GDT: 2021-22 season WESTERN CONFERENCE QUARTER FINALS Game 6 LA Kings vs Edmonton Oilers 5/12/22 LA leads 3-2

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Welp, today's a good day no matter what. We got a Game 7 in teh first round and I think any of us would have taken that no matter how we got here. Just gonna try to enjoy the ride.

I've got a great day regardless, golfing this am, my daughter's soccer game this afternoon, kings hockey in the evening. Can't ask for more. See you guys tonight.

Axl Rhoadz

Binky distributor
Apr 5, 2011
Still waiting for Kaliyev to put one in the back of the net with his great shot. He had numerous chances in game 6 but mostly plowed the puck right in Mike Smith’s chest. No points and -2 isn’t gonna cut it.
If I've learned anything from this group over this past season, any lack of success from Kaliyev is due to the mishandling of his ice time and linemates. Blame it on TM.

Lt Dan

F*** your ice cream!
Sep 13, 2018
Bayou La Batre
youtu.be
Welp, today's a good day no matter what. We got a Game 7 in teh first round and I think any of us would have taken that no matter how we got here. Just gonna try to enjoy the ride.

I've got a great day regardless, golfing this am, my daughter's soccer game this afternoon, kings hockey in the evening. Can't ask for more. See you guys tonight.

Reactions: DoktorJeep

Chazz Reinhold

Sep 6, 2005
The Stanley Cup
If I've learned anything from this group over this past season, any lack of success from Kaliyev is due to the mishandling of his ice time and linemates. Blame it on TM.
You're obviously being facetious, but last game was a microcosm of that exact issue. Kaliyev was playing great with Kupari and Lemieux. Todd sees it and moves him to Kopi's line in place of Iafallo (Kopi's line had been getting thoroughly outplayed with Iafallo on it). Kempe-Kopitar-Kaliyev go out there and have several strong shifts together. What does Todd do? Put Iafallo back up on Kopi's line for the last 10 minutes or so of a tie game...

We all know how it turned out.

Screen Shot 2022-05-13 at 12.27.20 PM.png

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill
If he plays 😭. Kopitar and Brown's undefeated record are in jeopardy though. Doughty is safe for now.

Interestingly of the former Kings that played another game 7 after leaving the Kings I think Martinez and Carter (for now) are the only ones still undefeated.

Lets hope experience wins over lack of. All the pressures on them Oilers.

YAYSAY

Feb 18, 2016
You're obviously being facetious, but last game was a microcosm of that exact issue. Kaliyev was playing great with Kupari and Lemieux. Todd sees it and moves him to Kopi's line in place of Iafallo (Kopi's line had been getting thoroughly outplayed with Iafallo on it). Kempe-Kopitar-Kaliyev go out there and have several strong shifts together. What does Todd do? Put Iafallo back up on Kopi's line for the last 10 minutes or so of a tie game...

We all know how it turned out.

View attachment 546448
So annoying because I remember the shift before he got moved up with Kopi he had a super strong shift, had a great chance and got an end-zone faceoff simply because he took over, then after the TV timeout he was out there still with Kopi and had another strong shift. In Kempe's spittin chiclets podcast he said the main thing he credits for his breakout this season is getting consistent linemates and time in the top 6, imagine doing that for a rookie.

Schmooley

Apr 5, 2016
So annoying because I remember the shift before he got moved up with Kopi he had a super strong shift, had a great chance and got an end-zone faceoff simply because he took over, then after the TV timeout he was out there still with Kopi and had another strong shift. In Kempe's spittin chiclets podcast he said the main thing he credits for his breakout this season is getting consistent linemates and time in the top 6, imagine doing that for a rookie.
Kaliyev was playing well but I was thinking it was more Iafallo getting demoted due to that bad turnover that led to the 2nd goal. Tmac only promotes a guy from the bottom 6 if someone in the top 6 gets demoted from a bad play that leads to a defensive lapse.
Kempe also said the same thing I think to Carrlyn Bathe in an interview. She asked what hes doing differently cause hes finally breaking out and he said not much the main thing is playing with skilled players in a scoring role. Shooting and taking the puck to the net is the mindset.

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

SettlementRichie10

May 6, 2012
You’re right. The Kings f***ing blow, and the Oilers are gonna smoke them tomorrow so we can finally get on with the Battle of Alberta and away from this garbage series!

Lol, of course I’m kidding. I seriously do like the posters on this board and I do like the Kings. It’s not an act me being “nice” here… it’s just natural

If you do want to see a nasty side to me, come to the HF board when I’m talking to flames or Leafs fans….. or come see me after I eat spicy Mexican food. It’s not pretty

Anyway. Sorry if I offended you with the nice guy act.

You’re the one who got offended and quoted my post to begin with.

You don’t get to come to the Kings forum, among Kings fans, get butt hurt over posts, and then passive aggressively pretend to be the nice guy. That’s lame as hell.

Last edited:

tardigrade81

Jun 12, 2019
Saskatchewan
You’re the one who got offended and quoted my post to begin with.

You don’t get to come to the Kings forum, among Kings fans, get butt hurt over posts, and then passive aggressively pretend to be the nice guy. That’s lame as hell.
Lmao huh???? 😂 😂 😂 you’re acting like I went insane on you and lost my cool. I literally showed my wedding ring pic, and said you probably don’t if you don’t trust others have a wife. I then wished you good luck in game 7 😂. If that is being butt hurt to you…. Lol well then wow

Anyway…. Good luck tonight. Should be a great game.

SettlementRichie10

May 6, 2012
Lmao huh???? 😂 😂 😂 you’re acting like I went insane on you and lost my cool. I literally showed my wedding ring pic, and said you probably don’t if you don’t trust others have a wife. I then wished you good luck in game 7 😂. If that is being butt hurt to you…. Lol well then wow

Anyway…. Good luck tonight. Should be a great game.

I can see you’re struggling with this, champ. It’s okay.

I made a post about the Oilers being a dumpster fire organization and not winning a Cup anytime soon.

You got butt hurt and posted a bizarre response about whiskey and sleeping on the couch.

I made fun of you because this is the Kings forum and you should expect posts trashing the Oilers right now.

You got even more butt hurt and took time out of your day to post a picture of your white trash tattoo ring.

You started this. I’ve never seen you anywhere on HF until two days ago.

And guess what? The Oilers ARE a dumpster fire org. At least the Kings for all their woes put together an incredible three year run from 2012-2014. The Oilers can’t even put together a one year run with the best player in the world.

If you can’t handle posts like that, don’t come to opposing boards in the midst of a tight seven game series.

tardigrade81

Jun 12, 2019
Saskatchewan
I can see you’re struggling with this, champ. It’s okay.

I made a post about the Oilers being a dumpster fire organization and not winning a Cup anytime soon.

You got butt hurt and posted a bizarre response about whiskey and sleeping on the couch.

I made fun of you because this is the Kings forum and you should expect posts trashing the Oilers right now.

You got even more butt hurt and took time out of your day to post a picture of your white trash tattoo ring.

You started this. I’ve never seen you anywhere on HF until two days ago.

And guess what? The Oilers ARE a dumpster fire org. At least the Kings for all their woes put together an incredible three year run from 2012-2014. The Oilers can’t even put together a one year run with the best player in the world.

If you can’t handle posts like that, don’t come to opposing boards in the midst of a tight seven game series.
Lol damn man!!! You got some anger issues. Absolutely everyone on this board has been awesome. I didn’t get butt hurt what so ever to your response. I said I’ll drink whiskey, and my wife will make me sleep on the couch. Not sure how that is butt hurt???? I’ve complimented the kings many many times on here. Then I show proof of my “white trash tattoo 😂 “ and that means I’m butt hurt even more??? Lol….. I really don’t get it.

I’ll admit this comment just now that you said is a bit harsh and makes it seem like you are up tight and have some anger issues, but nothing you have said before this made me “butt hurt”

And you’re completely right, I don’t go to the mains all that often, but I am around there during playoffs. This isn’t my first year. Usually I engage more with Flames and Leafs fans.

And yes, if the Oilers lose this series, major change need to happen. They are a train wreck. You won’t hear many on the Oilers board argue that. They absolutely need to build their defense. Keith is washed up, Nurse is over paid and we need a goalie for the future. We have tons of areas to improve on. With saying that, I still think we have the talent to give the Flames or Dallas a decent series if we should so happen to make it through this series

But I have been wrong before.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad