He believe he mentioned Kuemper as part of the core.

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
I see one “major” RD ufa signing and some depth signings coupled with whatever we can get for Kessel and possibly OEL. Next year we are in the first half of lottery.

we may also look to add a roster asset like a Tyler Johnson for cap space and a pick as well. Post expansion.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
They're just not talented enough to not have everyone on the table. Hopefully he can upgrade the roster without moving Chychrun, Garland and DVO but I'm sure he'll listen to offers on everyone. The playoffs will set up trade opportunities. Teams getting bounced early could put more players on the table for roster shake-ups.
We missed the playoffs and there will be changes and everyone should be on the table, but having said that, I would like to add in FA to our core, and with a new coach keep on evaluating the team. BA said we can't have Keller, Garland and OEL keep on getting slapped around. BA knows he has to add muscle. Going to be a fun few months.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
I see one “major” RD ufa signing and some depth signings coupled with whatever we can get for Kessel and possibly OEL. Next year we are in the first half of lottery.

we may also look to add a roster asset like a Tyler Johnson for cap space and a pick as well. Post expansion.
BA wants to make the playoffs and he said as much. He said he expects us to be fighting for the playoffs, much like this year. We are not tanking. Who is the RD you are thinking of?

RemoAZ

Let it burn
Mar 30, 2010
Glendale, Arizona
BA wants to make the playoffs and he said as much. He said he expects us to be fighting for the playoffs, much like this year. We are not tanking. Who is the RD you are thinking of?
usa_today_9762092.0.jpg

crazyhockeylover96

Mar 14, 2009
I wonder how many European UFAs BA has gotten for the NHL/AHL when he stated the team hasn’t released all the names yet. Is he saving money on those guys to concentrate on a couple of higher priced guys. Essentially, switching older high priced players like Kessel and OEL to younger mid/high priced skill “core” players and adding bigger/tougher support players.

Mosby

Fire Bettman
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
I imagine the Euros won't be added to the roster til after the expansion draft. Why protect them if you don't have to.

Reactions: Jakey53

crazyhockeylover96

Mar 14, 2009
I imagine the Euros won't be added to the roster til after the expansion draft. Why protect them if you don't have to.
Makes sense. Verbal commitments only then as I would think delayed submissions of signed contracts would be viewed as E-draft circumvention.

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC
Clearly the team needs to add a Dman or 2. Maybe they re-sign Goligoski. They already signed the Russian D (Provolnev). Maybe/hopefully a big bruiser.

Mosby

Fire Bettman
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
There's no way we're bringing back TDA.

Remember this:

Other reports that Armstrong has seen just have no way of quantifying or identifying character.

“You might have a situation where your analytics guy goes through the waiver list and says, ‘You should claim this guy,’ and you look at him and say, ‘You don’t understand. ‘That guy’s a dirtbag,” Armstrong said. “In an instant, your analytics guy has lost credibility with the entire staff.”

Reactions: Jakey53

Mosby

Fire Bettman
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
Who's going to be left to help him?

Keller, Chychrun, Dvorak, Bunting, Soderstrom, Crouse...

Some of these proposals, 10 pieces for Eichel, that's just absurd. That just doesn't happen. Considering the state of the Sabres, the state of Eichel, and their inexperienced GM, the price should be better than expected.

Grimes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 5, 2012
Tippet's Doghouse

Some of these proposals, 10 pieces for Eichel, that's just absurd. That just doesn't happen. Considering the state of the Sabres, the state of Eichel, and their inexperienced GM, the price should be better than expected.

Exactly. If Buffalo is going to move him it has to be this year before the NMC kicks in or the return will decrease significantly. That being said, because everyone knows this I feel his value will be slightly less than it should be because of the scramble to beat the NMC.

You also aren't trading for predraft Eichel. You are trading for a guy who has only played a full season once and has never hit a PPG season (even if he has paced that). He now has injury and supposed locker room warts (I believe these are overblown but they shouldn't be outright ignored).

Would anyone consider him a top five center in the league? Top ten?
McDavid
MacKinnon
Crosby
Leon Drai
Auston Matthews

Barkov
Point
Aho
Bergeron
Scheifle

Where does Eichel fit on that list?

Mosby

Fire Bettman
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
I agree that the locker room warts is overstated. That was the same “issue” with ROR in Buffalo. Turns out the issue was (is) actually Buffalo.

Grimes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 5, 2012
Tippet's Doghouse
I agree that the locker room warts is overstated. That was the same “issue” with ROR in Buffalo. Turns out the issue was (is) actually Buffalo.

Yep but if you are a GM you have to use it as ammo to negotiate a trade. Could be the difference of adding a 3rd instead of a 2nd.

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
Savard makes some sense. I’d love to say Hamilton but not getting hopes up.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011

That's who you want left. Chick and Keller are probably the first names that Buffalo would want. The price is going to be steep, which we can not afford, or do we have the pieces.

cobra427

May 6, 2012
I don't see us trading for Eichel, it will be a bidding war. They will want DVO and Soderstrom. If we can land him and it doesn't involve trading Chych/DVO/Soderstrom/1st rd picks, then sure do it. 2 of Schmaltz/Keller/Hayton/garland plus parts, fine with me. I think we will be outbid.

Schemp

Nov 12, 2018
Forum 40
How many RHDs will be exposed? That's an opportunity!

Can't afford the price for Eichel, but the price is dropping. Prefer Reinhart, but what will it cost to re-sign him?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad