GDT: 2021-22 season game 44 LA kings vs New York Islanders @4:00pm 1/27/22

TruKingFan

Two-Time Cup Winner
Aug 16, 2004
Beachfront
And that Byfield wrister was a f***ing lazer, I'm sure you could argue Varly 'should' have had it but if you watch that in real time it's a Matthews wrist shot, that thing is f***ing wired and hit net before he even expected it

three cheers for Quittin' Bustfield

might be time for a new username

yup…that puck was past his glove before he tried to get it up…yikes. Good times.

Fishhead

Jul 15, 2003
PNW
I mean he’s only signed through the end of this season and a UFA so barring a major trade of our young forwards , may need to assume he’s not coming back.

I don't necessarily think he will get much better of a deal than what he has right now, but yeah I don't see the Kings spending on him. I don't dislike AA, we could do worse for sure.

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

Fishhead

Jul 15, 2003
PNW
Don’t know why, but Mikey gets walked more often than others.

He does get walked more often, but it's still pretty rare. The obvious reason is that he has the toughest assignments with Doughty, he's almost always out there against the best the other team has. I'd like to see him add a better stick to his game, learn how to disrupt with it and stand guys up when they try to dangle.

HookKing

Dec 12, 2008
He does get walked more often, but it's still pretty rare. The obvious reason is that he has the toughest assignments with Doughty, he's almost always out there against the best the other team has. I'd like to see him add a better stick to his game, learn how to disrupt with it and stand guys up when they try to dangle.
I didn't see tonight's game but weren't his previous betters: McDavid, Kaprizov and Panarin?

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
Random info - Byfield has double the points Lafreniére had in his first 10 NHL games. Lafreniére is 10 months older.

At the 10-game mark of their careers, Lafreniére played 2 hours, 24 minutes, 25 seconds. Byfield has played 2 hours, 17 minutes, 24 seconds.

Hopefully Byfield continues to grow. Big fan of his.

apocalypse

Dean Lombardi's Yes Man
Mar 20, 2017
Los Angeles
Can someone please explain why the Kings must "dump" AA? The guy who's younger than Iafallo, has blazing speed, great hands and is a +4. Just asking.
Yeah AA gets a bad rap around here. I think he's a tweener 2nd/3rd line winger, but he's fast, has some hands and has a scoring touch. I think the Kings hold onto him. The lines would be this next year. Turcotte isn't coming up anytime soon, guy needs to work on conditioning. Vilardi is a project player too, so:

Kempe - Byfield - AA/Kupari
Arvy - Kopi - Iafallo/Brown
Moore - Danault - Iafallo/AA/Kupari/Brown
Lemieux/Grundstrom - Lizotte - Kaliyev

Doughty - Anderson
Bjornfot - Roy
Durzi - Edler

Quick
Petersen

Assuming Brown will be gone or in a very reduced role by 22-23, that leaves Kupari and a host of other players for that 3rd line spot. I think Kupari could use some more time in the AHL so I'd like to see him in Ontario, and I hope mgmt sees it that way too. I like Kupari a lot. The only problem we have is a log jam at forward, especially middle 6 forward. I suspect Maatta won't be back. This lineup, ladies and gents, gets us deep into the playoffs.

Docgonzo

Triple Crown Line
Jan 9, 2010
Chino, Ca
I mean he’s only signed through the end of this season and a UFA so barring a major trade of our young forwards , may need to assume he’s not coming back.

Think it’s just $$$, he’ll want years and more $$. I don’t know if he’ll get that but Peterson goes up to 5 next season and Kempe will need a raise after this season. Plus Kings still to find someone to fill that LHD spot. Or maybe even a higher impact winger.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.

Kinda thought that at the end of last season too, though. That he was just a 'seat filler.' Org seems to like him enough, I mean he's never been waived or benched straight up that I can recall.

Yeah AA gets a bad rap around here. I think he's a tweener 2nd/3rd line winger, but he's fast, has some hands and has a scoring touch. I think the Kings hold onto him. The lines would be this next year. Turcotte isn't coming up anytime soon, guy needs to work on conditioning. Vilardi is a project player too, so:

I kind of agree, I like him enough, I think his rap is just 'good player on bad team,' he goes through streaks of looking unstoppable but then streaks of being not only ineffective but a total liability. But I love his speed and heart, he's scrappy, seems to like it and fit in here...and he has also previously been a 'selfish' Kovalchuk-like player: instant offense on any line but can't work with anyone. However I do think he has started to use his teammates much better...we could certainly do worse. But unless we lose some additional pieces he's just taking up space. It's a tougher call imo.

Edit: i mean shit, look at that big ass smile after Byfield's goal, that's genuine.

Dat head shimmy shake.

That's a pretty good veteran dman he cooked with that release too, Greene's aging but he's no slouch, excellent stick.

Last edited:

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Seriously feed this into my veins

upload_2022-1-28_0-35-28.png

That is a masterpiece, Todd.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad