GDT: 2021-22 season WESTERN CONFERENCE QUARTER FINALS Game 7 LA Kings vs Edmonton Oilers @7:00pm 5/14/22 Series tied 3-3

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
Look at the Game 5 domination when excluding special teams and then look at the last two games. Edmonton played differently. Kings just ran their heads into a wall

I get it for the first game but Todd needed to be prepared. Nope. Same shit and Edmonton was even better on defense.

The only positive was that Quick is a f***ing stud alpha and it's too bad he has a Game 7 loss on his record.*

I said a couple weeks ago that you can compare this to the 2000 team. Well, nobody talks about that one and nobody will be talking about this one.
* McLellan coached team.

Reactions: DoktorJeep

kingskring

Dec 3, 2012

JMoCm71.jpg

Reactions: Telos

ujju2

Apr 9, 2016
Edmonton, AB
Hey guys, just wanted to say, awesome series. Your team really does have a bright future, but tonight, more important is a massive congratulations to Dustin Brown on a fantastic career. Hell of a player and person.

Also thanks for being classy fans through the entire series. For as much hatred as I've developed for the Kings in this series (as I think is natural in any hard-fought series), I've gained as much respect for Kings fans.

Telos

In Byfield We Must Trust
Aug 16, 2008
Reno, NV
He needs to look in the mirror about playoff experience. Hasn't done shit in the playoffs except get out-coached all series long.

I mean, it is the right attitude to have. The Kings took the Oilers to 7, and had the series lead twice with two chances to eliminate. If getting outcoached is sending McDavid out every chance you get well then he got outcoached, but honestly, the team was near its season end one way or the other. The second round was not going to be pretty.

Reactions: 2-4 Slashin

SaltyElkHunter

I …. am…. The LA Kings!
Apr 24, 2019
Utah
Interesting that when the Kings finally do move on from Kopitar we may have a shot at a legitimate top line. Kopitar has always played the best with odd players who are tweeters between lines 2 and 3. He’s a very difficult guy to pair! Not discounting how well it worked in 12-15 but it really is not common. He was basically Yzerman without Federov his entire career.

I don’t think Byfield is the guy hopefully we can find another dude in the black hole that drops.

SaltyElkHunter

I …. am…. The LA Kings!
Apr 24, 2019
Utah
I mean, it is the right attitude to have. The Kings took the Oilers to 7, and had the series lead twice with two chances to eliminate. If getting outcoached is sending McDavid out every chance you get well then he got outcoached, but honestly, the team was near its season end one way or the other. The second round was not going to be pretty.
The adjustment is you tell your 6’4 Slovenian center that he needs to change his role in this series and do something he hasn’t done and finish every single hit on McDavid and Draisitle you get. Your built like Tarzan and you play like Jane.

Todd looks like lieutenant Dan but coaches like Forrest!

Todds going to ruin any of our incoming prospects good or bad. LOL.
That’s what we need a good assistant coaching staff for

21Dog

Mar 29, 2007
Tulare, Ca
Condensed series, playing 20+ minutes much of the time at his age will add that wear and tear. He needs a reduced role to use him most effectively next year, Danault will need to continue to play like he did in the regular season and Kupari may be the first prospect to step up
He was also sorting out his feelings about playing his last game with Brown.

Reactions: Moses Doughty
Jun 30, 2006
Look at the Game 5 domination when excluding special teams and then look at the last two games. Edmonton played differently. Kings just ran their heads into a wall

I get it for the first game but Todd needed to be prepared. Nope. Same shit and Edmonton was even better on defense.

The only positive was that Quick is a f***ing stud alpha and it's too bad he has a Game 7 loss on his record.

I said a couple weeks ago that you can compare this to the 2000 team. Well, nobody talks about that one and nobody will be talking about this one.
Quick was the glue and leader, it’s unfortunate he had to play behind a d-corp of which half belong in the AHL.

Pretty amazing play for a 36 year old. He just needs to stay healthy but Kings can’t count on that or Cal going forward.

Need to find another Jack Campbell to work with or start developing one asap. I’m not sure how long Ranford wants to keep developing guys.

Reactions: Rumpelstiltskin

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.

I mean I figured they were going to lose anyway but I also expect my coach to show a pulse and find ways around the landmines the oilers were leaving on our breakout and ways to get the forecheck really going instead of just playing cowardly passive 1-3-1 so you don't get beat by area passes.

I mean I could go through and pick apart 5 things Woodruff did in the last two games that TM didn't even respond to, just watched our guys flailing helplessly.

It doesn't really matter becdause McDavid was doing McDavid things but I think both things are true, this was a coaching clinic run by the former student and plays right into TM's game day rep.

AbsentMojo

F-ing get up and hunt! Cmon Todd!
Apr 18, 2018
twitter.com
For some reason TB winning today made me more depressed than the Kings loss... Being a Cubs fan i have sympathy for the Leafs travails because it gives me anxiety when an any org has pathological futility.

FeartheFur

Jul 15, 2018
I liked TMac’s comments after the game. This team reminds me of the 2010 team

It sucks but they were better. We don’t have a McDavid. We might with Byfield….

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.

Even down to a coach 'TM' instilling principles and xs-and-os that will lead them to success but being unable to be the coach to actually do it :naughty:

AbsentMojo

F-ing get up and hunt! Cmon Todd!
Apr 18, 2018
twitter.com
Hurts to lose.

No more rebuild shit. Let’s makes so trades, let go of some players and get back to feeling good about this team.
I agree. I think the rebuild on the draft picks is over. time to cut losses there. The new core isnt what everyone thought it was going to be.. Its more like we will have the youngest and best D corps in a few years.. with a mercenary top 6 averaging about 5 years older

ru4reals

Jul 4, 2007

Kids a bust around these boards. Rooting for the kid to prove everyone wrong.

SettlementRichie10

May 6, 2012
They couldn't do shit offensively in 6 and 7.

Edmonton adjusted, Todd didn't. See you later.

He's not a bad coach. You can even call him a good coach. But he has routinely shit the bed when it matters and Blake is like "give him $5MM for five years"

Todd has had elite rosters and choked. Why the f*** is that going to change?

You ready for the nightmare scenario? Todd becomes to Blake what Sutter was to Dean. Byfield, Turcotte, and Vilardi all bust. Peterson never pans out. And Danault just had his career year.

Reactions: Rumpelstiltskin

SettlementRichie10

May 6, 2012

Byfield is a D+2 center who scored 5 goals this season and got benched two games into his first playoff series. Byfield doesn’t even deserve to be mentioned alongside Danault much less Mcdavid.

CowMix

Go Kings Go!
Feb 12, 2006
Quick was the glue and leader, it’s unfortunate he had to play behind a d-corp of which half belong in the AHL.

Pretty amazing play for a 36 year old. He just needs to stay healthy but Kings can’t count on that or Cal going forward.

Need to find another Jack Campbell to work with or start developing one asap. I’m not sure how long Ranford wants to keep developing guys.
One thing that was really nice this season was Quick splitting the season with Petersen so he's better rested for the playoffs. I think Quick is the type that also thrives on the competition. One of the biggest problems with Sutter is he rides his starting goalie too much in the regular season. Petersen had a bad year but we will see how he responds next year maybe losing the competition with Quick this year will light a fire in him for for next.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad