GDT: 2021-22 season game 44 LA kings vs New York Islanders @4:00pm 1/27/22

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA
FKIZOWnWQAYAGq7

Los Angeles Kings (21-16-6, 48pts, 3rd in Pacific)@ New York Islanders(15-14-6, 36pts, 6th in Metro)
UBS Arena| New York, NY
TIME: 4:00pm PT | TV: ESPN+/HULU| RADIO: I Heart Radio App

SEASON STATS
W4Qazae.png

*Lines subject to change*
**The website I use to get these doesn't have all of our players yet**

:kings

w8GUruh.png

htgjeHB.png

bzNdauI.png

9aMQ8Xx.png

Scratched: Rasmus Kupari, Jacob Moverare, Austin Strand, Carl Grundstrom
Covid:
Injured: Sean Walker, Alex Edler, Lias Andersson

:isles
HPXsNgT.png

r3VEhn5.png

Injuries: Ryan Pulock, Kyle Palmieri
Covid:

Full credit to NHL HUT Builder and Database for EA Sports Hockey Ultimate Team for supplying the HUT Cards
Full Credit to NHL Starting Goalies, Lines, News, Fantasy Tools - Daily Faceoff for the opposing lines

R.I.P
Jfont (Jesus Fontamillas)
HF member 2002-2021​

Reactions: Dooney and ML19

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
The Islanders have turned it around recently.

7-2-1 in their last 10.

We'll probably lose.

Pucknut50

Jun 13, 2007
f***in of course they have :facepalm:

Strength of schedule man, Kings have had it in spades.
Yeah is does seem everybody we play comes in hot. I guess the good side is we have not been over matched. Though during the games the posts are we are worst team in the history of the NHL.

Axl Rhoadz

Binky distributor
Apr 5, 2011
every game we play it's like the opponent is the hottest team in the league at the moment or first place in their division.

The Lukeman

Opinionated
Apr 7, 2019
every game we play it's like the opponent is the hottest team in the league at the moment or first place in their division.
And every game we end up dominating 5v5 but we lose because Dustin Brown trips a guy in the offensive zone and Marco Strum demands that Olli Maata cover the corner boards when the puck is in the slot.

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009
I like Athanasiou next to Byfield more than Grundstrom I think, but I wish anyone besides Brown was on the right wing. I think Brown would look pretty good (as good as he can look, at least) on the "fourth" line next to Lemieux and Lizotte, which would free up Kaliyev to be used up the lineup.

My ideal lineup with tonight's forwards:

Iafallo - Kopitar - Kaliyev
Athanasiou - Byfield - Kempe (gotta go fast)
Moore - Danault - Arvidsson
Lemieux - Lizotte - Brown

YAYSAY

Feb 18, 2016
I like Athanasiou next to Byfield more than Grundstrom I think, but I wish anyone besides Brown was on the right wing. I think Brown would look pretty good (as good as he can look, at least) on the "fourth" line next to Lemieux and Lizotte, which would free up Kaliyev to be used up the lineup.

My ideal lineup with tonight's forwards:

Iafallo - Kopitar - Kaliyev
Athanasiou - Byfield - Kempe (gotta go fast)
Moore - Danault - Arvidsson
Lemieux - Lizotte - Brown
It's really annoying because I feel like Brown would actually do well with Lizotte and Lemieux and probably excel in his role better than Kaliyev. Especially since Kaliyev has proved he can win board battles now, put him with Kopi already. But I doubt it happens this season.

Axl Rhoadz

Binky distributor
Apr 5, 2011
It's really annoying because I feel like Brown would actually do well with Lizotte and Lemieux and probably excel in his role better than Kaliyev. Especially since Kaliyev has proved he can win board battles now, put him with Kopi already. But I doubt it happens this season.

The Kaliyev nutswingers on this board are hilarious...if Kaliyev would start burying the chances he gets, he might get bumped up at some point.

Reactions: TruKingFan

Axl Rhoadz

Binky distributor
Apr 5, 2011
He's a sniper, put him in a position to snipe and he's likely to do so

He's had plenty of opportunities to 'snipe' -- puck ain't going in. I have no doubt he'll figure it out because he's like 12-yrs old -- but playing with Kopitar isn't going to magically turn him into a rookie Teemu Selanne.

Reactions: TruKingFan

TruKingFan

Two-Time Cup Winner
Aug 16, 2004
Beachfront
He's had plenty of opportunities to 'snipe' -- puck ain't going in. I have no doubt he'll figure it out because he's like 12-yrs old -- but playing with Kopitar isn't going to magically turn him into a rookie Teemu Selanne.

STOP IT!! You’re destroying the narrative that the Kings are neutering these kids! :sarcasm:

AK could use some PP time though….

Reactions: Axl Rhoadz

Schmooley

Apr 5, 2016
The Kaliyev nutswingers on this board are hilarious...if Kaliyev would start burying the chances he gets, he might get bumped up at some point.
Whos more hilarious the Kaliyev nutswingers or the Brown nutswingers?

Little Psycho

I solemnly swear I'm up to no good
Feb 4, 2007
Non-Yah
I can't believe I'm going to sign up for Hulu again just to watch them lose. I have covid so idk how much I'm gonna pay attention.

Win for me whiskey please.

AbsentMojo

F-ing get up and hunt! Cmon Todd!
Apr 18, 2018
twitter.com
I think AA and Byfield might have some chem due to the speed match and AA liking to hang on to the puck to make plays on the rush (which he does to a fault, ie turns it over).. but with Byfield keeping up with him and visa versa some good things may happen.

Reactions: Dog as Man

AbsentMojo

F-ing get up and hunt! Cmon Todd!
Apr 18, 2018
twitter.com
Now instead of 3rd line being a grinder line w 2 wingers not known for speed or skill.. it will be a speed line with Dustin being at the defensive blue line while those two are skating into the offensive zone - which will be an interesting dynamic

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad