2021-22 Utica Comets and ECHL thread - part V

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bad Goalie

Jan 2, 2014
The season's historic start ends in disaster.

Comets are the only Division leader in the AHL not to advance past the play-in winner.

Guttersniped

I like goalies who stop the puck
Sponsor
Dec 20, 2018

Well I’m glad I couldn’t make this game tonight. Everything sucks tho.

Tao Jersey Jones

Sep 28, 2003
Plainfield, NJ
"We like our group" - Dan MacKinnon at the trade deadline.

Utica could have used some more faceoff wins tonight. Gauthier and Schnarr were the draw leaders this season.

I'm disappointed in Fitzgerald or maybe ownership?

This team exceeded expectations and instead of helping one of the bright spots of the organization and giving it some help they actually depleted it and never compensated for injury/suspension to vet players.

Utica peaked at Game 12 of the regular season. Shaya said it was the most exciting of the season because it broke the record. The 13th win comparatively was a let down.

Rochseter broke the season opening winning streak. Utica could have eliminated the Americans in their penultimate and Rochester's final game of the season and Daws and Schmid both gave up four goals each that game with Bahl, Okhotiuk, Walsh, Zetterlund, Foote, and Holtz in Raleigh.

Holly Taylor, The Americans

Reactions: Guttersniped

Tao Jersey Jones

Sep 28, 2003
Plainfield, NJ
NHL UFA

Gauthier - injured for playoffs
Flynn - 'A'
DeLeo
Greer

White

NHL RFA

Thompson
Zetterlund - waivers eligible next season

AHL UFA

Schmelzer - Captain
Laberge - played all five playoff games
Irvine - healthy scratch for playoffs
Grasso - healthy scratch for playoffs
McGrath - healthy scratch for playoffs

Wotherspoon
Masonius - loaned to Fort Wayne for ECHL playoffs, not on AHL playoffs roster

Mitens

Reactions: Guttersniped

Tao Jersey Jones

Sep 28, 2003
Plainfield, NJ
Seth Appert is in his second season as an AHL head coach. Last season Rochester played 29 games in the abbreviated season.

Kevin Dineen just finished his ninth season (including the last abbreviated season) as an AHL HC.

Jack Be Quick

Hasek Is Right
Mar 17, 2011
Brooklyn
Yeah, that was rough. I'm especially sorry for you hardcore Utica fans.

Though I'm grateful that this team and their fans were able to get me into AHL hockey for the first time. Also glad I got to watch several kids who will be up next year or the year after as well as a few guys who might not ever make the big club full time but played their asses off (I’m looking at you A. J.).

Wish they were moving on but I definitely look forward to making it up for a few games next year.

Thanks for the pbp @Tao Jersey Jones & @Bad Goalie

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Pink slip Dineen
I would pink slip him just out of irrational fear that he becomes the Devils head coach or a candidate to be the Devils head coach when Ruff gets the inevitable axe.

Now, I did say I wouldn't hate it if they felt he was qualified to be one of the assistant coaches here, but I would also be living in a state of constant fear that he would be breathing down Ruff's neck for the takeover when Ruff goes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad