GDT: 2021-22 season game 44 LA kings vs New York Islanders @4:00pm 1/27/22

Schmooley

Apr 5, 2016
No, it's the tired narrative of bashing Brown that is factually (or at least statistically) incorrect and then changing the goalposts.
What you mean incorrect and changing goalposts? The guy inner turbulence responded to someone saying dont sign brown beyond this season. I responded to him.
Theres nothing incorrect about saying brown is playing badly this year. Hes played himself out of the top six so the coach sees it also.

Inner Turbulence

Jun 12, 2009
Copenhagen, Denmark
What you mean incorrect and changing goalposts? The guy inner turbulence responded to someone saying dont sign brown beyond this season. I responded to him.
Theres nothing incorrect about saying brown is playing badly this year. Hes played himself out of the top six so the coach sees it also.

I responded to the part about "he is cooked". Assuming the context that he doesn't contribute and it would be better to replace him asap.

Pardon me if that was no the suggested context. Brown's time IS running out, but even in a reduced role with no PP time he does contribute. imo. Since the end of november he has 13 points in 20 games and being a + player in the reduced role. 12 of those points are ES. Since the Kings aren't exactly tearing it up scoring at 5v5 I'd say he still does contribute.

Schmooley

Apr 5, 2016
I responded to the part about "he is cooked". Assuming the context that he doesn't contribute and it would be better to replace him asap.

Pardon me if that was no the suggested context. Brown's time IS running out, but even in a reduced role with no PP time he does contribute. imo. Since the end of november he has 13 points in 20 games and being a + player in the reduced role. 12 of those points are ES. Since the Kings aren't exactly tearing it up scoring at 5v5 I'd say he still does contribute.
Yes I agree hes been much better in the bottom six. Though wouldnt mind seeing him with Lizotte and Lemieux because those guys can get pucks to the net where he scores most.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Part of the reason people complained about Brown was because of the PP and I don't think that can be ignored.

He's been much better in reduced minutes but he still has by far the worst turnover ratios on the team and anyone with eyes can see the turnovers and slow play, he's basically a give-and-go pylon at this stage that sometimes the puck just bounces off of.

That said results are results and he's getting them no matter how ugly, but it's because he's carried, not carrying. He can still make those great plays along the boards and in small spaces sometimes, but I don't see how anyone can or would argue against that he's fallen a long way, and so long as he's not really 'blocking' anyone I don't really care at this stage, I'm content to let him ride out into the sunset in this reduced role, he deserves it so long as he isn't a liability and he stays in the bottom six, but I really would prefer to see a kid get his PP time.

Hard to believe he's already 37, time flies.

AbsentMojo

F-ing get up and hunt! Cmon Todd!
Apr 18, 2018
twitter.com
All the Brown discussion is really more about TMac deployment. Brown gets crapped on because its frustrating to see a guy w low skill (passing, skating, deception) on PP1 when there are much better options even if you want a guy to stand in front of the net, fast reflexes like Byfields would be far superior to DB. Switch Brown w Kaliyev would be good for Kaliyev to get into some rush chances w Byfield and AA. If that happened i bet the board wouldnt say a thing about DB.

Schrute farms

LA Kings: new GM wanted -- inquire within
Jul 7, 2020
The problem with Brown this year has nothing to do with Dustin Brown......it's 100% Todd McLellan. This is not a Brown thing -- it's a TM thing.
In the right amount of minutes, linemates, situations, etc. -- Brown is relatively successful for a guy his age and brings positives to the team. But the way TM handles Brown and his situational usage.....OMG SMH.

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill
I used to always like John Buccigross. I don't recall if he did play-by-play for ESPN back when they had the NHL contract in the 90's and early 2000's but him and that girl that he does the broadcasts with are beyond boring.

Yeah it was a weird way to call the game last night. Not a lot of energy from those two. Bland is the word I'd use. You gotta to love Torts telling the Canadian media to kiss his ass between periods.:laugh:

Reactions: 21Dog

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
I still have no issue with Brown on the PP. It's the scheme everyone else has. The 2nd unit is good because they are not over thinking, Durzi is finding a lane and everyone is looking to score. The 1st unit just seems like they are trying to set up the perfect shot.

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill
Suck it Zegras, our boy just got his 18th!

Screen Shot 2022-01-28 at 2.30.34 AM.png

cyclones22

Apr 4, 2003
Eastvale
I still have no issue with Brown on the PP. It's the scheme everyone else has. The 2nd unit is good because they are not over thinking, Durzi is finding a lane and everyone is looking to score. The 1st unit just seems like they are trying to set up the perfect shot.

Brown has 1 power play point in 41 games. Last season he had 11 points in 49 games but after his incredibly hot start to the season, his power play effectiveness disappeared.

DrHansReinhardt

Nov 12, 2019
Drafting 14th
Yeah i've seen a few other games they've called too and had the same perspective. It sounds like a Saturday Night Live sketch with Ana Gasteyer and Will Farrell. Two people speaking very softly and casually while there is a game being played in the background.
I was laughing at Booch being dressed like Heff and she looked like she was wearing his pajama top.

Reactions: tny760 and lumbergh

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad