GDT: 2021-22 season game 43 LA Kings vs New York Rangers @4:00pm 1/24/22

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA
FJ4tavdXEAQxn2b

Los Angeles Kings (21-16-5, 47pts, 2nd in Pacific)@ New York Rangers(27-11-4, 58pts, 1st in Metro)
Madison Square Garden| New York, NY
TIME: 4:00pm PT | TV: Bally Sports West| RADIO: I Heart Radio App

SEASON STATS
pHqWB1G.png

*Lines subject to change*
**The website I use to get these doesn't have all of our players yet**

:kings

w8GUruh.png

4dfNOXM.png

bzNdauI.png

9aMQ8Xx.png

Scratched: Rasmus Kupari, Alex Turcotte, Samuel Fagemo, Austin Strand
Covid:
Injured: Sean Walker, Alex Edler, Andreas Athanasiou, Lias Andersson

:rangers
Wdl4394.png

v5Oo3Qv.png

Injuries: Sammy Blais, Filip Chytil, Kaapo Kakko
Covid:

Full credit to NHL HUT Builder and Database for EA Sports Hockey Ultimate Team for supplying the HUT Cards
Full Credit to NHL Starting Goalies, Lines, News, Fantasy Tools - Daily Faceoff for the opposing lines

R.I.P
Jfont (Jesus Fontamillas)
HF member 2002-2021​

Little Psycho

I solemnly swear I'm up to no good
Feb 4, 2007
Non-Yah
They could be 33 out of 32 teams, they'd still own us just like everyone else.
Oh I don't doubt that. The special teams are gonna bite us in the ass if we make the playoffs. It's concerning that nothing is being done about since it's been terrible since the start of the season.

lumbergh

It was an idea. I didn't say it was a good idea.
Jan 8, 2007
Richmond, VA
Damn they are top 10 in special teams.
That's pretty much the entire difference between the two teams. You take away special teams, the Kings have a slightly better goal differential than the Rangers, who have the fourth most points in the league. That's what a big difference special teams play in the league now. You can be in the top echelon just by having good special teams.

For those who keep beating the "Fire McLellan" drum, you're wasting your breath on ice time. The Kings could have a better record, and the coaches could make them better, by actually improving the special teams. How they have failed to improve an obvious deficiency that they have some control over is the much bigger issue than who plays for how much.

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

Axl Rhoadz

Binky distributor
Apr 5, 2011
I see Laf is buried on the 3rd line ... I guess NYR don't know how to manage their kids either.

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009
I see Laf is buried on the 3rd line ... I guess NYR don't know how to manage their kids either.

Lafreniere is averaging 13:33 this year. Kakko, 16:00. Kaliyev is averaging 12:42, Turcotte 11:15, Kupari 11:36, Byfield 12:19, Vilardi 12:58.

So I mean, I dunno, you tell me. The big difference here is that in the Rangers games I've seen, Kakko looked pretty good and Lafreniere looked pretty invisible. Conversely, Kaliyev and Byfield have looked pretty good too, and I wish they were getting Kakko's time on ice.

Lafreniere's limited ice time is higher than any of our players. So I'm not sure what conclusions you're looking to draw here.

Trash Panda

May 12, 2021
The major takeaway is that lottery winning picks shouldn’t be spent on scoring wingers. Rangers really could have been set up well by going against the conventional wisdom on those two picks.

Outside of a Kane or Ovechkin level talent, it rarely works out.

Mats26

Vet Movement - What's the Maatta?
Sep 16, 2005
Breadman-Zibs-Krieder will be on one line tonight.
Kopitar-Danault will have their hands full. Shut that line down and we may have a chance.

Schmooley

Apr 5, 2016
He had every opportunity to cement a role in the top six. The only one on the Kings that got a look in the top six was Fagemo of all players.
If they cant hack it and lose their spot in the top six like Vilardi being demoted from last year and Laf thats on the player.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad