Recalled/Assigned: 2021 Colorado Eagles (AHL) and Utah Grizzlies (ECHL)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Metallo

NWOBHM forever \m/
Feb 14, 2010
Québec, QC
I seriously don’t recognize a single name on the Grizzlies roster.
The only one I know is Matthew Boucher, son of Philippe Boucher and former Remparts.

Shouldn’t we have a few drafted prospects on that team?
Edit: I guess the taxi squad bumps a few ECHLers up to the AHL.

Last edited:

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Boy that Eagles roster is interesting. Luka is very happy to be there.
73B75857-464A-472F-9076-7C160C6B1FE7.jpeg

Reactions: klozge

ArWKo

Jul 2, 2009
CO
Is Kaut neither playing for the Eagles tonight nor on the taxi squad at the moment? What’s going on there?

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
Is Kaut neither playing for the Eagles tonight nor on the taxi squad at the moment? What’s going on there?
It’s truly bizarre I have no idea how he just shows up on the Avs practice report when everything else printed there lines up exactly with what I saw yesterday but then they said he’s out with UBI on the broadcast. What a crazy coincidence?? Maybe we’ll know more tomorrow.

They played hard with what they had on hand tonight. I was very happy to see Foudy in the lineup and playing with Bowers and Fortin. The line was very good and created a lot of chances. Bowers plays more structured than the other two who are absolute burners but it helped get his aggressiveness up. He played well overall.

For me the story of the night was Foudy who got a lot of TOI, was great to see him get that opportunity. I’m sure some was the missing guys from the lineup but they didn’t ease off playing him later in the game at all, which ended up 3-2 loss. His speed as we know is pro level, I was very impressed with his puck ability and passing which would be one of the better on the team if he stuck around. He truly did not want to shoot the puck and waited too long in the offensive zone but those things are absolutely a pace adjustment. I’ll be interested to see improvement for however long he gets in the lineup. One of the better pro debuts I’ve seen.

They had Pateryn out there with the C, who knows if that’s temporary or what. Good luck to him lol.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
That line up had far too many veteran AHL journeymen for my liking, but I guess Avs might've went that route from the addition of the taxi squad taking players and the overall Covid protocols. I really hope this just a one time thing and isn't necessarily a glimpse of the future. Like what is a Ryan Wagner, Riley Woods, Miles Gendron, Callahan Burke, Charlie Gerard, Ian Scheid, and Matt Abt?

Metallo

NWOBHM forever \m/
Feb 14, 2010
Québec, QC
That line up had far too many veteran AHL journeymen for my liking, but I guess Avs might've went that route from the addition of the taxi squad taking players and the overall Covid protocols. I really hope this just a one time thing and isn't necessarily a glimpse of the future. Like what is a Ryan Wagner, Riley Woods, Miles Gendron, Callahan Burke, Charlie Gerard, Ian Scheid, and Matt Abt?
The taxi squad makes everything trickle up, shit AHL and ECHL roster.

Metallo

NWOBHM forever \m/
Feb 14, 2010
Québec, QC
Not knowing what is going on with one of our top prospect is soooo Avs. What is so hard for them to publish some info? They have the comm staff and media platforms to do it.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
What happened to all the AHL stars that make $150-200k in the minors this year? I can't imagine a lot of owners wanting to pay that kind of salary with no crowds.

I suspect Eagles want Megna to be with Avs all year, with his $360k minor salary.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
What happened to all the AHL stars that make $150-200k in the minors this year? I can't imagine a lot of owners wanting to pay that kind of salary with no crowds.

I suspect Eagles want Megna to be with Avs all year, with his $360k minor salary.
They have a ton of those guys, not just Megna. This is how they appease Billington by giving him expensive toys.

Wagner is going to be around all year, they absolutely love that guy. A few of them who were on PTOs will go back but they purposely want ECHL veterans.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
Wtf when did they get Lernout? He’s an awesome dude. The guys will love him in Loveland.

Metallo

NWOBHM forever \m/
Feb 14, 2010
Québec, QC
They have a ton of those guys, not just Megna. This is how they appease Billington by giving him expensive toys.

Wagner is going to be around all year, they absolutely love that guy. A few of them who were on PTOs will go back but they purposely want ECHL veterans.
I’m not sure I understand the “ECHL veterans” dilemma. We have no prospect in the ECHL right now so no one is burried on the Grizzlies. With the taxi squad we need additional bodies in the AHL, obviously these are going to be veteran minor leaguers to fill out the Eagles.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad