Line Combos: 2021-22 lines

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ozmodiar

Oct 18, 2017
I hope this is not the final lineup, because if it is, trouble from the middle.
I don’t like Drouin and KK together. Don’t really want Jo on a defensive line either (with Evans). So, either with NS or the 4th line …

Toffoli - NS - Caufield
Hoffman - KK - Anderson
Lehkonen - Evans - Gallagher
Drouin - Poehling/Paquette - Armia

Habssince89

trolls to the IL
Sponsor
Apr 14, 2009
Vancouver, BC
I'd like to put Drouin with Caufield to make it an easy to shelter line.

That also allows us to pair Toffoli and Hoffman, which should be a good scoring threat.

I know Gallagher would be on another line but I think he should play on a two-way line at this point in his career. He'll help balance that top9 and spread the offence.

Drouin-Suzuki-Caufield
Toffoli-Kotkaniemi-Hoffman
Anderson-Poehling/Evans-Gallagher
Lehkonen-Paquette-Armia

Captain97

Jan 31, 2017
Toronto, Ontario
Where's Lehkonen? He scored the biggest goal for the Habs in the last 28 years and signed for 2+M, I highly doubt he'll be left out.

I personally think Perrault is the better player atm. Also Ducharme scratched lehkonen a lot after he took over. So I wonder if he isn't the biggest fan of Lehkonen for some reason.

Captain97

Jan 31, 2017
Toronto, Ontario

That also allows us to pair Toffoli and Hoffman, which should be a good scoring threat.

I know Gallagher would be on another line but I think he should play on a two-way line at this point in his career. He'll help balance that top9 and spread the offence.

Drouin-Suzuki-Caufield
Lehkonen-Paquette-Armia

These are my lines but I have Perrault over Lehkonen.

VirginiaMtlExpat

Second most interesting man in the world.
Aug 20, 2003
Norfolk, VA
www.odu.edu
My guesses:

-Gally will play with Kotkienemi and take the right side draws.
-Paquette will earn the 4th line C job
-Evans and Poehling will end the year on the same line
-Perrault is going to be used the way Gally has been... to kick start lines and help on draws
-Romanov and Savard will be the 2nd pair by year end
-Wdeman will beat out Kulak and play 15+ minutes
Strikes me as a moderate improvement, especially if Romanov keeps improving. If Evans and Poehling gel on the third line, that could mitigate somewhat the loss of Danault. It would be cool for Norlinder to steal a spot, but let's see what Wideman brings. The NHL learning curve is still substantial.

Reactions: WinterLion

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
My guesses:

-Gally will play with Kotkienemi and take the right side draws.
-Paquette will earn the 4th line C job
-Evans and Poehling will end the year on the same line
-Perrault is going to be used the way Gally has been... to kick start lines and help on draws
-Romanov and Savard will be the 2nd pair by year end
-Wdeman will beat out Kulak and play 15+ minutes

Will be interesting to see how the lineup starts, and who ends up winning jobs.

Last year Perry started as the 13th forward, but then won a spot. It was Lehkonen and Byron who were often healthy scratches until Drouin went down.

But Drouin had played himself into the 4th line and was getting close to healthy scratch territory.

This upcoming year, Perrault and Paquette will battle for the 4c position, and the loser should start as 13th forward. But Drouin, Lehkonen, and Armia will all be in danger of being overtaken by the Pereault or Paquette.

Reactions: WinterLion

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast

Drouin-Suzuki-Caufield
Lehkonen-Paquette-Armia

I'm not sure how it would work with Drouin on that line. Suzuki with two soft wingers? I'm not to sure about that. I think we would be asking too much of Suzuki. Playing with a undersized rookie RW and a very soft LW.

Reactions: VirginiaMtlExpat

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018

Drouin-Suzuki-Caufield
Lehkonen-Paquette-Armia

I think Gallagher would be better playing with someone who can make plays. Perhaps Armia plays with Anderson. Armia creates turnovers and Anderson goes the other way with a quick strike.

But if Gally has in fact lost "it" maybe he'll be the right linemate to get stuck with Anderson.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
I think Gallagher would be better playing with someone who can make plays. Perhaps Armia plays with Anderson. Armia creates turnovers and Anderson goes the other way with a quick strike.

But if Gally has in fact lost "it" maybe he'll be the right linemate to get stuck with Anderson.

Personally, I don't consider Gallagher a play making winger or someone that has vision and can play with a skilled center or other winger. The guy is a bull dog with his head down, plays north/south and shoots at almost every angle. For a center with skill, that's not necessarily a good fit. I have him with Lehkonen and Evans... the new shutdown line

Last edited:

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Personally, I don't consider Gallagher a play making winger or someone that has vision and can play with a skilled center or other winger. The guy is a bull dog with his head down, plays north/south and shoots at almost every angle. For a center with skill, that's not necessarily a good fit. I have him with Lehkonen and Evans... they new shutdown line

That m as y be a good shutdown line.

But Gallagher can make plays with the puck, in addition to shooting from everywhere. Anderson is a bull, a powerhorse. Straight ahead when he gets the puck or put in rebounds or shots off passes. But Ander a.c on can't make plays with linemates. Gally can.

Captain97

Jan 31, 2017
Toronto, Ontario
That m as y be a good shutdown line.

But Gallagher can make plays with the puck, in addition to shooting from everywhere. Anderson is a bull, a powerhorse. Straight ahead when he gets the puck or put in rebounds or shots off passes. But Ander a.c on can't make plays with linemates. Gally can.

Part of me wants to try

Anderson - Poehling - Gally tbh

Call em "The Net Crashers"

Reactions: RussCourtnallsGhost

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
4th line was either too passive or too slow last season. I’m looking forward to seeing something like Lehkonen-Paquette-Armia. You have a guy who loves smashing other players and two wingers that are always in your face forechecking. That’s going to be a pain in the ass to play against.

Reactions: Redux91

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
4th line was either too passive or too slow last season. I’m looking forward to seeing something like Lehkonen-Paquette-Armia. You have a guy who loves smashing other players and two wingers that are always in your face forechecking. That’s going to be a pain in the ass to play against.
This is the plus side of Perry and Staal leaving. They did amazing things in the playoffs but good god did it make for a slow line :laugh: Seeing Perry try to carry the puck in the neutral zone was truly something to behold. I do prefer a faster lineup .

SOLR

Jun 4, 2006
Toronto / North York
I don’t like Drouin and KK together. Don’t really want Jo on a defensive line either (with Evans). So, either with NS or the 4th line …

Toffoli - NS - Caufield
Hoffman - KK - Anderson
Lehkonen - Evans - Gallagher
Drouin - Poehling/Paquette - Armia

I think we need a trade/otherwise acquire a top 6 center more than anything else. It's not something we can fix internally this year or they will struggle. KK ain't ready for a top 6 role = there is nothing wrong with him being ready in 1-2 years.

Reactions: Ozmodiar

Goldenhands

Slaf_The_Great
Sponsor
Aug 21, 2016
I think the lines will change alot since we have so many possibilities this year.

I would like that Ducharme stacks a first PP unit made of Caufield, Suzuki, Hofffman and Toffoli.

Then KK, Drouin, Poehling, Gallagher on the 2nd.

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014
The centreline and the D pairings are scary. Not counting on a playoffs appearance this season with the current lineup.

Reactions: Habs Icing

SOLR

Jun 4, 2006
Toronto / North York
I think the lines will change alot since we have so many possibilities this year.

I would like that Ducharme stacks a first PP unit made of Caufield, Suzuki, Hofffman and Toffoli.

Then KK, Drouin, Poehling, Gallagher on the 2nd.

Hoffman is there to replace Weber on the PP, maybe on the 2nd unit.

Could see Drouin being with Suzuki as much as possible as they have great chemistry.

Drouin - Suzuki - Caufield
Romanov - Petry

Toffoli - KK - Gallagher
Hoffman - Chariot

Goldenhands

Slaf_The_Great
Sponsor
Aug 21, 2016
Hoffman is there to replace Weber on the PP, maybe on the 2nd unit.

Could see Drouin being with Suzuki as much as possible as they have great chemistry.

Romanov - Petry

Toffoli - KK - Gallagher
Hoffman - Chariot
Cant see the Habs running 2 defensemen on the 1st PP unit and cant see Chairot on the PP at all. Drouin will have to make his way on the 1st unit, will have to earn it, he plays too much on the outside and doesnt generate much.

Toffoli Suzuki Caufield
Hoffman Petry/Norlinder

Armia KK Gallagher
Drouin Petry/Norlinder/Romanov

SOLR

Jun 4, 2006
Toronto / North York
Cant see the Habs running 2 defensemen on the 1st PP unit and cant see Chairot on the PP at all. Drouin will have to make his way on the 1st unit, will have to earn it, he plays too much on the outside and doesnt generate much.

Toffoli Suzuki Caufield
Hoffman Petry/Norlinder

Armia KK Gallagher
Drouin Petry/Norlinder/Romanov

Norlinder can't come to NA or he would be our 1st D on the PP.
They did run 2 Ds in the playoffs often (Petry-Hoffman seems a bit too risky) and Chariot was often there on the 2nd unit as the "D".
Romanov got some PP time early last year, he got a good shot.
Drouin without Suzuki is not useful.
Toffoli doesn't generate much with Suzuki.

Could see this if we really need a goal:

Hoffman - Petry

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $6,201.00
    Event closes