2021/22 Utica Comets and ECHL Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guttersniped

I like goalies who stop the puck
Sponsor
Dec 20, 2018
Or $1.25 million CANADIAN. Not bad for a CANADIAN kid who turned 25 less than 3 months ago
All NHL players are paid in US dollars, no matter what country they’re from and even Canadian teams pay their players in US dollars. Seney may have exchange that money to Canadian dollars, and Bratt may exchanged his money to Swedish Krona and etc, but they are all originally paid in US currency.

That probably happens for several reasons, including uniformity and because everything in the CBA is set to US dollars and the exchange rate fluctuates too much.

Bad Goalie

Jan 2, 2014
The Players in Utica signed to be the "veteran" mentors were paid good dollars and most were on 2-ways with the AHL end several 100K. Some were on 1-ways, but were Vancouver contracts that had not made the Canucks, but apparently paid their dues and were looked at as Vancouver call-ups. I'm not going to go back through the years and hunt them up. They also had a few very good players on AHL contracts over the years like Carter Camper as one example last season (2019-20) who was making a good dollar.

An aberration would be Sven Baertschi on a Vancouver 1-way that they didn't want, couldn't trade, cleared waivers in both 2019-20 and 2020-21 both seasons, and the owner didn't allow to be bought out according to CapFriendly making $3.7 mil in '19-20 and $2.4 mil this season both in the AHL. Nice gig if you can get it.

Guttersniped

I like goalies who stop the puck
Sponsor
Dec 20, 2018
The Players in Utica signed to be the "veteran" mentors were paid good dollars and most were on 2-ways with the AHL end several 100K. Some were on 1-ways, but were Vancouver contracts that had not made the Canucks, but apparently paid their dues and were looked at as Vancouver call-ups. I'm not going to go back through the years and hunt them up. They also had a few very good players on AHL contracts over the years like Carter Camper as one example last season (2019-20) who was making a good dollar.

An aberration would be Sven Baertschi on a Vancouver 1-way that they didn't want, couldn't trade, cleared waivers in both 2019-20 and 2020-21 both seasons, and the owner didn't allow to be bought out according to CapFriendly making $3.7 mil in '19-20 and $2.4 mil this season both in the AHL. Nice gig if you can get it.
The Utica Comets had former Devils pick/legend Reid Boucher for several seasons after claiming him off waivers in 2017.

Quest for Stanley

Dec 12, 2017
The guy (or girl) is a one trick poster who likes to rant about Dennehy.

Probably someone from BU still bitter about when the Eagles with Mark, Bill Guerin and David Emma were beating them.
Probably someone who’s watched him coach. His professional playing career was even less stellar than his coaching career. If Utica’s looking to build a losing culture, Dennehy is the man

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
Yeah. At this point its pretty obvious. Ill just come right out and say it. Quest For Stanley is Seney. Its pretty guache to hide behind a username and put down coaches and teammates.

Shhh....we don't have any idea who QFS may or may not be. All we know is that he has amazing interest and insights into a particular player and a particular coach of a minor league hockey team. The concept that this would probably be considered unusual if not weird or obsessive to most neutral observers is just coincidence.

Reactions: nugg and Darkauron

Billdo

Oct 28, 2008
Ocean County
I don't get it. If Seney played with Jack he'd have 35-40 goals and Jack would reach his ceiling. We need to get them together otherwise this organization is doing a huge disservice to them both, especially not allowing Seney to reach his potential.

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
I don't get it. If Seney played with Jack he'd have 35-40 goals and Jack would reach his ceiling. We need to get them together otherwise this organization is doing a huge disservice to them both, especially not allowing Seney to reach his potential.

Only 40 goals? Why so pessimistic?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad