GDT: 2021-22 season game 43 LA Kings vs New York Rangers @4:00pm 1/24/22

Schmooley

Apr 5, 2016
Too bad we lost a point while we were leading in the 3rd period and SO but its still a point.

An away game against NY (4th in the league).

Dont understand the bickering.
I thought the team played well. They deserved the win. This one, along with 2-4 other games this season, can be put on the coach. Whenever he coaches not to lose they lose.

lexlavender

Jun 9, 2013
I honestly don't want to fire Tmac, I just want him to get his head out of his ass and actually fix the areas we are losing in.

Reactions: YP44

RaymondReddington

Sep 21, 2020
Part of it, but both broadcasts went out of the way to point out how this Kings team is more active, aggressive, than last years, and how TM is an incredible teaching coach.....

Now, I get it, you don't like him, because.....I don't know why, but when opposing teams are saying this....kinda makes you wonder, right?
Hey @GoldenBearHockey:
(1) Did you agree with how Brown was deployed last night, yes or no?
(2) Did you agree with how Byfield was deployed last night, yes or no?

GoldenBearHockey

Jan 6, 2014
Hey @GoldenBearHockey:
(1) Did you agree with how Brown was deployed last night, yes or no?
(2) Did you agree with how Byfield was deployed last night, yes or no?

If you are looking at last night, and just last night, it's a weird game to judge deployment, because essentially they had to run with 11 forwards etc,

Byfield had a poor game, he was lost out there, made a couple of bad decisions with the puck, but, he's also what, 20, in his 11th NHL game spanned over 2 seasons, it is what it is, I was fine with how he was deployed, I would have liked to see him on the PP2, and still would, instead of Moore, would like to see that trio of Byfield, Durzi, and Kaliyev how they work together.

Brown, was ok, nothing spectacular good or bad, he got his bell wrung on one of the penalties, but he does what he always does out there, makes some plays, gives some pucks up, etc, for the 3rd/4th line winger, he was fine.

kinghock

Feb 1, 2011
Mahwah,NJ
Quick had a strong game, reminding the Ranger faithful what an actual money goaltender looks like.

When a guy roofs a backhander like that on a penalty shot, he deserves the goal.

Durzi and Danault were not as good as usual and Maatta was as bad as usual

ibleedkings

Rob Fake
Jul 19, 2004
Santa Clarita
@All The Kings Men:

Please ask Todd the following and please let me know his responses:

(1) Who made the decision to put Brown out on PP1 after he was boarded?

(2) Why was he put out there when he was obviously gassed before and after the icing, then boarded?

(3) Why wasn't a very well rested Byfield used in that situation instead?

Thank you. I am curious.

None of the reporters would ever have the balls to ask those questions unfortunately.

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
Good close game. Got to take the good with the bad on Lemieux, but that was easily a game misconduct. Would not be surprised if he is suspended here too.
PK did not look as dismal. So that's a bonus.
Was telling that Kopitar was the forward in OT. Was hoping for Danault there.

Maynard

Veteran of Forum Wars
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2003
Orange County
None of the reporters would ever have the balls to ask those questions unfortunately.
Exactly. They are allowed to nibble around the edges but their access to the press room/interviews is entirely contingent on them asking softball questions that don’t offend anyone. That’s why it bothers me when these guys pretend that they are real journalists and reporters.

Reactions: ibleedkings

Dykstra

whiskey jpeg pgt
May 1, 2010
We have one of the worst PP and PK in the league and we don’t see any changes at all from game to game, what’s in their minds?

Reactions: Little Psycho

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
We have one of the worst PP and PK in the league and we don’t see any changes at all from game to game, what’s in their minds?

"Let's rinse and repeat and keep trying the same strategy over and over again."

Seeing them struggle to gain the offensive blueline and repeatedly fail to even get set up for a shot on goal with the man-advantage is excruciating to watch, and it's just as bad when they fail to cover cross seam passes when killing penalties.

Zero killer instinct.

lexlavender

Jun 9, 2013
Our PP is so bad that it's f***ing over our 5 v 5. All teams have to do to stop a dominant 5 v 5 shift is take a penalty, then they just have to defend a lazy, slow, powerplay where Kopitar, Doughty, and Kempe pass the puck between each other for 2 minutes. Our PP KILLS OUR MOMENTUM its so bad

Reactions: kingsfan28

All The Kings Men

Apr 7, 2016
@All The Kings Men:

Please ask Todd the following and please let me know his responses:

(1) Who made the decision to put Brown out on PP1 after he was boarded?

(2) Why was he put out there when he was obviously gassed before and after the icing, then boarded?

(3) Why wasn't a very well rested Byfield used in that situation instead?

Thank you. I am curious.

SO...

For better or for worse... I am not a "reporter".

As has been correctly observed here multiple times... most of the people that regularly show up to cover the team are either team employees, Bally's employees, team "partners" or people with close working relationships with team "partners".

So what's to be done about the myriad questions fans would love to know the answers to?

If you can phrase a question you want asked in a way that wouldn't be inappropriate or out of line for a team employee to ask... I will happily ask it.

GoldenBearHockey

Jan 6, 2014
SO...

For better or for worse... I am not a "reporter".

As has been correctly observed here multiple times... most of the people that regularly show up to cover the team are either team employees, Bally's employees, team "partners" or people with close working relationships with team "partners".

So what's to be done about the myriad questions fans would love to know the answers to?

If you can phrase a question you want asked in a way that wouldn't be inappropriate or out of line for a team employee to ask... I will happily ask it.

How about something like this,

What does Byfield need to do to A. get more ice time, and or B. get PP time, what does he need to work on to get those things,

Barring that, I would ask something like, given the lack of success in the special teams, are there any plans on possibly changing the personnel up on those units, and or,

Has there been any discussion or thoughts to limiting Kopitars PK time and trying to maximize his offensive abilities more,

Any variation of those ?

Reactions: LAKings88

All The Kings Men

Apr 7, 2016
How about something like this,

What does Byfield need to do to A. get more ice time, and or B. get PP time, what does he need to work on to get those things,

Barring that, I would ask something like, given the lack of success in the special teams, are there any plans on possibly changing the personnel up on those units, and or,

Has there been any discussion or thoughts to limiting Kopitars PK time and trying to maximize his offensive abilities more,

Any variation of those ?

I was actually thinking of asking the Byfield question in a very similar fashion. I probably won't get a shot to ask anything until closer to the Oilers game.

I'm no fan of the coach but the team's progressing under him and I'd like to think that's not entirely in spite of him. I really don't get the complaining about him ad naseum. After last season I was wondering if they needed to rebuild the rebuild but I think at this point it's clear we've got some assets to build around. I do think if Kopitar and Doughty were given less ice time and some younger guys were given more opportunity we'd be looking at a net positive but I have no complaints about where the team sits at this point in the season. That said, I'm still waiting for the rug to be pulled out from underneath us at some point. That just means I'm a real Kings fan.

Oh and Brown needs to be benched or given 10 mins a game max. Preferably the former but that's wishful thinking at best.

All The Kings Men

Apr 7, 2016
The difference between that post and the ones preceding it is just intensity level and reaction to expectations no?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad