Prospect Info: 2021 2nd Rd Pick (#57 OA) - Matthew Knies (LW) - Tri-City (USHL)

daveleaf

#FIREKEEFE #MIGHTBETIMETOFIRESHANNYTOO
Mar 23, 2010
Canada
I will say this. If he doesn't get into the lineup this week I highly doubt we will se him in a Leaf uniform.

• Haha
Reactions: Metroid

hullsy47

Dec 7, 2005
I will say this. If he doesn't get into the lineup this week I highly doubt we will se him in a Leaf uniform.
The leafs are a hard team ro make. Im still reserving my enthusiasm till he shows he can outplay janny or bunting
NCAA players tend to fool us yearly
The best sometimes give u more as old free agents
I also like Koster

Reactions: daveleaf

francis246

Nov 16, 2007

What? Again just zero sense, there was a possibility and probably still a possibility he signs a Marlies ATO and then joins the leafs for the playoffs. He’s signing, it’s pretty much a lock at this point.

daveleaf

Mar 23, 2010
Canada
What? Again just zero sense, there was a possibility and probably still a possibility he signs a Marlies ATO and then joins the leafs for the playoffs. He’s signing, it’s pretty much a lock at this point.
Just my belief, I don't have a good feeling about it. I could be wrong.......... So, nothing is a lock until it is locked.

Jimmy Firecracker

Fire Sheldon.
Mar 30, 2010
Mississauga
Seeing Faber from the Gophers signing with his NHL team and I’m waiting for Knies to sign like:

1681056562970.gif

Last edited:

IPS

Sep 28, 2017
What is honestly the f***ing matter with you people? How can you possibly know this or have any knowledge that supports having this opinion?

Reactions: smitty10

daveleaf

Mar 23, 2010
Canada
What is honestly the f***ing matter with you people? How can you possibly know this or have any knowledge that supports having this opinion?
Maybe you need to step away from the ledge. Faber signs, if you're a collegiate and your season is done you want to make the next step as soon as possible. As I said, my personal opinion. You disagree that is fine, your response? Completely over the top, on a Sunday morning during Easter weekend, makes it even crazier.

Leaf Rocket

Leaf Fan Till I Die
Dec 10, 2007
Toronto/Fredericton
Just my belief, I don't have a good feeling about it. I could be wrong.......... So, nothing is a lock until it is locked.
you have the right to your belief but that is a very uninformed belief and thought of not signing him unless you have some insider knowledge.

Knies has stated he likes Matthews, and Auston is with us. He and Dubas have a conversation and have respected him and his wishes to return and the developmental team plays/played a part. The team is likely not to return after all the other respect players who are eligible to sign ELC will likely not return as money is to be made onto their next step into the future. Look at their captain just signing with the wild...

daveleaf

Mar 23, 2010
Canada
you have the right to your belief but that is a very uninformed belief and thought of not signing him unless you have some insider knowledge.

Knies has stated he likes Matthews, and Auston is with us. He and Dubas have a conversation and have respected him and his wishes to return and the developmental team plays/played a part. The team is likely not to return after all the other respect players who are eligible to sign ELC will likely not return as money is to be made onto their next step into the future. Look at their captain just signing with the wild...
A belief is a belief. Now I have to justify that belief to you and many? I certainly don't. I'm quite old enough to have formed my own beliefs at this age and I don't need public approval. My belief. If he doesn't sign and get into a lineup I don't believe he will ever wear a Leaf jersey. My belief. I hope I'm wrong but we shall see.

IPS

Sep 28, 2017
Maybe you need to step away from the ledge. Faber signs, if you're a collegiate and your season is done you want to make the next step as soon as possible. As I said, my personal opinion. You disagree that is fine, your response? Completely over the top, on a Sunday morning during Easter weekend, makes it even crazier.
I'm not on the ledge buddy. I'm just legitimately curious what information you have access to that leads you and several others to think a kid would pass up on a career with a franchise that has more earning potential than any other franchise in the league.

You have nothing, it's all pure speculation.

TMLAM34

Oct 15, 2020
I wonder if we have to wait until 2pm or a certain time for roster/cap purposes in order to sign him and fit him under the salary cap.

Leaf Rocket

Leaf Fan Till I Die
Dec 10, 2007
Toronto/Fredericton
A belief is a belief. Now I have to justify that belief to you and many? I certainly don't. I'm quite old enough to have formed my own beliefs at this age and I don't need public approval. My belief. If he doesn't sign and get into a lineup I don't believe he will ever wear a Leaf jersey. My belief. I hope I'm wrong but we shall see.
I didn't ask for you to justify it, I am stating it seems like an uninformed belief unless you are quoting or know of some insider intel, which has been possible in the past ala Brett Lebda Signing, insider intel/relationship on injuries, etc etc. If you do have it please do tell us.

Don't know much about the age talk as it wasn't something I talked about, there are 60 years old who act like teenagers in terms of maturity and teenagers wiser than their age so... I dunno what to say to that tbh.

I do agree though, I hope you are wrong because he's going to be an excellent addition to the leafs.

Reactions: Menzinger

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
There are going to be some terrible takes for the next little while lol.

Give the guy a day or two to breath before we start speculating about doom and gloom.

The top College players like Knies have advisors (essentially agents) specifically to help them navigate professional decision making specifically to prevent emotions and youth from getting the best of them during decisions like these. He'll sign

Reactions: Leaf Rocket

Legion34

Jan 24, 2006
heard from Friedman I believe that he would get signing bonus but we couldn’t afford performance bonuses? Not sure how this impedes on Knies signing. He looks ready to make the jump from the hand full of games/highlights I’ve seen.

Also, Koster looks really good.

I don’t think second round picks get full SB? I’m not sure though

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
There are going to be some terrible takes for the next little while lol.

Give the guy a day or two to breath before we start speculating about doom and gloom.

The top College players like Knies have advisors (essentially agents) specifically to help them navigate professional decision making specifically to prevent emotions and youth from getting the best of them during decisions like these. He'll sign

I think for me it's more of...if he's not willing to sign at some point between today and the off-season, I probably move on and trade his rights in the off-season.

I understood the decision last year, he felt he wasn't ready and wanted another crack at the title. Now though? He's ready to go pro.

I'm not full panic like some seem to be but it's just how I would operate, join us in the coming days or move on.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad