Speculation: 2021-22 Trade Thread VI : Who's your Dadonov?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ohcomeonref

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 18, 2014
Alberta, Canada
Highlights? I'm unable to view the article.
You've probably heard most of what the article has reported as far as rumors where guys may be signing, but what I haven't personally seen is projected salaries:
- Forsberg @ 9.458 million
- Gaudreau @ 10.87 million
- Giroux @ 7 million
- Burakovsky @ 6.9 million
- Mikheyev @ 5 million
- Nuchushkin @ 6.357 million
- Kadri @ 8.4 million

Depending on term I could be interested in Giroux for a couple years to infuse some immediate offense into the roster, but I'd wager he wants to win a cup.

It also mentions Manson is going to probably get a "ridiculous contract offer", if that's the case I guess we can rule him out. Also interesting to note they have Rakell under a "rickety investments" headline along with Domi (who I would want PV to take a run at).

Duck Off

HF needs an App
Oct 25, 2002
Oklahoma
You've probably heard most of what the article has reported as far as rumors where guys may be signing, but what I haven't personally seen is projected salaries:
- Giroux @ 7 million
- Mikheyev @ 5 million
- Kadri @ 8.4 million

Depending on term I could be interested in Giroux for a couple years to infuse some immediate offense into the roster, but I'd wager he wants to win a cup.

It also mentions Manson is going to probably get a "ridiculous contract offer", if that's the case I guess we can rule him out. Also interesting to note they have Rakell under a "rickety investments" headline along with Domi (who I would want PV to take a run at).

I'd wager none of those players hit those numbers with the exception being the first 2.

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017

- Giroux @ 7 million
- Mikheyev @ 5 million
- Kadri @ 8.4 million

The first 2 contracts will be a mistake depending on length.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
The first 2 contracts will be a mistake depending on length.
Really?

JG i imagine will sign cheaper than that... but hes prob worth it at least in regular season.

Forseberg contract would scare me for sure tho.
Giroux depending on years would be bad.

The rest seem about 1-2 million high imo

bsu

Sep 27, 2017
I would personally never give Gaudreau more than 8 million. I can't pay a player that was benched vs the Ducks in playoffs because he was getting bullied. He doesn't make a big enough impact and absolutely is abysmal defensively.

Last edited:
Reactions: themilosh

bsu

Sep 27, 2017
JFresh (anayltics dude) posted a Anaheim and Toronto trade post; the post with the most likes (probably Toronto fans) was ANA: D Justin Holl G Petr Mrazek 2023 1st Round Pick TO TOR: G John Gibson (50% Retained) Sam Steel.... Looks like the Twitter folks have the same trade value scale as some of our Toronto HFboard members.

John Gibson with 50% retention and we take on Mrzarek.... :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
I assume there’s 0 chance we’re in on kuzmenko? I just saw he was meeting with Vancouver and oilers…. And 2 American teams but didn’t state which teams… seems like he could be a decent pick up without wasting assets.

JFresh (anayltics dude) posted a Anaheim and Toronto trade post; the post with the most likes (probably Toronto fans) was ANA: D Justin Holl G Petr Mrazek 2023 1st Round Pick TO TOR: G John Gibson (50% Retained) Sam Steel.... Looks like the Twitter folks have the same trade value scale as some of our Toronto HFboard members.

John Gibson with 50% retention and we take on Mrzarek.... :laugh::laugh::laugh:
It’s basically Gibson at 50% and steel for a late 1st and 2 cap dumps lol 😂

Jul 29, 2003
Saskatoon
Visit site
I assume there’s 0 chance we’re in on kuzmenko? I just saw he was meeting with Vancouver and oilers…. And 2 American teams but didn’t state which teams… seems like he could be a decent pick up without wasting assets.

Insider Trading mentioned Vegas so that leaves a mystery US team. Could actually be us, seems like he might prefer the teams closest to the coast and of the remaining only San Jose and us make much sense IMO.

Reactions: Zegs2sendhelp

bsu

Sep 27, 2017

We can't have nice things. I wish he would chose us though.

Jul 29, 2003
Saskatoon
Visit site
Kuzmenko was that Russian ufa right? I thought we were linked to him like a month or 2 ago?
Yeah, that was a report about teams who've shown interest. Now he's whittled it down to apparently 4 teams: Vancouver, Edmonton, Vegas and one more which isn't known but I'm guessing is a more Western team to complete the pattern.

Honestly I'm not sure I see a great fit and hope we'd be bigger game hunting too but hey maybe it would work.

Reactions: Kalv and DavidBL

bsu

Sep 27, 2017
I would pay to see Verbeek sales pitch to someone like Kuzmenko to pick Anaheim over any other team. I would assume Zegras is one of them... But that might be too early to entice. The biggest one would obviously be money and opportunity but do you want more opportunity or opportunity with a chance to win and play with better players. I would love to know how Verbeek handles business like that and negotiations as a first time GM it's going to be fun because we have no proof of what he likes and doesn't like other than his short interviews. I always think interviews like that are more PR and they say the obvious things. We'll see and learn soon enough.

Kuzmenko would become one of our most creative offensive forwards instantly.

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
There are four teams, two Canadien teams (Edm and Van) and two US teams, which I'm having trouble finding out who they are.

Kuzmenko can only sign a 1-year deal to make bank. The safer route would be to latch on a more talented team to balloon production. Or he can establish himself to be an actual driver like Kaprizov next to Zegras on Anaheim's top line. And if there is that instant chemistry, then the Ducks do have the cap space to secure his services for a long time. I'd sell the long game in his "prove it" one-year deal to already be on a team he has chemistry with his linemates already.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad