GDT: 2021-22 season WESTERN CONFERENCE QUARTER FINALS Game 7 LA Kings vs Edmonton Oilers @7:00pm 5/14/22 Series tied 3-3

lexlavender

Jun 9, 2013
I'm sick of this pity party shit. Tmac and company pushed the best player in the world and friends to game 7 with basically an AHL D squad, no Arvidsson or Doughty. He made adjustments which paid off, took two home games and almost sealed the deal in 6. This roster was held together by paperclips, spit, and sweat for the last quarter of the season and they still put something together until the very end.

We knew we weren't gonna make a run this year. The kids know what it takes now. The real work begins.

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
The kids didn’t really do shit. I think you guys are missing the point with the whole injury excuse bullshit. Which kid did anything on offense ? Let’s stop pretending like injuries on forwards was a real problem. Arvidsson isn’t a prospect and he’s just pretty good.

If the Kings pretend like injuries and experience are going to make a difference then they have another thing coming when Byfield, Turcotte, and Vilardi don’t make a miraculous turn around.

The Kings need to fire the staff, and Todd.

Get Trotz, get a real PP coach and let them run it. And stop riding Kopitar. You have to give the younger players a longer look even though they might not deserve it. You don’t have a choice. The old guard is OLD.

Todd needs to go. This season was likely a fluke because I am sure the pacific will get better next year as well. And something about Kempes season seems anomalous.

Docgonzo

Triple Crown Line
Jan 9, 2010
Chino, Ca
Trotz is not the answer to help our youth. What young forward has Trotz ever developed? It’ll be good for the Dmen but not the forwards which is the problem now.

CowMix

Go Kings Go!
Feb 12, 2006
Jeez McDavid played 27 minutes?? And he was still the fastest, best player on the ice at the end of the game.
He's basically their entire offense, he's been responsible for like all their goals except the blow out games.

Docgonzo

Triple Crown Line
Jan 9, 2010
Chino, Ca
Jeez McDavid played 27 minutes?? And he was still the fastest, best player on the ice at the end of the game.
This is why I can’t be too upset about the outcome. We lost to the best player in the world playing some of his best hockey. He scored 14 points in 7 games and was being used on the PK and played 27mins tonight. He was the whole team, sometimes that just happens.

tny760

Mar 12, 2017
Kaliev, while playing reduced minutes on the 4th line had 15g, 13a. What were you expecting? He'll be on the top line next year.
will he though? don't get me wrong, i'd love for him to be "the" guy but does it happen with tmac behind the bench? what did he get, a couple shifts in iafallo's slot the other night and half the game tonight? maybe it could be called a trend but i don't trust tmac

his game is so much more wellrounded compared to early season, i f***in love the kid

Reactions: ibleedkings

Evilsports

Aug 18, 2015
Quick was stellar when his back was against the wall.

Danault is a hell of a player

The structure and discipline is what kept the Kings in this series and pushed the Oilers right to the brink. It's ok to credit McLellan for the vision and the players for the buy in, while simultaneously being disappointed in the outcome.

I wouldn't say that the Kings were outcoached necessarily. I feel as though if the coaching roles were reversed this series would have been over a lot sooner than game 7.

My hat's off to Kings fans for your composure and respect in light of the outcome. I know that some Oilers fans can be blindly insufferable at times, even to the rest of us.

The sun came up today.. I'm sure most of you have things besides hockey to appreciate in your lives.. As a fellow sufferer of playoff disappointments, at least the stress and energy invested in the team can subside a little bit for now..

KingsHockey24

Aug 1, 2013
I blame @Raccoon Jesus for golfing on game day.
Is that so?
flattened-run-over.gif

Shellz

May 6, 2009
California
Quick was stellar when his back was against the wall.

Danault is a hell of a player

The structure and discipline is what kept the Kings in this series and pushed the Oilers right to the brink. It's ok to credit McLellan for the vision and the players for the buy in, while simultaneously being disappointed in the outcome.

I wouldn't say that the Kings were outcoached necessarily. I feel as though if the coaching roles were reversed this series would have been over a lot sooner than game 7.

My hat's off to Kings fans for your composure and respect in light of the outcome. I know that some Oilers fans can be blindly insufferable at times, even to the rest of us.

The sun came up today.. I'm sure most of you have things besides hockey to appreciate in your lives.. As a fellow sufferer of playoff disappointments, at least the stress and energy invested in the team can subside a little bit for now..
Good luck rest of the way!

cyclones22

Apr 4, 2003
Eastvale
In the end this was just more of the same from the regular season. Good at even strength, still the combined worst special teams in the league, Danault is our best center, Kopi is fading, IA continued to be bad, Grundstrom underrated, AA shouldn't be offered an extension, Quick still has it but for how much longer, and the need to either develop their finishers by giving them the playing time and deployment or sign or trade for some.

Ultimately, the end result all things considered is satisfactory. But we will see next season if this season was a building block or if management and the coaching staff is still trying to build a winner around the original Cup winners. If that's what they're trying to do they're going to fail. I still believe in Doughty as a true 1D and defenseman typically have a longer shelf life. But the Kings should not be trying to build an offense around Kopitar. To acquire wingers to help him play better. He should be playing the role help develop the young forwards and have one plastered on his wing come hell or high water. Rather than replacing them with one of Kopi's security blankets the next shift. We all want this completed season to be 2010 not 2017.

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill
Trotz is not the answer to help our youth. What young forward has Trotz ever developed? It’ll be good for the Dmen but not the forwards which is the problem now.
Keep him and the other bums far away from here. He's been fired 3 times now for the same reasons, he stifles offense. He's an updated version of Terry Murray but with the same flaws.

Reactions: ru4reals

ru4reals

Jul 4, 2007
Keep him and the other bums far away from here. He's been fired 3 times now for the same reasons, he stifles offense. He's an updated version of Terry Murray but with the same flaws.
Where's the double triple like icon. Exactly my thoughts.

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill
I mean I figured they were going to lose anyway but I also expect my coach to show a pulse and find ways around the landmines the oilers were leaving on our breakout and ways to get the forecheck really going instead of just playing cowardly passive 1-3-1 so you don't get beat by area passes.

I mean I could go through and pick apart 5 things Woodruff did in the last two games that TM didn't even respond to, just watched our guys flailing helplessly.

It doesn't really matter becdause McDavid was doing McDavid things but I think both things are true, this was a coaching clinic run by the former student and plays right into TM's game day rep.

It really would've helped if we could've made simple passes on our breakouts, like in games 1, 3, and 5. Our passing sucked in the last two games, especially tonight. Without 2 straight passes connecting, everything stopped at the blueline, and they go the other way. This happened all night! Then when we do it cleanly, the last pass for a scoring chance is a bit off and it goes off of a skate or whatever. No wonder they couldn't generate offense !

A pp would've been nice too, at least to give us a chance. I've never seen a playoff game have only 1 pp, and the other team not get an even up chance. The were plenty to chose from in the 3rd.

WHOneedsSOX

Mar 1, 2015
It really would've helped if we could've made simple passes on our breakouts, like in games 1, 3, and 5. Our passing sucked in the last two games, especially tonight. Without 2 straight passes connecting, everything stopped at the blueline, and they go the other way. This happened all night! Then when we do it cleanly, the last pass for a scoring chance is a bit off and it goes off of a skate or whatever. No wonder they couldn't generate offense !

A pp would've been nice too, at least to give us a chance. I've never seen a playoff game have only 1 pp, and the other team not get an even up chance. The were plenty to chose from in the 3rd.
I don't think the Kings deserved a power play last night. You call something cheap on Edmonton then you have to call it on the Kings too. Plenty of borderline cheap calls they could've made on either team.

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill
I don't think the Kings deserved a power play last night. You call something cheap on Edmonton then you have to call it on the Kings too. Plenty of borderline cheap calls they could've made on either team.

Like i said, there were a few, just as obvious as the hooking call I think it was called on the Kings. Hell, the shift before Mcdavid scored, Kupari had his stick slashed out of his hands in the slot.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad