Line Combos: 2021-22 lines

Status
Not open for further replies.

Goldenhands

Slaf_The_Great
Sponsor
Aug 21, 2016
Norlinder can't come to NA or he would be our 1st D on the PP.
They did run 2 Ds in the playoffs often (Petry-Hoffman seems a bit too risky) and Chariot was often there on the 2nd unit as the "D".
Romanov got some PP time early last year, he got a good shot.
Drouin without Suzuki is not useful.
Toffoli doesn't generate much with Suzuki.

Could see this if we really need a goal:

Drouin - Suzuki - Caufield
Hoffman - Petry

Norlinder will be at the camp and staying is a possibility depending of his play.

Drouin will have to find a way to be useful no matter who his linemates are because he could be left out of the line-up soon enough. He has alot to prove and our depth on the wings makes him someone we could no longer have to rely on to win games. There is also another kid with top 6 skills named Ylonen that could make his way on the line-up quite easily. Drouin will have to get his nose more dirty and play more inside than outside.

I like Romanov on a 2nd PP wave, but if ever Norlinder cracks the line-up and that we run 4 fowards on both units, he might be left out. I would have no problem to play 2 defensemen on the 2nd unit and have Romanov there though. If Norlinder doesnt cracks the team, I would rather give Romanov a real chance on the 2nd unit, but I would prefer a 4th foward on that 2nd wave than having chairot there.

Toffoli actually generated alot with Suzuki before he got hurts. Spent the last stretch of the season and the entire playoffs with an hand injury, what obviously hurt his game alot.

Last edited:
Reactions: Redux91

CauZuki

Feb 19, 2008
These are my lines , let the kids play :

Caufield - Suzuki - Anderson (2a)
Hoffman - Kotkaniemi - Toffoli (2b)
Drouin - Poehling - Gallagher (3a)
Lekhonen - Evans - Armia (3b)
Perreault/Paquette

I think Poehling makes a mark at camp/preseason and makes the team.
I really liked his game end of last season with Laval. I don't know where Perreault/Paquette fit on the team.

As for D:

Edmundson - Petry
Romanov - Savard
Chiarot - Norlinder (surprise)
Wideman - Kulak

I would be very surprised but if Norlinder comes to camp could be a really nice time to gel with the rest of the young players. He would bring a lot of speed and energy to the bottom pairing with Chiarot.

We'll see what happens I suppose...

Reactions: Scriptor

ZUKI

I hate the haters...
Oct 23, 2003
montreal
I like to see Drouin with Anderson. They were good together last season. I would like to see them with KK for a while. KK and Anderson are more physical, so i think that Drouin could benefit to play with them and Andy and KK could benefit of the good play making abilities of Drouin.

KK has a good shut and he must use it a lot more.

HuGo Burner Acc

Mar 30, 2016
These are my lines , let the kids play :

Caufield - Suzuki - Anderson (2a)
Hoffman - Kotkaniemi - Toffoli (2b)
Drouin - Poehling - Gallagher (3a)
Lekhonen - Evans - Armia (3b)
Perreault/Paquette

I think Poehling makes a mark at camp/preseason and makes the team.
I really liked his game end of last season with Laval. I don't know where Perreault/Paquette fit on the team.

As for D:

Edmundson - Petry
Romanov - Savard
Chiarot - Norlinder (surprise)
Wideman - Kulak

I would be very surprised but if Norlinder comes to camp could be a really nice time to gel with the rest of the young players. He would bring a lot of speed and energy to the bottom pairing with Chiarot.

We'll see what happens I suppose...

I agree 100%. Literally...the exact same lines/pairings down to Caufield being on LW and Norlinder as the 3 RD. This should be a transition year for the Habs. Let's the youth mature into their roles. I think DD will be less prone to favouring veterans (deadline moves) now that he has that comfortable contract

SakuKoivu11

Jun 29, 2017
Toffoli Suzuki Caufield
Hoffman Kotkaniemi Anderson
Drouin Evans Gallagher
Lehkonen Paquette Armia
Poehling Perreault

Reactions: 417

ericd

Feb 20, 2007
Toffoli - Suzuki - Gallagher
Anderson - Drouin - Armia
Hoffman - Kotkaniemi - Caufield
Poehling - Evans - Lehkonen

Chiarot - Petry
Kulak - Edmundson
Romanov - Savard

Price - Allen

Last edited:

ericd

Feb 20, 2007
There's even less chance of Drouin playing center this season than there is that he's coming back with the Habs at all. I can't picture any scenario where that would be an option, on any team.
Drouin played an whole season at center position in 2017-18...

Canadienna

Jan 27, 2015
Dew drops and rainforest
I just went back and looked at our opening night roster from the 19-20 season.

Tatar - Danault - Gallagher
Lehkonen - Domi - Suzuki
Drouin - Kotkaniemi - Armia
Byron - Thompson - Weal
Cousins

Mete - Weber
Chiarot - Petry
Kulak - Fleury
Reilly

That's a hell of a turnover in two years.

At Forward:

Tatar, Danault, Domi, Thompson, Weal and Cousins out

Toffoli, Hoffman, Anderson, Caufield, Perreault, Evans, Paquette in

On Defense:

Mete, Weber, Fleury and Reilly out

Edmundson, Savard, Romanov and Wideman in

Reactions: sj315 and dralaf

BehindTheTimes

Jun 24, 2018
Love to see Norlinder grab a spot, I don’t know much about him outside of highlights. How far away is he?

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
I feel like our C’s are getting a rough ride from our fans and media…they’re more capable then they’re being given credit for.

There’s a huge opportunity for growth if we’re patient…a perceived weakness could actually be a strength in the not so distant future IMO

Last edited:

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
I feel like our C’s are getting a rough ride from our fans and media…they’re more capable then they’re being given credit for.

There’s a huge opportunity for growth if we’re patien…a perceived weakness could actually be a strength in the not so distant future IMO

no doubt... issue will be managing expectations & fans, but more importantly the team, being committed to the inevitable growing pains without yanking on the leash to tight or resorting to the yo-yo treatment situation they put JKO in last year.

if they can stay patient with JKO and Evans, leaning on Perreault or Paquette as needed without going down the line blender road, I think both are poised for significant performance improvements, and if so, as you put it, our C group could end up being a strength as early as this season.

WinterLion

Oct 1, 2017
no doubt... issue will be managing expectations & fans, but more importantly the team, being committed to the inevitable growing pains without yanking on the leash to tight or resorting to the yo-yo treatment situation they put JKO in last year.

if they can stay patient with JKO and Evans, leaning on Perreault or Paquette as needed without going down the line blender road, I think both are poised for significant performance improvements, and if so, as you put it, our C group could end up being a strength as early as this season.

If things stay the way they are then JKO, Evans and Poaehling will be fighting for ice time.... but they will all be playing with very capable wingers when they play. If any one of them can develop into a 2C that would be great!

Reactions: Miller Time

Habsrule

Jun 13, 2004
Bozak, Brassard and Anisimov are all still available as UFAs. I would like for one to be signed to a one year stop gap contract. Let Poehling start off the year in Laval and be the first call up.

Toffoli Suzuki Caufield
Drouin Kotkaniemi Anderson
Hoffman (stop gap) Gallagher
Perrault Evans Armia

Lehkonen starts off as #13 forward
Paquette is healthy scratch
Byron is on LTIR
Poehling is first call up from Laval

Alexandre Magny

Apr 27, 2019
Toffoli-Suzuki-Caufield
Hoffman-Kotkaniemi-Anderson
Drouin-Evans-Gallagher
Lehkonen-Paquette-Armia
Perreault

edmunson-Petry
Chiarot-Savard
Romanov-Wideman
Kulak

Price
Allen

x15Kotkaniemi15x

May 22, 2011
Toronto
Hey everyone! Posted a video earlier in this thread about the defensive pairs I thought made sense, now here's my forward combos for next year at this current time! Cheers everyone, GHG!

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
Toffoli-Suzuki-Caufield
Hoffman-Kotkaniemi-Anderson
Drouin-Evans-Gallagher
Lehkonen-Paquette-Armia
Perreault

edmunson-Petry
Chiarot-Savard
Romanov-Wideman
Kulak

Price
Allen

Unless something changes in camp, JKO & Anderson shouldn't play together IMO... zero offensive chemistry

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad