Speculation: 2021-22 Trade Thread VI : Who's your Dadonov?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DavidBL

Jul 25, 2012
Orange, CA
I don't think they do it but $2 million might mean a ton to them, its that tight.

They're also super vulnerable to an offer sheet right now. They can LTIR Weber to start the season to be compliant but they can only go over the cap by like $8.25 million in the summer and they're already $2.6 over now. Wouldn't be surprised if both Nics are dealt before free agency opens, if they don't make another cap clearing move, that is.
Yeah. I imagine they want to keep Roy. they do have 7 D already so they probably prefer to move McNabb before they move Hague So Smith, Roy and Hague vs Patches, McNabb and a low salary player? Yeah they might still move Patches

Jul 29, 2003
Saskatoon
Visit site
Yeah. I imagine they want to keep Roy. they do have 7 D already so they probably prefer to move McNabb before they move Hague So Smith, Roy and Hague vs Patches, McNabb and a low salary player? Yeah they might still move Patches
They just really shouldn't have traded for Eichel. Maybe it makes more sense now with a different system but adding a $10 million player really screwed with how efficiently they'd built a pretty good team.

Reactions: WhatTheDuck

DavidBL

Jul 25, 2012
Orange, CA
That's not a bad idea, I just wonder if anyone would willingly take on Karlsson with the way his numbers have been declining.
Doesn't get you a lot of cap space though to resign Smith, maybe net a mill or so. Given Patches injuries that may be the better move if you think Cassidy may get that second line running again.

DavidBL

Jul 25, 2012
Orange, CA

LuckyDucky

Mar 18, 2015
Yes shoveling snow at 5am everyday is great. Doing a basic errand is a pain in the ass in the snow.
Have you lived outside of SoCal? A ton of people love the seasons.

Also, the heat can be just as debilitating as the cold? I had to get out of Chandler (next to Tempe) after a year and a half because of the heat. I can only imagine what people from colder climates think of the heat down here.

ADHB

Sponsor
Apr 9, 2012
The more interesting ones as far as younger players include:

Beauvillier
Puljujarvi
Necas
Zadina

Lots of d men mentioned like:

Edmondson
Dumba
Bear
Dillon

And then cap dumps like:

Lucic
JVR
Hornqvist
Zucker

That’s only about half the players mentioned, but gives you an idea.

Reactions: bsu

tomd

Apr 23, 2003
Visit site
The more interesting ones as far as younger players include:

Beauvillier
Puljujarvi
Necas
Zadina

Lots of d men mentioned like:

Edmondson
Dumba
Bear
Dillon

And then cap dumps like:

Lucic
JVR
Hornqvist
Zucker

That’s only about half the players mentioned, but gives you an idea.
Thanks. Seems like the right focus in general. Hopefully the priority is on the cap dump category.

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
I wouldn't mind taking a chance on a couple of those players with the most obviously being Necas.

Beauvillier, Zadina, Dumba, Kubalik (would be cheap and easy) all interest me... the rest, f*** that... I rather just take cap dumps and get assets/sign FA to short expensive deal than make a real trade for most of those bums.

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
Puljujarvi would be a great winger for Zegras in terms of he’s really good defensively. You would definitely need a finisher on his other wing though because Puljujarvi is not that.

Reactions: Duck Off

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012

Also, the heat can be just as debilitating as the cold? I had to get out of Chandler (next to Tempe) after a year and a half because of the heat. I can only imagine what people from colder climates think of the heat down here.
Moved to New York a year ago and don’t miss SoCal(yet). Getting to see actual seasons was a really, really cool experience. I can understand for the first time in my life why people would want that.

I can also see the other side though. The winter was pretty long(a solid 5 months). I could see that getting very old the older you get

It’s personal preference obviously

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
I wouldn't mind taking a chance on a couple of those players with the most obviously being Necas.

Beauvillier, Zadina, Dumba, Kubalik (would be cheap and easy) all interest me... the rest, f*** that... I rather just take cap dumps and get assets/sign FA to short expensive deal than make a real trade for most of those bums.
Of that list
Beavillier would be a good add imo
Lucic would be solid if we got a pick to take him

On defensive side
RHD: Dumba and walker I wouldn’t mind at all, I’d also take a chance on Ethan bear if those 2 wernt available.

Henrique mctavish terry
comtois zegras beavillier
Jones Lundy silf
Lucic grant carrick

Extras: Steel/groulx

I’d be okay with that forward line up, perreault can get call up with injuries

Defense
Fowler bear
Edmonson drysdale
Vaaks shatt
Benoit as 7th

In a perfect world we trade shatt at 50% and fill that spot with something else

Reactions: robbieboy3686

Goose of Reason

El Zilcho
May 1, 2013

Yeah by mid summer I'm already sick of the heat in Nova Scotia, I personally could not live in California. Crisp fall days are what I live for, and watching the first big snow fall of the year is one of my favourite events of the year (I don't have to shovel at my apartment which helps). I would personally rather be in Montreal than SoCal. Montreal is an awesome city.

Reactions: ohcomeonref

bsu

Sep 27, 2017
Trade for Kakko, run McTavish-Zegras-Kakko :cool:

Comtois/Jones Henrique Terry
McTavish Zegras Kakko
Jones/Comtois Lundestrom Silf
put 3 of our long list of mediocrity players

Plus any other players we get. We'll get another high pick next season, don't f*** up draft picks this and next season.

Last edited:
Reactions: Zegs2sendhelp

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Trade for Kakko, run McTavish-Zegras-Kakko :cool:

Comtois/Jones Henrique Terry
McTavish Zegras Kakko
Jones/Comtois Lundestrom Silf
put 3 of our long list of mediocrity players

Plus any other players we get. We'll get another high pick next season, don't f*** up draft picks this and next season.

Awkward for me, but I am cool with it! May get some hate from my Rangers bros if Kakko is moved to Anaheim and breaks out. Lol.

bsu

Sep 27, 2017
Awkward for me, but I am cool with it! May get some hate from my Rangers bros if Kakko is moved to Anaheim and breaks out. Lol.
I actually think that would be a really good line and they are all super young. Imagine them playing and developing chemsitry these next couple years until we are ready to compete. McTavish the shooter, Zegras the playmaker and Kakko the utility player. Also gives Zegras some size to work with.

Reactions: Leonardo87

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I actually think that would be a really good line and they are all super young. Imagine them playing and developing chemsitry these next couple years until we are ready to compete. McTavish the shooter, Zegras the playmaker and Kakko the utility player. Also gives Zegras some size to work with.

Kakko doesn’t get the opportunities in NY. If he is getting Top 6 mins and PP time , could see him do well. Rangers bringing back Kravtsov is going to be interesting. I do think one of Kreider or Laf is going to have to learn to play RW, probably would be Laf who looked very good on the Rangers top line but Gallant did Gallant things.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad