Prospect Info: 2021 2nd Rd Pick (#57 OA) - Matthew Knies (LW) - Tri-City (USHL)

francis246

Nov 16, 2007
They had to wait until 5pm for the maximum cap space to open up (as end of day for cap reasons is considered 5pm). They'll officially announce it after 5pm and he will play tomorrow.

Anyone got any guesses on what number he'll wear? He wore #23 in prospects camp in the summer.

I remember seeing Kyle Cushman saying the leafs have been pretty steady at giving prospects their numbers from training camp

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
Pure speculation:

He signs in the next day or so.
He doesn't sign and returns to try and win the championship in 2024.
He signs a deal starting next year with a bonus structure.
He plays out his college and signs with Leafs/other team.
He quits hockey and becomes a minister overseas in developing country.

So my speculation was right on?

And so many were getting excited about it.

saltming

Fan Addict
Oct 6, 2015
Other
I heard he's not signing becuase he thinks the leafs are classless for playing the EBUG against the habs in the last 70 seconds.
wiserhood-cheers-wiser-cheers.gif

• Haha
Reactions: Leaf Rocket

ER89

Jul 25, 2018
Honestly I’d put Knies next to Matthews and Marner. These games don’t mean anything but it would be a dream come true for Knies if he’s in the opening night lineup playing with someone he’s looked up to in Matthews and a superstar like Marner.
agreed - M&M are strong enough defensively to shelter him. Why not try it out.

Gives us a chance to then go with three stacked lines with willy - jt-ror and jarn-acciari-bunting which could be a sneakky sneaky good third line.

Fourth line stays the same and kerfoot is shot to the sun.

Sypher04

Jan 20, 2011
Simmonds Will most likely be up in the playoffs, after the season when there is no cap

I think it’s quite unlikely Simmonds cracks this lineup when healthy. I doubt we see him until when/if someone in the bottom 6 gets hurt

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad