2021/22 Utica Comets and ECHL Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bad Goalie

Jan 2, 2014
Schmid a save, cleared by the D-man. Shot directly off the Ref. OUCH!

Foote missed the net from hand shaking distance at the bottom of the left circle.

Gambardella a shot from the bottom of the left circle on the fly. Stopped and held.

Shot off the draw. Puck was put home by Gamby, but a quick whistle erases it. He did not have the puck.

Bad Goalie

Jan 2, 2014
Breakaway by Boqvist with 30 to go and the shot goes wide. SHIT!

Schmid makes a stop and holds with 6 to go.

Off to OT.

Bad Goalie

Jan 2, 2014
Tom Sestito says when OT was called he put his mouthpiece in his glove and started untying his skates. LOL

Walsh, Holtz, and Schmelzer. Prov wins the draw. Foote and Walsh were in 2 on 1 and missed the net.

Boqvist and Zetterlund out with Russo

De Leo stopped in front.

Bruins too many men but not called. Bruins jockeying around the zone and lose it but force a shot into the netting

Walsh blows a tire and a 3 on 1 for Prov ends up going wide.

Mr. all alone Holtz tries to razzle dazzle and gets nothing and forces a pass out that ends up going the other way.

Talvitie a carries it back with Walsh on a 2 0n 1 and shoots from the dot------- and scores!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

COMETS WIN!!!!!!!!!!! COMETS WIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
Tom Sestito says when OT was called he put his mouthpiece in his glove and started untying his skates. LOL

Walsh, Holtz, and Schmelzer. Prov wins the draw. Foote and Walsh were in 2 on 1 and missed the net.

Boqvist and Zetteelund out with Russo

DFe Leo stopped in front.

Bruins too many men but not called. Bruins jockeying around the zone and lose it but forc

Walsh blows a tire and a3on1 ends up going wide.

Mr all alone Holtz tries to razzle dazzle and gets nothing and forces a pass out.

Talvitie a carries it in 2 0n 1 and shoots from the dot and scores!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

COMETS WIN!!!!!!!!!!! COMEtS WIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Start Schmid. Schmid gets all the credit.

Bad Goalie

Jan 2, 2014
Utcica 2 Providence 1 in OT

SOG:
Bruins - 3 12 10 1 = 26
Comets - 11 10 7 3 = 31

PP:
Bruins - 0/3
Comets - 0/1

Flynn (2) from Bahl (1)
Talvitie (2) from Walsh (4)

Schmid 25/26

3 Stars:
#1 Aarne Talvitie (Utica Comets) 1G/GWG
#2 Akira Schmid (Utica Comets) 25/26
#3 Kyle Keyser (Providence Bruins) 29/31

I realize the GWG scorer usually gets the 1st star, BUT Akira Schmid was the man tonight. He saved their bacon time after time. If Daws comes back, as has been hinted at, this kid may give him a run for his money. Or Dineen has to consider giving those 2 rookies a 1a/1b run until one of them pulls way ahead. In 2 games, (EXTREMELY small sample) the keepers were stalwarts. Schmid for the whole game and Daws after he surrendered his 2 in a shaky first period.

Off to Syracuse tomorrow to face the Crunch. Boys better buckle up their chin straps. The Crunch do just that and their skill level is usually strong as well.

Good Night until tomorrow!

Last edited:

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor

SOG:
Bruins - 3 12 10 1 = 26
Comets - 11 10 7 3 = 31

PP:
Bruins - 0/3
Comets - 0/1

Flynn (2) from Bahl (1)

Schmid 25/26

3 Stars:

I realize the GWG scorer usually gets the 1st star, BUT Akira Schmid was the man tonight. He saved their bacon time after time. If Daws comes back, as has been hinted at. this kid may give him a run for his money. Or Dineen has to consider giving those 2 rookies 1a/1b run until one of them pulls way ahead. In 2 games, (EXTREMELY small sample) the keepers were stalwarts. Schmid for the whole game and Daws after he surrendered his 2 in a shaky first period.

Off to Syracuse tomorrow to face the Crunch. Boys better buckle up their chin straps. The Crunch do just that and their skill level is usually strong as well.

Schnid was a very good goalie when healthy after being drafted. He had a significant hip injury at one point that really set him back. After he was drafted one of the goalie scouts said some really nice things about how much they saw in him. He might be just as much of a prospect as Daws.

Tao Jersey Jones

Sep 28, 2003
Plainfield, NJ
So how was Holtz? I saw he had 6 shots
Holtz took some outside shots with no one in front of the goalie. He had a few that Keyser made good saves on, but he didn't necessarily get robbed. He had some good play with the puck that went nowhere and he had a few giveaways. As Bad Goalie mentioned, he doesn't like to pass.

Reactions: Mgd31

Tao Jersey Jones

Sep 28, 2003
Plainfield, NJ

SOG:
Bruins - 3 12 10 1 = 26
Comets - 11 10 7 3 = 31

PP:
Bruins - 0/3
Comets - 0/1

Flynn (2) from Bahl (1)

Schmid 25/26

3 Stars:

I realize the GWG scorer usually gets the 1st star, BUT Akira Schmid was the man tonight. He saved their bacon time after time. If Daws comes back, as has been hinted at. this kid may give him a run for his money. Or Dineen has to consider giving those 2 rookies 1a/1b run until one of them pulls way ahead. In 2 games, (EXTREMELY small sample) the keepers were stalwarts. Schmid for the whole game and Daws after he surrendered his 2 in a shaky first period.

No PK units?

Mgd31

Aug 7, 2007
Levittown, NY
Walsh had a solid game and added another point. 4 in 2 games.

Holtz a little quieter tonight, only 6 shots on goal. Has 14 through 2 games ha. He probably should have had at least a point. His shot off the faceoff in the late 3rd was bobbled and put in but the play was blown prematurely dead. I do agree with others though, he needs to look for the pass more and isn’t the greatest forechecker and has to improve his play on the boards.

Thompson was the best forward on the ice. He will get NHL games this year.

The Boqvist, Foote and Clarke trio left me wanting more.

Reactions: My3Sons

UticaHockey

Feb 27, 2013
Utica, NY
He had a few dynamic shifts in OT where he could use his skill with all of the open ice. During regulation the baby Bruins checked him pretty tight and he wasn't as effective as the first game. He needs some improvement in the defensive zone where he turned the puck over several times on the half wall on breakouts resulting in extended periods of time that the Bruins kept the puck in the Comets end.

Tao Jersey Jones

Sep 28, 2003
Plainfield, NJ
Tom Sestito did color tonight. He was droll if not subdued almost low energy. Didn't realize until near the end of the game it was his first night. I hope he comes back.

Bad Goalie

Jan 2, 2014

Simply put he's trying too hard to impress and as result not playing as well as a he can. Doesn't pass the puck, forces himself into traffic and turns it over. Weak forechecker and his back check isn't noticeable. Nowhere near as good as he was against Rochester. Rochester isn't very good defensively and he was allowed to get behind them. Providence was much better and they were not letting him go where he wanted to.

Reactions: My3Sons

Tao Jersey Jones

Sep 28, 2003
Plainfield, NJ
First PK in the third period:

DeLeo Talvitie Okhotiuk Groleau

Thompson Foote Bahl Russo

Talvitie Boqvist

5 on 3 after Bahl cross check

Thompson Wotherspoon Okhotiuk

Schmelzer joins from the box.

Gambardella Schmelzer Russo Groleau on following draw

Zetterlund DeLeo

Will look for the first PK in first period next.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad