Speculation: 2021-22 LA Kings News, Rumors, Roster discussion part IV Playoffs? I Danault

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reclamation Project

Cut It All Right In Two
Jul 6, 2011
Seeing all the Madden posts in the #2 prospect thread got me thinking. That Toffoli trade could be a blockbuster for the Kings in the next 5-10 years. The Kings got Madden and eventually Faber from the Canucks for Tyler Toffoli.

Muzzin was traded for Grundstrom and eventually Bjornfot. This was a great trade for both teams.

Campbell and Clifford were traded for Moore, eventually Laferriere (last year was the team MVP and Offensive Player of the Year), and eventually packaged a pick for Kirsanov.

So far pretty damn good job by Blake!

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009
Seeing all the Madden posts in the #2 prospect thread got me thinking. That Toffoli trade could be a blockbuster for the Kings in the next 5-10 years. The Kings got Madden and eventually Faber from the Canucks for Tyler Toffoli.

Muzzin was traded for Grundstrom and eventually Bjornfot. This was a great trade for both teams.

Campbell and Clifford were traded for Moore, eventually Laferriere (last year was the team MVP and Offensive Player of the Year), and eventually packaged a pick for Kirsanov.

It's even crazier when you realize he's actually been asleep this entire time and doesn't even own a cell phone!

BigKing

Blake Out of Hell III: Back in to Hell
Mar 11, 2003
Belmont Shore, CA
google.com

Just to be Devil's Advocate:

- Blake used the pick from Vancouver for Faber but didn't get Faber for Toffoli. Kudos to Blake for moving up to get Faber but they are separate deals. As for Madden, I really liked how he looked at the very start of the season but then he looked worse prior to getting absolutely lit up on a clean hit due to his style of play. Important learning lesson but it basically cost him a year of development and it highlights the fact that he is very slight. Hopefully it doesn't take away from his swag/confidence because he looked like he had "it" during pre-season and the first few games but that tailed off and then he got crushed. The flip side of this is that Toffoli has lit it up immediately after leaving here and, to be fair, was going to score 20 or LA when he was traded. I do feel that he had to go because a long-term deal here in LA was dangerous but, still, Madden and a 2nd might not look so hot compared to the player given up in the deal.

- I said back at the time of the trade that if Grundstrom becomes a decent 3rd line guy and Blake hits on the pick, then it's a fantastic trade. Still a good trade if Bjornfot hits as a solid #3-4 but the Grundstrom thing might not happen and I don't think the Durzi thing is ever going to happen. Kind of a bummer that the extra pieces on top of the 1st don't look so hot now but Bjornfot is obviously more valuable to this team moving forward than Muzzin was going to be. Would be epic if they got two long-term contributors out of it though.

- Leafs probably give up more if they knew what would happen with Campbell. Not expecting anything from Laferriere but Moore was a real nice surprise last season. All about getting assets though which is the same thing as the 2nd round pick in the Toffoli deal: the actual draft pick can be packaged with other accumulated assets.

I've probably liked how he's used the picks he's accumulated to go grab stuff more than each of the deals in a vacuum. Look at the success Martinez, Campbell and Toffoli have had. I'll wait to add Carter's name to that list too. It's frustrating because they are better players than their respective returns but they weren't looking like it here so it is what it is.

BringTheReign

Jul 3, 2008
San Diego
AI picked it up last year. Scored some goals and did a good job holding onto the puck.

Agreed, and I think he’ll get better still. All I was saying is that the version of Tatar that Danault played with was more offensively skilled than AI was the last few seasons.

Stimpythecat

Jul 1, 2015

It's even more insane if you realize the Kings could have signed Toffoli as a UFA. So all that would have been for just 10 games.

Stimpythecat

Jul 1, 2015
If Landeskog left the Avs, my bet would have been he'd go to the Blues. The Blues would dump Tarasenko and then upgrade with Landeskog. So even if they dumped Tarasenko on some team for literally nothing, they still upgrade the roster for free.

DatDude44

Hmmmm?
Feb 23, 2012
So, you guys intrigue the heck out of me.

what would be some examples of your projected lineup looking like?

DoktorJeep

Expediency x Sentimentality = Mediocrity
Aug 2, 2005
OC

The bottom six forwards are a crap shoot before any injuries or further transactions. My best guess for the start of the season is …

Iafallo Kopitar Brown
Kempe Danault Arvidsson
Moore Vilardi AA
Wagner Lizotte Lemieux
Extras: Andersson, Grundstrom

Anderson Doughty
Edler Roy
Maata Walker
Extra: Clague

Petersen
Quick

Reactions: LAKings88

DatDude44

Hmmmm?
Feb 23, 2012
The bottom six forwards are a crap shoot before any injuries or further transactions. My best guess for the start of the season is …

Iafallo Kopitar Brown
Kempe Danault Arvidsson
Moore Vilardi AA
Wagner Lizotte Lemieux
Extras: Andersson, Grundstrom

Anderson Doughty
Edler Roy
Maata Walker
Extra: Clague

Petersen
Quick
I wouldn't be shocked to see this team in the playoffs..... I think vilardi with favorable matchups in that role with AA could put up 40+ points

The D-core is solid and peterson isn't a bad tendy imo

Cook24

Oct 14, 2005
Chino, CA
Ryan Murray to Avs even though they already have Girard, Toews, and Byram on the left side…

Incoming Byram to the kings :sarcasm:

Reaper45

Jul 14, 2003
Los Angeles

I see it more like this.

Kempe – Kopitar – Arvidsson
Iafallo – Vilardi – Andersson
Moore – Danault – Brown
Lemieux – Anderson-Dolan – AA
Grundstrom, Lizotte, Wagner

Anderson– Doughty
Bjornfot – Roy
Edler – Walker
Maatta

Peterson
Quick

Obviously the bottom 6 is way crowded and I honestly thought that Blake would’ve addressed that going forward especially if you think guys like Byfield, Kupari, Tkachev and Kaliyev are on the cusp of being here full time.

I mean Ontario is very full as well.

Turcotte-Byfield-Kupari
Fagemo-Tynan-Kaliyev
Johnson-Burke-Frk
Sutter-Dudas-Madden
Doty, Sodergran, Tkachev
Thomas (inj)

Wolanin-Clague
Moverare-Durzi
Phillips-Strand
Spence, Grans

Villalta
Sparks
Ingham
Parik

Choralone

Oct 16, 2010
Burbank, CA
Lisa Dillman had an article today on the Athletic entitled Kings depth chart: Should it be Alex Iafallo or Adrian Kempe as the first-line winger?.

She posted two lineups - the second after taking "into consideration a couple of suggestions from a coach on an NHL staff. "

Adrian KempeAnze KopitarViktor Arvidsson
Alex IafalloPhillip DanaultAndreas Athanasiou
Trevor MooreQuinton ByfieldDustin Brown
Lias AnderssonBlake LizotteGabriel Vilardi
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Mikey AndersonDrew Doughty
Alex EdlerSean Walker
Tobias BjornfotMatt Roy
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Cal Petersen
Jonathan Quick
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

fwiw

Steve Zissou

I'll order you a red cap and a Speedo.
Feb 3, 2006
City of Angels
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

I saw that... that Blake Lizotte was centering the 4th line AND playing with Vilardi.

giphy.gif

Steve Zissou

I'll order you a red cap and a Speedo.
Feb 3, 2006
City of Angels
Speaking of Trevor Moore aka Mr. 'X' Factor...

The hometown kid, on the hometown team, is excited for the future in LA - LA Kings Insider

The 26-year-old winger also showcased that offensive ability on the international stage, as he represented Team USA for the first time in his career at the 2021 IIHF World Championships. Playing center for the first time in his career, Moore was the pivot on the top forward line for the Americans, as he tallied nine points (5-4-9), helping his squad earn bronze medal. Moore was tied for sixth in the tournament in both goals and total points, the cherry on top of a great trip to Latvia.

No Name The Nameless

Feb 15, 2019
Tornado Alley
Lisa Dillman had an article today on the Athletic entitled Kings depth chart: Should it be Alex Iafallo or Adrian Kempe as the first-line winger?.

She posted two lineups - the second after taking "into consideration a couple of suggestions from a coach on an NHL staff. "

[TBODY] [/TBODY]
Mikey AndersonDrew Doughty
Alex EdlerSean Walker
Tobias BjornfotMatt Roy
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
Cal Petersen
Jonathan Quick
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
fwiw
She's just trying to get people talking with those bottom lines.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $246.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig