82 Okhotiuk, Nikita D
88 Bahl, Kevin D
90 Boqvist, Jesper C
92 Clarke, Graeme RW
93 Schmid, Akira G

NJ07102

Apr 15, 2012
Germany
Thompson was again really good. Played c and should be the first man up imo. Definitely an option to move into Hughes spot on the 2nd line until Jack comes back.
Schmid had a great game, very calm and steady. And he can handle the puck much better than most goalies.
Loved he game Reilly Walsh had... if you don't count his two horrific turnovers. That could've been two GA right there. Other than that, he was fabulous.

Reactions: Mgd31

Mgd31

Aug 7, 2007
Levittown, NY
Is there an option to record games on AHL TV? I’d like to record the Utica game while the Devils game is going on tonight.

HenriquesJawLine

Mar 6, 2009
Utica seems like a great hockey market and the fans have had a pretty good show with all the young talent on the team, good start to the partnership

Guadana

Mar 7, 2012
St Petersburg
Thompson was again really good. Played c and should be the first man up imo. Definitely an option to move into Hughes spot on the 2nd line until Jack comes back.
Schmid had a great game, very calm and steady. And he can handle the puck much better than most goalies.
Loved he game Reilly Walsh had... if you don't count his two horrific turnovers. That could've been two GA right there. Other than that, he was fabulous.
Walsh is really bad in defensive zone, and he is turnover producer every game.

I think Thompson was good too, I like Boqvist game, but he lose his chances time after time.

I would say some starnge thing, I did think they can try Foote in center. I think he is too slow for a winger, but he play very smart game, makes good passes, cover zones and read game well I think. I dont tell center is his place but I would try.

Mgd31

Aug 7, 2007
Levittown, NY
Walsh is really bad in defensive zone, and he is turnover producer every game.

I think Thompson was good too, I like Boqvist game, but he lose his chances time after time.

I would say some starnge thing, I did think they can try Foote in center. I think he is too slow for a winger, but he play very smart game, makes good passes, cover zones and read game well I think. I dont tell center is his place but I would try.

Boqvist can enter the zone at will, but he needs to make better decisions after that.

Reactions: NJ07102 and Guadana

NJ07102

Apr 15, 2012
Germany
Hey @StevenToddIves how great would it be if Talvitie could get his skating back and regain the form that made him the WJC captain? If he can achieve his potential he’d be a very solid NHL player. Really rooting for him. A lot of folks probably forget how good he looked up to that knee injury.

That is so true. I didn't see his games last year, but in the two games so far this season he was notable on multiple occasions. Wouldn't say he stood out, but he did some really good things. Built like Zetterlund...

Reactions: My3Sons

Tao Jersey Jones

Sep 28, 2003
Plainfield, NJ
It's nice having the ECHL team only 2 hours away. No since in having him sit in the press box when he can be playing in Glens Falls.
Closer than Binghamton was, but farther than Albany.

Yeah Vuks needs to be playing as he is still developing. This isn't like Colby Sissons and David Quenneville being sent down in their third pro year.

Tao Jersey Jones

Sep 28, 2003
Plainfield, NJ
I’m good with that, was not a huge fan of him last night

Groleau had some good moments shutting down opponents with his frame but his missed pass to Okhotiuk behind the net led to the goal against.

Maybe someone else is banged up. Okhotiuk could sit as well, but I think they probably don't want to hurt his confidence. Bahl had the collision of the game, but Ok had a bigger hit after they chose Bahl. White is LD but played some RD at the end of the season, so it will be interesting to see where White slots in.

Also maybe Schnarr and/or Stevens get some fresh legs in to play the second half of the B2B. Schmelzer ate the boards and finished the game with gauze in his nose. I think Shaya said McGrath is injured.

Reactions: My3Sons and Mgd31
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad