Chariot - Wideman (Norlinder?)
Kulak

Price
Allen

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
We need a puck moving D and Norlinder's coming to camp.

Let's hope he only makes the team if he's ready, not because we're rushing him.

Age 21 season and pretty much the same situation as Romanov last year. Except if he don’t make it, back to SHL.

Habs will be watching his box out and ability to handle less time and space with more physically very closely in camp. Some fans will watch the offensive part only but management will not have that sole focus. That’s why Wideman was signed as insurance

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
Really hope Bergevin adds a proper RD before season begins. Norlinder/Wideman should not be on the roster, let's save the developing time this season for Romanov.

Toffoli - Suzuki - Caufield
Hoffman - Dvorak - Gallagher
Drouin - Evans - Anderson
Lehkonen - Perrault - Armia

Edmundson - Petry
Chiarot - Savard/RD
Romanov - RD/Savard

Price
Allen

Extra: Kulak/Wideman/Paquette

BargainBinSpecial

Jul 2, 2018
Toffoli - Suzuki - Cafield
Drouin - Dvorak - Hoffman
Anderson - Evans - Gallagher
Lehkonen - Perrault - Armia
*pacquette *poehling
IR Byron

Edmunson - Petry
Romanov - Savard
Chariot - Wideman (Norlinder?)
Kulak

Price
Allen
Switching wingers from their natural positions is not a good idea.

Hoffman/Toffoli Suzuki Caufield
Toffoli/Hoffman Dvorak Anderson
Drouin Evans Gallagher
Lek Poehling Armia
Byron Perreault Paquette

Drouin, Gallagher and Byron are the mistakes that keep on giving. That third line is pretty expensive and defensively challenged.

KevSkillz4

Apr 11, 2016
I really like the forward group we have now. Very balanced and options are there.

Toffoli - Suzuki - Caufield.
Hoffman - Dvorak - Anderson.
Drouin - Poehling/Evans - Gallagher.
Lehkonen - Poehling/Evans/Paquette - Armia.

Edmundson - Petry.
Romanov - Savard.
Chiarot - Kulak/Norlinder.

Price.
Allen.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
I have a hunch that a lot of people here are going to be surprised at the impact of Perreault. He is a legit player, and a lot of those suggested lines don't even include him. I wouldn't sleep on a such a guy.

I like his game. But who comes out? Lehkonen? Drouin?

Perrault prefers playing wing. Not sure he'll be a better center than Paquette.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Hoffman - Suzuki - Caufield
Drouin - Dvorak - Gallagher
Toffoli - Evans - Armia
Lehkonen - Perrault/Paquette - Anderson

Habsrule

Jun 13, 2004
Does anyone know with Byron and Weber out exactly how much cap space that the Habs currently have?

Agalloch

EliteProspects
Sep 18, 2002
Lachute, QC
Visit site
We need another puck moving d but my guess is we will try Norlinder first in the pre-season.

Toffoli-Suzuki-Caufield
Hoffman-Dvorak-Gallagher
Drouin-Evans-Anderson
Lehkonen-Paquette-Armia
Paquette

Edmundson-Petry
Chiarot-Romanov
Norlinder-Savard
Kulak, Wideman

Licou

Sep 10, 2007
Longuh
I like his game. But who comes out? Lehkonen? Drouin?

Perrault prefers playing wing. Not sure he'll be a better center than Paquette.

I would bet a good bear that he is a lock for a starting spot. But as the season progresses, I would say Evans, Lehkonen, Drouin and potentially Armia will rotate in and out with Perreault depending on who is performing best.

Obviously we will have injuries, and our depth with Perreault and Paquette will help us immensely in those situations.

Reactions: 26Mats

Habsrule

Jun 13, 2004
I have 271000 in cap space if we put Weber on LTIR with Norlinder in the lineup. (23 players)

Personally I’d rather Norlinder play a year in Laval. Let Romanov get regular NHL minutes and take the next step. Next year can be Norlinder who gets that playing time. I don’t want to really break two rookie defencemen into the league at once. Yes Romanov played last year but this year he will be forced into a much bigger role with Weber out.

Agalloch

EliteProspects
Sep 18, 2002
Lachute, QC
Visit site
Personally I’d rather Norlinder play a year in Laval. Let Romanov get regular NHL minutes and take the next step. Next year can be Norlinder who gets that playing time. I don’t want to really break two rookie defencemen into the league at once. Yes Romanov played last year but this year he will be forced into a much bigger role with Weber out.

Bergevin said he would give all the chance to make the team (to Norlinder). It remains me when Lehkonen came here, it was europe or NHL. This is the same for Norlinder, can't play in the AHL this year and we have nothing ready in the AHL in case of injuries... well... we have Ouellet. I'm almost sure Norlinder begins in MTL.

Sorry it's in french but:

"Marc Bergevin affirme que Mattias Norlinder est le prochain joyau du Canadien"

"C’est un de nos très beaux espoirs. Il y a ceux qui sont déjà à Montréal, comme Kotkaniemi, Suzuki et Romanov. Après ce groupe, c’est probablement lui qui nous impressionne le plus." - Marc Bergevin

"Il y a quelques semaines, quand Marc Bergevin a parlé à la presse, il a mentionné vouloir mettre la main sur un défenseur en mesure de bouger la rondelle. Il a aussi mentionné que Mattias Norlinder allait avoir sa chance, lui qui sera au camp d’entraînement du Canadien."

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
I would bet a good bear that he is a lock for a starting spot. But as the season progresses, I would say Evans, Lehkonen, Drouin and potentially Armia will rotate in and out with Perreault depending on who is performing best.

Obviously we will have injuries, and our depth with Perreault and Paquette will help us immensely in those situations.

Yeah there will definitely be injuries.

He said he came here because he wanted a bigger role. Hopefully he isn't too disappointed if he starts out as the 13th forward. Perry did last year. But once he got in, he never looked back.

Licou

Sep 10, 2007
Longuh
Yeah there will definitely be injuries.

He said he came here because he wanted a bigger role. Hopefully he isn't too disappointed if he starts out as the 13th forward. Perry did last year. But once he got in, he never looked back.

Ahahaha I just beat a f***ing bear that Perreault is in the starting line up.

I better get searching...

Hannibal

Fear the Weber
Feb 11, 2007
Toffoli-Suzuki-Caufield
Hoffman-Dvorak-Anderson
Drouin-Poehling-Gallagher
Paquette-Evans-Armia

I like that. Willing to bet Poehling will donas good of a job as KK would have done, if not better.

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
if Poehling forces the issue by being a clear cut top 9 deserving player in camp, you'd think a trade will be necessary... too many veteran wingers to have sitting in the press box

are perreault and paquette going to be good soldiers and sit in the stands until injuries strike?

Toffoli-Suzuki-Caufield
Hoffman-Dvorak-Anderson
Lehkonen-Evans-Armia
Paquette, Perreault (eventually Byron)

Chiarot - Petry
Romanov - Savard
Edmundson - Wideman/Kulak

6M$ in offseason RFA/UFA dollars given out that seem likely to start the season on the 4th line... while the d is still desperate for top-4/top-pairing upgrades. "interesting" approach to cap management.

Bacchus1

Fill the net!
Sep 10, 2007
Montreal
if Poehling forces the issue by being a clear cut top 9 deserving player in camp, you'd think a trade will be necessary... too many veteran wingers to have sitting in the press box

are perreault and paquette going to be good soldiers and sit in the stands until injuries strike?

Toffoli-Suzuki-Caufield
Hoffman-Dvorak-Anderson
Lehkonen-Evans-Armia
Paquette, Perreault (eventually Byron)

Chiarot - Petry
Romanov - Savard
Edmundson - Wideman/Kulak

6M$ in offseason RFA/UFA dollars given out that seem likely to start the season on the 4th line... while the d is still desperate for top-4/top-pairing upgrades. "interesting" approach to cap management.

well definitely have to trade a winger. Drouin would be ideal.

Reactions: Miller Time

Heffyhoof

Jan 17, 2016
Anderson-Suzuki-Caufield
Hoffman/Toffoli-Dvorak-Gallagher
Drouin-MysteryMan-Toffoli/Hoffman
Lehkonen-Evans-Armia

Edmunson-Petry
Chiarot-Savard
Romanov-Wideman

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
Anderson-Suzuki-Caufield
Hoffman/Toffoli-Dvorak-Gallagher
Drouin-MysteryMan-Toffoli/Hoffman
Lehkonen-Evans-Armia

Edmunson-Petry
Chiarot-Savard
Romanov-Wideman

I think your mystery man will be Evans with Paquette as 4C. If there’s another trade it’ll be a winger for a defender.

Reactions: Heffyhoof

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012
1st PP unit:

---------Suzuki
Caufield - Dvorak - Hoffman
----------------Petry

Dvorak in the bumper position. Suzuki stays near the net. Can make passes to Dvorak and Hoffman for a 1-timer.

-------------- Gallagher
Anderson - Toffoli - Drouin
---------------Norlinder/Wideman

Archijerej

Jan 17, 2005
Poland
Drouin's role is still unclear to me and we don't have a playmaking center for Hoffman.

With the current group of forwards, I'm unable to come up with a lineup that makes sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad