2021 Coyotes Roster Discussion Pt. 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

YotesFan47

Jun 16, 2012
Phoenix, Arizona USA
HFPhilly seems to hate Kevin Hayes and seems at least somewhat open to OEL for him. Both players have NMCs but I'd do that deal if all sides were amenable. Hayes is owed 33.5m in actual cash over the next five seasons. OEL is owed 50m in actual cash over the next six years. That's an average of 6.7 million for Hayes versus and average of 8.3 million for OEL, if you're keeping score at home. Hayes is obviously signed for one fewer season, and is one year younger.

OEL is owed 10.5m in cash each of the next three seasons.

Hayes is owed 9m, 7.5m, and 6.5m in those three seasons.

That's a savings of 8.5m in total cash over those three.

I'd bet Jani Hakanpaa would sign a 3yr, 8.5m deal in UFA.
Seem more like the kind of deal for OEL we'd actually see happen. I'd even take Gostisbehere for Patrick and Allison. I realize we'd need to add but taking a swing at Patrick and adding a power forward in Allison would be cool.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Havent followed this WC in detail but Canada has tons of players everywhere. It's pretty easy to put a roster together even now.
Not sure about that. There is no way Hill or Crouse should have had an invitation.

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
I think Morgan has it wrong. When you gat the chance to acquire a top 5 or 7 1C, you jump on it. I don’t care where we are in a rebuild. These opportunities don’t often arise. There probably won’t be a center anywhere near Eichel’s level when we are further along in the rebuild.

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
I think Morgan has it wrong. When you gat the chance to acquire a top 5 or 7 1C, you jump on it. I don’t care where we are in a rebuild. These opportunities don’t often arise. There probably won’t be a center anywhere near Eichel’s level when we are further along in the rebuild.
Is the better move to target Reinhart?

Reactions: Schemp and Kaizen

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Almost every team thinks the same. We would have to gut our team to get Eichel, some other teams, such as NRY have extra high end players and prospects to use as bait. Eichel is not coming here.

Grimes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 5, 2012
Tippet's Doghouse
Schmaltz+Kuemper for Risto + Reinhart
Kessel (50%) for Connolly and Ludvig
Throw money at Danault
Sign two of Oleksiak, Poolman or Hakanpa
Get Gabriel
Pray Pitlick is taken in expanaion

Keller-Danault-Reinhart
Bunting-Dvo-Garland
Connolly-Jenik-Jaskin
Crouse-Larsson-Fischer
Hayden-Gabriel

Chychrun-Risto
OEL-Poolman
Oleksiak-Bush
Cappo-Other Russian (I need to commit this guy's name to memory geez)

Reactions: Heldig

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
Landeskog? Only costs money no picks or players. In his prime, good in the playoffs, good in the dot, AND he can tell us how to beat Colorado.:)
Doesn't he play wing?? Does seem to take a lot of faceoffs??

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
Second most in Colorado. Same # as Schmaltz, but his FOW% is much better.
Like I said he takes a lot of face-offs but plays left wing. No idea what to call that??? He plays on Mackinnon's line about 80% of the time.

Reactions: Jakey53

Mosby

<3 Uncle Gary
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
Landeskog turns 29 next season. He's right on the edge of being out of his prime. Gonna be an ugly, overpaid contract.

Schemp

Nov 12, 2018
Forum 40
Kessel will probably be traded after his bonus is paid. And it will be for his full cap. To who? Probably follow Tocchet to wherever he goes.

Schemp

Nov 12, 2018
Forum 40
Second most in Colorado. Same # as Schmaltz, but his FOW% is much better.
So are you suggesting that Landeskog should play on Schmaltz's line?
Put Keller with Reinhart?
Dvorak and Garland?
I'll then be ready for next season.
Still would like to sign Adam Larsson, let see what will happen.

And what about the Kraken. Exposed Cs and RHDs? Would Francis retain on an overpriced skater for ... say like ... Hayton?

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Landeskog turns 29 next season. He's right on the edge of being out of his prime. Gonna be an ugly, overpaid contract.
By gutting our team, that's going to be Eichel's age after we rebuild. Besidess we need a vet leader with playoff experience.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
BA said the core will be back next year, and he mentioned Keller, Schmaltz, Crouse and a few others. I think BA wants to add by way of FA to the current core. Maybe he feels with a new coach the core will be much better, like many on this board believe.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
BA said the core will be back next year, and he mentioned Keller, Schmaltz, Crouse and a few others. I think BA wants to add by way of FA to the current core. Maybe he feels with a new coach the core will be much better, like many on this board believe.
I think you’re right. I think he wants to move Kessel and OEL for any reasonable return. I think he hopes he can get a great return for Kuemper and will move him if he can get one. If not, happy to hang onto him.

For the Keller, Garland, Schmaltz, Dvorak group, I don’t think he’s shopping them and will only consider major offers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->