GDT: 2021-22 season game 43 LA Kings vs New York Rangers @4:00pm 1/24/22

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
I watched him pretty closely. A couple of ok plays but he flubbed a lot and was stripped pretty easily a couple of times. Not judging him for his second game but he wasn’t looking great. Awesome goal in shootout tho. He’ll get there.

That happens when you're used to being 'the guy' but instead are only playing every fourth shift if you're lucky.

No feel for the puck, hardest zone starts on the team, put with the weakest possible teammates.

He wasn't giving up any ice, though, either, which is the thing I thought would endear him to TM but apparently he's content watching Kopitar not even put a stick on a guy while ignoring Byfield streaking back to cover Brown's umpteenth lost check.

Reactions: kinghock

KingsHockey24

Aug 1, 2013
I didn't watch the game but stopped by for the shootout.

I'm fully expecting this to be the part of the season where we go 2-17-1 the next 20 games and fall out of the playoffs.

Little Psycho

I solemnly swear I'm up to no good
Feb 4, 2007
Non-Yah

f3d9afbf6becfa121dd6ff639c9005ad269a1869.gifv

Reactions: Fat Elvis

Raccoon Jesus

Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
absolute f***ing insanity.

They gave up a goal with a second left and gave up another third period lead before choking away the game complete in the skills competition.

Like sure people will be like "i'm sure glad blake is GM and TM coach and not you" but there are times when I'm like this guy cannot really believe the words coming out of his mouth, can he?

GoldenBearHockey

Jan 6, 2014
absolute f***ing insanity.

They gave up a goal with a second left and gave up another third period lead before choking away the game complete in the skills competition.

Like sure people will be like "i'm sure glad blake is GM and TM coach and not you" but there are times when I'm like this guy cannot really believe the words coming out of his mouth, can he?

Curious, did you hear the MSG call or Faust and Fox for the game tonight?

And the NJ broadcast vs Faust and Fox?

Raccoon Jesus

Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Curious, did you hear the MSG call or Faust and Fox for the game tonight?

And the NJ broadcast vs Faust and Fox?

I had NJD guys last night but missed MSG tonight

I don't give a shit if they were fellating the Kings all night, if that's what we're going for here

Reactions: Sol

GoldenBearHockey

Jan 6, 2014
I had NJD guys last night but missed MSG tonight

I don't give a shit if they were fellating the Kings all night, if that's what we're going for here

Part of it, but both broadcasts went out of the way to point out how this Kings team is more active, aggressive, than last years, and how TM is an incredible teaching coach.....

Now, I get it, you don't like him, because.....I don't know why, but when opposing teams are saying this....kinda makes you wonder, right?

cyclones22

Apr 4, 2003
Eastvale
What we're seeing now with the team is the ceiling. That is not going to change to anything higher unless the youth on the team is allowed to grow. We're halfway through the season. I guess if folks are content with maybe squeaking into the Playoffs, then good for you and for TMc.

TMc can't be trusted. He talked up Byfield and his return to the lineup. Plays him 15 minutes in his first game and he looks great. Then proceeds to play him less than 10 minutes the next two games. This is the same thing that he has done to all of our top prospects. Neuters them.

Raccoon Jesus

Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Part of it, but both broadcasts went out of the way to point out how this Kings team is more active, aggressive, than last years, and how TM is an incredible teaching coach.....

Now, I get it, you don't like him, because.....I don't know why, but when opposing teams are saying this....kinda makes you wonder, right?

Not really, that's all readily apparent, with how strong the team in general is 5v5.

Keep in mind that most of these teams only see the kings a couple of times a year so their point of reference is absolutely wrecking balling this team for the last few years so when they see the kings come in and corsi all over them 5v5 and go 'wow they're 2nd in the division' it makes sense that they're impressed and question wow how does this Kings team lose BUT ITS VERY APPARENT how they lose and it's the same mistakes every god damn night.

unicornpig

Dec 8, 2017
Sadly tm won't be canned unless we don't make the playoffs and struggle out of the gate next year

Raccoon Jesus

Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
What we're seeing now with the team is the ceiling. That is not going to change to anything higher unless the youth on the team is allowed to grow. We're halfway through the season. I guess if folks are content with maybe squeaking into the Playoffs, then good for you and for TMc.

TMc can't be trusted. He talked up Byfield and his return to the lineup. Plays him 15 minutes in his first game and he looks great. Then proceeds to play him less than 10 minutes the next two games. This is the same thing that he has done to all of our top prospects. Neuters them.

Exactly this. This is as good as it gets. Provided father time doesn't come COMPLETELY for Kopitar before he plays 30 minutes some game.

Shit maybe this is the 2010-2011 Kings, have to wait to flatline out of the gates before we can a guy with the initials "TM"

Reactions: cyclones22

GoldenBearHockey

Jan 6, 2014
Not really, that's all readily apparent, with how strong the team in general is 5v5.

Keep in mind that most of these teams only see the kings a couple of times a year so their point of reference is absolutely wrecking balling this team for the last few years so when they see the kings come in and corsi all over them 5v5 and go 'wow they're 2nd in the division' it makes sense that they're impressed and question wow how does this Kings team lose BUT ITS VERY APPARENT how they lose and it's the same mistakes every god damn night.

Yea, broadcasters don't do any homework lol, You are right, they don't see them night in and night out, but they don't come into the games blind either.

ScoreZeGoals

Boooorrrrriiiinnnnng
Jun 29, 2010

The Kings played neither the Devils or Rangers last year, and I'm sure their broadcasters were not staying up past midnight eastern to watch bad Kings hockey last year.

As for TM being "an incredible teaching coach", perhaps he can get off his ass and do some teaching to address these horrendous special teams? Or does he not get any blame for how shit the PP and PK are?

Raccoon Jesus

Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Yea, broadcasters don't do any homework lol, You are right, they don't see them night in and night out, but they don't come into the games blind either.

Sure, but I don't understand what valid observations by a broadcast team have to do with my criticisms of the team other than 'the team is dong some good things too' which i absolutely and consistently acknowledge.

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
I absolutely put no weight into what our broadcasters have to say or foreign ones do. They focus on their team not ours. We as fans know a lot more than they do and I take the opinions of most of the fans here more seriously than anyone else

Reactions: RaymondReddington

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
I'm actually okay with how the Kings played, given the circumstances. I think TMac's allocation of ice time deserves to be called out, and the special teams still needs serious work.

But when it's 2nd of a b2b, 3 points in 2 games is good. They played much better than yesterday.

Raccoon Jesus

Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
I'm actually okay with how the Kings played, given the circumstances. I think TMac's allocation of ice time deserves to be called out, and the special teams still needs serious work.

But when it's 2nd of a b2b, 3 points in 2 games is good. They played much better than yesterday.

Absolutely. Small picture, excellent results, especially given the self-inflicted wounds.

Axl Rhoadz

Binky distributor
Apr 5, 2011
Kings looked great tonight...Lizotte might be the unsung hero of the year and MVP. Byfield looked better than game 2, but not as good as game 1...would have been great if he got the game winner in OT.

Kaliyev continues to get chances and does nothing with them...maybe he should be promoted to the first line.

Been a fun season thus far...I enjoy not turning off the TV during the 2nd period every game because I know the Kings are going to get smoked.

Raccoon Jesus

Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Kings looked great tonight...Lizotte might be the unsung hero of the year and MVP. Byfield looked better than game 2, but not as good as game 1...would have been great if he got the game winner in OT.

Kaliyev continues to get chances and does nothing with them...maybe he should be promoted to the first line.

Been a fun season thus far...I enjoy not turning off the TV during the 2nd period every game because I know the Kings are going to get smoked.

For sure the Trevor Lewis mold, but he's going to be sung pretty soon if he keeps confident in his shot like he has been

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad