Recalled/Assigned: 2021 Colorado Eagles (AHL) and Utah Grizzlies (ECHL)

Status
Not open for further replies.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
Crazy the game where I saw more pro style quality chances than ever they only get one goal but Ontario goalie played well. I liked Barron a lot, he fit in nicely. The penalty was pretty cheap so no biggie there. For a guy who has never been to a camp and probably just one practice the fact that he looked composed and integrated into what they were doing was a pleasant surprise. He was on PP1 which was nice to see too.

I’m sure a lot of people wondering Barron’s physicality, here’s him erasing Frk on the boards.

Btw Clurman is out with what it sounds like a foot injury from blocking a shot on Wednesday.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
So do guys on ATO’s get salary or just per diem? Do they pay for their own place to live? I’m assuming not if they’re getting by on whatever the AHL per diem rate is. I know guys under contract pay for their own place.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
So do guys on ATO’s get salary or just per diem? Do they pay for their own place to live? I’m assuming not if they’re getting by on whatever the AHL per diem rate is. I know guys under contract pay for their own place.
I believe ATOs only get per diem, which is pretty bad for Foudy who played the entire year with no actual pay. Burzan was on a podcast recently and talked about “the team apartment” so my guess is those guys like him, Foudy, etc all live there and is prob team provided (or else the team would be paying for them to live in a hotel). The way he said it made it sound like a building not that everyone lives in one apartment. Other than that I really don’t know what level of help these guys get, especially someone like Foudy.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
I believe ATOs only get per diem, which is pretty bad for Foudy who played the entire year with no actual pay. Burzan was on a podcast recently and talked about “the team apartment” so my guess is those guys like him, Foudy, etc all live there and is prob team provided (or else the team would be paying for them to live in a hotel). The way he said it made it sound like a building not that everyone lives in one apartment. Other than that I really don’t know what level of help these guys get, especially someone like Foudy.
Interesting. Yeah on one hand, Foudy wouldn’t be making money in the OHL either. But he’d have a billet family and stuff. The parents of hopeful NHL bound kids really put everything they have into getting those kids what they need it’s crazy.

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver
Newhook needs to be up with the Avs as soon as possible.

There is no reason to keep a player as talented as him off the roster, he would be a massive upgrade, and would help the PP immediately.

I hope Sakic doesn't screw this one up, get him here now to contribute.

Reactions: The Kingslayer

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
Newhook needs to be up with the Avs as soon as possible.

There is no reason to keep a player as talented as him off the roster, he would be a massive upgrade, and would help the PP immediately.

I hope Sakic doesn't screw this one up, get him here now to contribute.

There's tonnes of resson to keep him in the AHL and no, he is not a massive upgrade.

Do people honestly already forget the Jost situation.

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver
There's tonnes of resson to keep him in the AHL and no, he is not a massive upgrade.

Do people honestly already forget the Jost situation.
Not even remotely comparable. Jost 1 and done straight to the NHL.

Newhook 2 years NCAA, has already played 8 games in the AHL and is looking dominant over point per game. Jost 1 NCAA straight to NHL, went to minors for all of 12 games was so so around .5 pts per game.

Newhook is a year older than Jost was when he made his debut. Not to mention the fact that every single prospect is different. Just because Jost struggled the way he was brought in, doesn't mean that Newhook will struggle with only small amounts of minor league time. Somr player can handle it right away others can't.

Tommy Shelby

Feb 26, 2012
I don't think there's any need to rush Newhook, or any of the other forwards that are doing well for the Eagles. Too bad we don't have any viable options options on D after Byram and Timmins.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad