Speculation: 2021-22 Sharks Roster Discussion part IX

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hodge

Apr 27, 2021
Lol keep dreaming. The NHL isn't coming back to the bay for a 3rd time if they fail again. The smart move would be to start looking for a team you actually respect instead of sticking with this sinking ship.

If they're willing to fight tooth and nail for the Phoenix TV market they're not gonna abandon the Bay Area market forever. Expansion has been too much of a cash cow recently for the NHL to stop doing on a regular basis and there are only so many suitable markets left.

Hodge

Apr 27, 2021
Atlanta's one of the largest metropolitan areas in America and there's no chance they're going to go back for a 3rd time.

If you're right that's all the more reason for the Sharks to do everything in their power to draft Connor Bedard.

WSS11

Oct 7, 2009
Atlanta's one of the largest metropolitan areas in America and there's no chance they're going to go back for a 3rd time.

Never say never. The Thrashers were doomed to fail due to their garbage ownership group. If Arthur Blank had owned them, they never would have left ATL. The United are doing very well because they’ve been a winning team. I think the Thrashers made the playoffs once?

Reactions: Sandisfan

sharski

Jun 4, 2012

Never say never. The Thrashers were doomed to fail due to their garbage ownership group. If Arthur Blank had owned them, they never would have left ATL. The United are doing very well because they’ve been a winning team. I think the Thrashers made the playoffs once?
plot twist: Sharks move to ATL and they conveniently win a cup their first year there

*sobs in Cleveland Brown*

PacificOceanPotion

Jun 19, 2009
I literally just moved from Modesto to Chatsworth GA. I was born and raised in San Jose and have been a die hard Sharks fan my whole life. If the Sharks went to Atlanta. Id probably cry. Not sure if they'd be tears of joy or sadness. Probably both. With that being said. I don't see that happening.

WSS11

Oct 7, 2009
I literally just moved from Modesto to Chatsworth GA. I was born and raised in San Jose and have been a die hard Sharks fan my whole life. If the Sharks went to Atlanta. Id probably cry. Not sure if they'd be tears of joy or sadness. Probably both. With that being said. I don't see that happening.

Id rather the sharks didn’t move as well but I do see ATL getting another shot some day in the distant future

one2gamble

Dec 24, 2007
I don't understand

Patty Ice

Straight to the Banc
Feb 27, 2002
Not California

I just moved to Chattanooga so I'm not hating that thought either :laugh:

matt trick

Jun 12, 2007

i feel this, I’m in the UK. 3 hours is the difference between watching the team and not, so I’m game.

plenty of flights to Atlanta as well, but ultimately I’ll be back so, maybe not the best mid-term planning.

Reactions: Patty Ice

PacificOceanPotion

Jun 19, 2009
Whaaat! That's crazy. Yeah, my wife got a job in Chattanooga before we left Modesto. If the Sharks, hypothetically, moved to Atlanta, I'd be completely invested in that group. Im always gonna love San Jose because that's where I was raised, but if the team chose Atlanta, that would be an easy switch for me.

Reactions: Patty Ice

TheBeard

He fixes the cable?
Jul 12, 2019
Vegass
There is absolutely no way the NHL would take a risk on moving a team to Atlanta again. It didn't work with the Flames and it didn't work with the Thrashers. They're already looking bad with the whole Coyotes fiasco.

hotcabbagesoup

why u guys want Celebrini, he played like a weenie
Feb 18, 2009
Reno, Nevada
I dunno guys. I think it will be the Atlanta Megalodon. It follows on the theme of legendary sea monsters like the Kraken and it pays homage to the team's roots in San Jose but it's just bigger and more exciting!

Reactions: sharski

SactoShark

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
May 1, 2009
Sacramento
I dunno guys. I think it will be the Atlanta Megalodon. It follows on the theme of legendary sea monsters like the Kraken and it pays homage to the team's roots in San Jose but it's just bigger and more exciting!

Atlanta Threshers?

Thresher-Shark-2-650x425.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad