2021 Coyotes Roster Discussion Pt. 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

lanky

Feeling Spicy
Jun 23, 2007
Winnipeg
Also after thinking about it, to answer your question of who we give up:

Schmaltz + Kuemper + Soderstrom + Hayton + 2022 1st (unprotected) + 2021 2nd (CBJ)

I think Schmaltz is the odd man out in a Eichel deal. We likely keep Keller with the intention of pairing him with Eichel. I also believe BA does not see Schmaltz as a natural center and will look to move him for someone that is. Schmaltz has top 6 value, be that at center or wing.

Kuemper is there as a stable goalie for their team to rely on. They have no starter signed next season, Ullmark could walk as disparagement plagues the Buffalo roster.

Buffalo does not have a deep pool of RD prospects and I would argue NHL talent. Miller is older and really should be on the 3rd pair. Ristolainen should be moved. Joker is basically it. Soderstrom is a swede and would fit in nicely with Dahlin, Olofsson, Asplund and Ullmark if he choses to stay.

Hayton in my opinion falls into the Zajac/Henrique ceiling IMO. Love to have it, not a game changer but will be a steady workhorse. Just have to let him finish developing. There is real value in that type of player and ceiling.

The picks are good picks. The 1st could be like the Ottawa 1st that has been a running joke for 2 years. We just fail next year and win one of the lotteries. Who doesn't want a 2nd shot next year?

I'd even add players like Capobianco and Westerlund so Buffalo can help their AHL affiliate and hope one of them blossoms into and NHL regular.
I'm not sure what it'll take but this proposal is an easy no for me.

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
I think Soderstrom is untouchable. I have him in a different tier than Hayton as I am not certain we haven’t screwed up Hayton.

Buffalo will want Schmaltz over Keller to get a centre replacement.

YotesFan47

Jun 16, 2012
Phoenix, Arizona USA
Not that I expected much, but the main board seemed underwhelmed by the value, minus a few people saying they think it would be hard to beat. Then the tread got merged into the mega thread. It did get into just talking purely about the value I posted, rather than the intent of understanding what people thought Arizona should give. I was disappointed because that mega thread just muddies waters and having multiple treads for multiple teams helps keep information relevant.

Edit: Actually I'm a little upset that the Arizona and Anaheim Eichel threads got merged but NYR got to keep theirs. NY would have to give the moon to get Eichel because it's in the division and Buffalo would have to compete with NY 8+ times a year. Seems less likely he ends up in the NE until he's a UFA.

Last edited:

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
Boston still seems like the perfect landing spot for OEL. A shitload of cap coming off the books there and a serious need on D.

Reactions: Jakey53

YotesFan47

Jun 16, 2012
Phoenix, Arizona USA
Why? We aren't offering that if we don't think he's capable of living up to his pedigree/getting over his injury. Most on this board think pretty low of Hayton and Schmaltz. Soderstrom and the unprotected 1st are the best pieces and if we added Eichel and improved out blue line, we are almost certainly a playoff team, making that a later first. What makes it awful?

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Why? We aren't offering that if we don't think he's capable of living up to his pedigree/getting over his injury. Most on this board think pretty low of Hayton and Schmaltz. Soderstrom and the unprotected 1st are the best pieces and if we added Eichel and improved out blue line, we are almost certainly a playoff team, making that a later first. What makes it awful?

It's still three top 15 picks, including one being a very likely top 5 juicy lottery pick, plus two extremely useful roster players and a 2nd that is essentially a late first.

Eichel is good but he's still just one injured, expensive player.

Schemp

Nov 12, 2018
Forum 40
Kuemper, if traded, needs to happen by June 17th, the date teams need to submit their exposure list. And the talk is about a player that is going in for surgery for a slip disc and an overpayment of sorts? I rather go after Reinhart, dependent on contract negotiations.

Reactions: Jagged Ice

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
k y'all how out to lunch am I?

Keller 7.15 Eichel 10 Garland 5.25
Schwartz 5.5 Dvorak 4.45 Hornqvist 5.3
DeBrusk 3.675 Bozak 2.75 Pitlick 1.75
Crouse 1.533 Larsson 1.4 Bunting 1.5
Gabriel 1

Chychrun 4.6 Hamilton 8.5
Vaakanainen 0.9 Goligoski 2.0
Oleksiak 4.0 Lyubushkin 1.35
Capobianco 0.8

Hill 1.8
Anderson 3.0

Still not a ton of skill or overwhelming size but there are are a lot of industrious and irritating players.

- Schmaltz, Hayton, Kuemper, 2021 2nd, 2022 1st for Eichel
- OEL for DeBrusk, Vaakanainen
- Kessel for Hornqvist (Florida has been on his list)
- Fischer to Seattle
- Couple of Blues UFAs added up front, then Hamilton, Oleksiak, Andersen
- Still roughly 2 mil cap space

Eichel move aside, I feel blowing the doors off for Hamilton has to be the biggest stretch.

Schemp

Nov 12, 2018
Forum 40
Edit: Actually I'm a little upset that the Arizona and Anaheim Eichel threads got merged but NYR got to keep theirs. NY would have to give the moon to get Eichel because it's in the division and Buffalo would have to compete with NY 8+ times a year. Seems less likely he ends up in the NE until he's a UFA.
Buffalo is in the Adams Division, Rangers are in the Patrick Division.

Reactions: Summer Rose

YotesFan47

Jun 16, 2012
Phoenix, Arizona USA
It's still three top 15 picks, including one being a very likely top 5 juicy lottery pick, plus two extremely useful roster players and a 2nd that is essentially a late first.

Eichel is good but he's still just one injured, expensive player.
For a top 10, 24yo center with 5 more years on his contract before he's a UFA. Think Matthews wouldn't love to play on the same team as Eichel where the two of them can form one of the best 1-2 punches in the league? Getting Eichel, so long as his injury isn't career damaging, actually does way more for this franchise than hoping we end up with 1OA. We've seen that play out, we're awesome at it. On top of that, adding Eichel at only the expense of Schmaltz from our roster, improves our roster dramatically. Do we even have a lottery pick next year if we add him? In theory we give up a 2 way 2/3c prospect, a potentially really good RD, a late first, and early 2nd, and Schmaltz. I would think that's actually less value than Buffalo would want.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad