Prospect Info: 2021-22 Prospect Thread PART II(CHL, NCAA, Europe)

Status
Not open for further replies.

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
Scott Wheeler just dropped his top 32 draft prospects and thinks the Avs are taking Theo Lindstein.

2023 NHL Draft top 32 prospects; Scott Wheeler's preseason rankings

32. Theo Lindstein — LHD, Brynäs IF, 6-feet

Lindstein is a well-rounded defenceman who has already played SHL games. The statistical profile isn’t particularly strong but his numbers are also reflective of a Brynas J20 team that struggled to score on the whole last year. Lindstein is a two-way type who skates well, plays with a great deal of poise and control, and does a good job managing the play in possession (whether that’s leading exits and outlets or patrolling the line) and picking his spots to attack. He’s also just solid defensively, with a good stick and strong positioning in man-to-man situations. I know they think the world of him with Brynas.​
I might've made up the part about him thinking the Avs are taking Theo....but we are drafting from the 32 spot again right?

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
Scott Wheeler just dropped his top 32 draft prospects and thinks the Avs are taking Theo Lindstein.

Lindstein is a well-rounded defenceman who has already played SHL games. The statistical profile isn’t particularly strong but his numbers are also reflective of a Brynas J20 team that struggled to score on the whole last year. Lindstein is a two-way type who skates well, plays with a great deal of poise and control, and does a good job managing the play in possession (whether that’s leading exits and outlets or patrolling the line) and picking his spots to attack. He’s also just solid defensively, with a good stick and strong positioning in man-to-man situations. I know they think the world of him with Brynas.​
I might've made up the part about him thinking the Avs are taking Theo....but we are drafting from the 32 spot again right?
Avs might be picking #1 with Georgiev as starter and Compher as 2C and EVERYONE else hung over until March.

Reactions: Gruyeriev

dmac7719

Apr 27, 2018
Ontario

Doubt the Avs draft in the first round for this draft. Fully expect the 1st to be moved at some point before the draft to upgrade the team now

Reactions: UnkleKraker

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
2023 is going to be a really deep draft, I think '23 1sts are going to be harder to find on the table than usual at next year's deadline. I wouldn't put it past them to move it, but I think they hesitate more than usual.

Reactions: The Kingslayer

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
Avs might be picking #1 with Georgiev as starter and Compher as 2C and EVERYONE else hung over until March.
Disappointed.gif

Avs would be wise to hold onto the 1st this year or at the very least have it Top 10 protected.
Get Out Leave.gif

I actually think the Avs keep that pick. Burning a first at the deadline is something Sakic hasn’t done, don’t think they start now.
I whole-heartedly agree. The Avs absolutely need to keep a first to spend at some point soon to try and get a little higher talent level player back into the prospect pool. In order to have cheap ELC depth players, you need to have quality players in the pipeline.

@The Kingslayer You know I love ya brother. I only pick on people I like. I ignore the rest. But we are picking 32 next summer.

Gruyeriev

Shut your five hole
Apr 14, 2021
You’ve got to throw Wade a bone. You can’t promote him and give him a 5th and a 7th every year. Good young players on ELCs would go a long way to balance out our top heavy roster.

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
View attachment 575709

View attachment 575710

I whole-heartedly agree. The Avs absolutely need to keep a first to spend at some point soon to try and get a little higher talent level player back into the prospect pool. In order to have cheap ELC depth players, you need to have quality players in the pipeline.

@The Kingslayer You know I love ya brother. I only pick on people I like. I ignore the rest. But we are picking 32 next summer.
We will see lol I have no faith in Georgiev and Compher/Rantanen/Newhook as 2C. They should make the playoffs if healthy but thats about it. Figure it out after this season and make another run.

Reactions: expatriatedtexan

Richard88

John 3:16
Jun 29, 2019
View attachment 575709

View attachment 575710

If the Avs are picking 32nd that must mean that they'll be sellers at the deadline and acquire Tampa's 2023 1st. :sarcasm:

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
I'm thinking @Sea Eagles needs to come in here and spread a little sunshine for y'all.

1660041941755.png

Seriously, CMac will do something before the deadline to shore up the center position if necessary. Most likely via trade in season.

Lehk-Newhook-Rants

That line should theoretically work. Newhook certainly doesn't have to do everything by himself with those two. And he is crafty/sneaky with some of his passing which these two should be able to capitalize on at a much higher clip than his normal linemates. Although, you certainly don't want to go into the post-season without having this proven so give it a go, try different combos if it doesn't work. Give JTC, Meyers and Rants a chance. If something clicks, great! If not, then at least we tried to solve it internally and CMac will just have to make a trade to get a better option for the playoffs. Hopefully a fairly big deal for an RFA with term or an expiring RFA we can guarantee re-signing.

UnkleKraker

May 31, 2007
Washington State
I'm thinking @Sea Eagles needs to come in here and spread a little sunshine for y'all.

View attachment 575760

Seriously, CMac will do something before the deadline to shore up the center position if necessary. Most likely via trade in season.

Lehk-Newhook-Rants

That line should theoretically work. Newhook certainly doesn't have to do everything by himself with those two. And he is crafty/sneaky with some of his passing which these two should be able to capitalize on at a much higher clip than his normal linemates. Although, you certainly don't want to go into the post-season without having this proven so give it a go, try different combos if it doesn't work. Give JTC, Meyers and Rants a chance. If something clicks, great! If not, then at least we tried to solve it internally and CMac will just have to make a trade to get a better option for the playoffs. Hopefully a fairly big deal for an RFA with term or an expiring RFA we can guarantee re-signing.

People forget that Newhook certainly flashed at times.

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
That would require damn near every star on the Avs to miss the entire season. C'mon now.
Its the Avs. That can happen.

People forget that Newhook certainly flashed at times.

For sure. I really hope he put in time refining his skating. I didnt understand what @henchman24 was harping on about when it came to his skating until I actually watched him this season.

Reactions: SoftMittsHardSticks

Sea Eagles

Feb 7, 2012

View attachment 575760

Lehk-Newhook-Rants

Firstly, I'll say I want Kadri to come back for us. But what I will say is this: Kadri was injured for an eight straight game stretch at one point this past season, and we went:

WIN: 3-2 vs. Penguins
WIN: 6-4 vs. Penguins
WIN: 5-4 vs. Jets
WIN: 2-1 vs. Oilers
WIN: 9-3 vs. Kings :)
WIN: 3-1 vs. Devils
WIN: 7-4 vs. Hurricanes
LOSS: 3-2 vs. Capitals

He THEN missed 4 playoff games with his thumb, and we went

WIN: 6-5 vs. Oilers
WIN: 4-3 vs. Lightning
WIN: 7-0 vs. Lightning
LOSS: 6-2 vs. Lightning

He also missed a further two games (but I "think" we won those as well. )

Therefore, it appears our team does have the ability to win without his presence (in fact going 12-2-0 against some of the best teams in the league). I wouldn't stress about our ability to dominate with who we have covering 2C - the stats above don't lie.

Extrapolate that out, that's a 141 point season, and we are easily winning the presidents trophy.

Also, get ready for AVS to go back-to-back (bank it !!)

Bill Peckerskull

Fargin' Icehole
Feb 19, 2003
Castle Rock, CO
There are still a lot of unsigned UFAs out there, and several trade candidates that haven't been moved. Avs have $3.9M in cap space to work with, and I don't expect CMac/Joe to just sit on that with a glaring hole at 2C, even with the potential bonus monies to be paid Newhook and Byram.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad