Recalled/Assigned: 2021 Colorado Eagles (AHL) and Utah Grizzlies (ECHL)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
I just read "Barron" and "scored 3 short handed goals" and my head exploded.

Metallo

NWOBHM forever \m/
Feb 14, 2010
Québec, QC
Oh man, I don't want to hear this. Newhook was just there. Was MacDonald too or was he on the taxi squad?

This better not result in another damn COVID pause for the Avs. :banghead:
I don’t think Newhook and MacD are at risk. I don’t think MacD was ever assigned to the Eagles during his absence and Newhook has been with the team for a while now.

Bone Breaker

Apr 2, 2015
Tokyo
speaking of Barron, out of the guys with expiring contracts, who are the ones that appear to be more prone for an extension and the ones that will likely be released? (Barron, Johansson, Werner, Dries, Lewis...)

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
I don’t think Newhook and MacD are at risk. I don’t think MacD was ever assigned to the Eagles during his absence and Newhook has been with the team for a while now.

Hopefully not, but Newhook was called up 6 days ago, and the incubation period for COVID is 2-14 days.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
If Newhook's last contact with whoever may be positive was 6 days ago, Newhook will test positive either today or tomorrow. If he doesn't then he managed to escape it.

The 7-10 day thing is just how the NHL and many other business have decided to handle quarantines, based on various risk factors about how they were exposed. It's a compromise so to speak, to avoid taking people out of action for the full 14 days, if they're continually testing negative.

Technically he can still develop symptoms up to 14 days after exposure though.

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
It could just as easily have been the other team that had the outbreak, you know. As far as I can tell, the game against the Reign tomorrow is still on.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
It could just as easily have been the other team that had the outbreak, you know. As far as I can tell, the game against the Reign tomorrow is still on.
It was a problem with the Eagles.

They have showed zero concern about AHL to NHL transmission. Tynan was called up to the taxi squad today so whatever it is seems resolved anyway.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
speaking of Barron, out of the guys with expiring contracts, who are the ones that appear to be more prone for an extension and the ones that will likely be released? (Barron, Johansson, Werner, Dries, Lewis...)
Barron and Lewis are gone. Generally the AHL UFAs will not return but they will keep the RFAs (Sherwood and Gilbert off the top of my head). JoJo will be a group 6 UFA, I could see him go either way or if they have any desire to try and keep a non-waiver exempt number three around or not.

Reactions: Bone Breaker

Gigantor The Goalie

Speak for the Goalies
Feb 4, 2012
New London
The 7-10 day thing is just how the NHL and many other business have decided to handle quarantines, based on various risk factors about how they were exposed. It's a compromise so to speak, to avoid taking people out of action for the full 14 days, if they're continually testing negative.

Technically he can still develop symptoms up to 14 days after exposure though.

You can develop symptoms 14 days later but if your last exposure was ~7 days ago that's when the test is it's most accurate. As long as Newhook's PCR tests come back negative from yesterday and today he's fine.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Barron's first goal.....

The fact that I haven't heard of a bunch of guys ending up on the scoresheet shows how little I've paid attention to the Eagles this season. No joke, earlier this season I thought Mark Alt's name was somehow being autocorrected to "Abt" whenever people would post about him.

LTC Pain

Jul 1, 2006
Colorado Springs, CO
Barron's first goal.....

The fact that I haven't heard of a bunch of guys ending up on the scoresheet shows how little I've paid attention to the Eagles this season. No joke, earlier this season I thought Mark Alt's name was somehow being autocorrected to "Abt" whenever people would post about him.

Everytime I type "Cale" (Makar), my phone autocorrects it to "Cake":)

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
You can develop symptoms 14 days later but if your last exposure was ~7 days ago that's when the test is it's most accurate. As long as Newhook's PCR tests come back negative from yesterday and today he's fine.

He's fine to play, and most likely he's fine health wise and didn't get it at this point, but it's not a certainty because the incubation period is up to 14 days.

They just don't want to shut them down for 14 days, because the median incubation period is 5 days. That's when most people develop symptoms.

So they roll the dice a small bit with 7-10 days to compromise and keep testing to make sure.

Last edited:

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Barron's first goal.....

Clutch goal to tie the game late in the third too. Looks like the Eagles scored about a minute later and ended up coming back to win 7-5. Vecchione got a hat trick with the empty netter.

I had a feeling about Barron. He's just a good hockey player. He's just got it. Really smart and usually makes the right play at the right time. Not sure what level he can get to, but he's got NHLer written all over him.

Reactions: Barklez

Richard88

John 3:16
Jun 29, 2019
Barron's first goal.....

That goal looks like the sort of goal Bednar loves his defensemen to score. Jumping up in the play to create a man-advantage down low. Nice to see.

Reactions: McMetal
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad