Rumor: 2021-22 Trade Rumours and FA Part II: Should we trade Girard or not ? Part 45

Status
Not open for further replies.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
LOL. Too bad he didn’t perform that task competently. Like lift Toews’ stick at a minimum.

BTW, have you noticed how much Ryan Graves’ hockey IQ has dropped since moving to the Devils? Graves has played in 29 games this season. His +/- is ‘0’! LOL! Real shrewd assessment you made there JH21.
He doesn't realize it, but Ryan Graves sucks.

Reactions: Murzu

Muffin

Avalanche Flavoured
Aug 14, 2009
Edmonton
He doesn't realize it, but Ryan Graves sucks.
Graves sucks but Girard got really overrated around here. Glad the #1 narrative died around here, he has a really specific skill set which is skate the puck out of the zone. It’s a shame his offensive abilities never translated from Junior. When he first got here I really thought he could be scoring 60-70 points a year after watching these couple games in Sweden.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Graves sucks but Girard got really overrated around here. Glad the #1 narrative died around here, he has a really specific skill set which is skate the puck out of the zone. It’s a shame his offensive abilities never translated from Junior. When he first got here I really thought he could be scoring 60-70 points a year after watching these couple games in Sweden.
He's never been a #1, don't know why people thought that way. However, he also never had 60-70 point potential in the NHL. Two seasons ago, though he scored at a 40 point pace. Last season he scored at a 55 point pace, and this season he is pacing 50 points. Those are extremely difficult totals to hit as a defensemen, especially when you aren't the #1 primary offensive option on the team for PP.

JH21

Oct 20, 2019
LOL. Too bad he didn’t perform that task competently. Like lift Toews’ stick at a minimum.

BTW, have you noticed how much Ryan Graves’ hockey IQ has dropped since moving to the Devils? Graves has played in 29 games this season. His +/- is ‘0’! LOL! Real shrewd assessment you made there JH21.

One Dman had 3 goals, 13 assists and a 0 +/- in 27 games and averages 22:15 of ice time on a stacked offensive team and is a complete liability in the Dzone.

The other Dman has 3 goals, 8 assists and is a 0+/- in 29 games and averages 21:08 of ice time on a much weaker team and can actually defend in his own zone.

Say what you want but we would have been a much better team if we kept Graves at $3.166 million and traded Girard for a top 6 winger and his 5 mil salary and let Seattle take Donskoi.

Landeskog- Mackinnon- Rantanen
G trade- Kadri- Burakovsky
Nichushkin- Newhook- O'Connor
Jost- Compher- Aube Kubel

That is a very solid top 9 and makes our 4th line 10x better than what it is.

Toews - Makar
Byram - EJ
Graves - JJ / Murray

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
The problem with G is he's the 3rd best puck mover on the team. If he's traded to a team that doesn't have what we have in front of him he's going to thrive IMO.

For his role on the team, the Avs would probably benefit from a guy who's a bit better in front of the net and in the corners even though he isn't as mobile as G.

I don't think we keep him if Byram stays healthy.

Reactions: AvsGuy

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
One Dman had 3 goals, 13 assists and a 0 +/- in 27 games and averages 22:15 of ice time on a stacked offensive team and is a complete liability in the Dzone.

The other Dman has 3 goals, 8 assists and is a 0+/- in 29 games and averages 21:08 of ice time on a much weaker team and can actually defend in his own zone.

Say what you want but we would have been a much better team if we kept Graves at $3.166 million and traded Girard for a top 6 winger and his 5 mil salary and let Seattle take Donskoi.

Toews - Makar
Byram - EJ
Graves - JJ / Murray
Ryan Graves sucks.

flyfysher

Mar 21, 2012

Toews - Makar
Byram - EJ
Graves - JJ / Murray

Graves hockey IQ sucks.

Mighty Makar

I hate this fu*ken team
May 24, 2016

Toews - Makar
Byram - EJ
Graves - JJ / Murray
Graves sucks!

Reactions: sethro109

AvsGuy

Hired the wrong DJ again
Sep 13, 2002
Regina, SK
Graves is good at what he's good at. Overall he's quite solid at hockey, but his decision making lapses were not needed around here. I'm fine with seeing him do well on the Devils, just wish we were seeing Maltsev do anything at all here

Reactions: McMetal

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
Avs and Jets could be interesting trade partners tbh in the summer. Especially so if the Jets end up missing playoffs.

They have an elite group of forwards but they dont have a great defense especially when it comes to puck transition.

Postanin CB Ting

Apr 6, 2012
I want Ana to fall off a cliff and Getz to come on down Ole boy.
Then the Ari trade above..

Nuke - Getz - Crouse
Extra Beeefy. What up Vegas

JH21

Oct 20, 2019
The problem with G is he's the 3rd best puck mover on the team. If he's traded to a team that doesn't have what we have in front of him he's going to thrive IMO.

For his role on the team, the Avs would probably benefit from a guy who's a bit better in front of the net and in the corners even though he isn't as mobile as G.

I don't think we keep him if Byram stays healthy.

I agree. Nothing against G. He can be a solid Dman but on our team he is a bit redundant and I think of we can get a solid top 6 forward in a trade we should do it.

Plus our top 4 of the future, possibly as soon as next year probably looks like:

Toews - Makar
Byram - Barron

If Barron can slot in to the top 4 we won't be paying G 5 mil a year to be a bottom pair Dman.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
When fully healthy Girard is a bit redundant, with Toews, Makar and Byram being better puck movers but if you trade him and one of those goes down with an injury the defense suddenly is overpopulated with poor passers. I would keep Girard as an injury insurance this year and see what happens with Byram.

I don't mind an EJ-Girard pairing. EJ seem to defer to Girard when it comes to moving the puck out of the zone, so EJ is more rarely out of position or trying his long bullet passes to nowhere.

AvsFan29

Mar 15, 2018
When fully healthy Girard is a bit redundant, with Toews, Makar and Byram being better puck movers but if you trade him and one of those goes down with an injury the defense suddenly is overpopulated with poor passers.
EJ has yet to have his yearly 25+ game injury, plus JJ and Murray are injury prone. Trading one of our top 4 Dmen is extremely risky.

John Mandalorian

2022 Avs: The First Dance
Nov 29, 2018
I question what he’s actually good at, he doesn’t generate a ton of offence and struggles in his own end winning board battles and in front of the net. Do we seriously pay him 5M to skate pucks out of the zone?

Did you not watch the Avs from 2012 to 2017?

Reactions: Bowe Byrum
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad