Speculation: 2021-22 Kraken Roster Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

LokiDog

Get pucks deep. Get pucks to the net. And, uh…
Sep 13, 2018
Dallas
Thanks for the Clarification on arbitration.

How about that Marcus Johansson signing. A bit on the peculiar side if I'm being honest. Reclamation project? Guy peaked early and hasn't been as good the last few seasons. If he can get back to production from about 5 years ago, that contract is a bargain, but I'm not holding my breath. Regardless, still a good signing at that AAV... I wouldn't feel the same if his contract was the same as it had been the previous 2 seasons.

18-19 he had 30 in 58, which is slightly better than .5PPG
19-20 he had 30 in 60 for exactly .5PPG
Last year he dipped to 14 in 36 but obviously had some injuries. It's still around .4PPG

Even in 17-18 he had injuries and only played 29 games, but had 14 points, so .5PPG again.

So really only once in the past 4 years has he been under .5PPG

He's basically good for 40 points if healthy, which is definitely value for 1.5M and since it's only a one-year deal he's also a potential TDL flip. If he has a good year in Seattle but we don't look like a playoff team, he can translate into a pick for the future.

Reactions: AlaskaJet

The Marquis

Aug 24, 2020
Washougal, WA
18-19 he had 30 in 58, which is slightly better than .5PPG
19-20 he had 30 in 60 for exactly .5PPG
Last year he dipped to 14 in 36 but obviously had some injuries. It's still around .4PPG

Even in 17-18 he had injuries and only played 29 games, but had 14 points, so .5PPG again.

So really only once in the past 4 years has he been under .5PPG

He's basically good for 40 points if healthy, which is definitely value for 1.5M and since it's only a one-year deal he's also a potential TDL flip. If he has a good year in Seattle but we don't look like a playoff team, he can translate into a pick for the future.

Yeah, it's one of those things where previous sticker shock immediately went into my head. He made 4.5 last year and the year prior. Then I turned my brain on and it really sunk in just how good this signing has potential to be.

SwedishFire

Mar 3, 2011
Im just curious; what about the unsigned players that is left; [edit] Is that only Quenville then? Then no loss for them right? Strange choice of player by Francis though. I guess all teams is luring on Seattle, when Seattle is full of players, and has to expose them to waivers; it WILL happen, and at least one player WILL be taken, is my gut.

I do wonder what Seattle is gonna do with all that exciting talented D? Other teams will really lure on them on waivers day.

Last edited:

StarterHart

Waffle
Feb 2, 2018
Arlington, WA
Im just curious; what about the unsigned players that is left; Quenville, Gavin Bayreuther? I guess all teams is luring on Seattle, when Seattle is full of players, and has to expose them to waivers; it WILL happen, and at least one player WILL be taken, is my gut.

Quenville, well from what I heard, its not that big of a loss, Bayreuther? Can someone tell me more about him?

I do wonder what Seattle is gonna do with all that exciting talented D? Other teams will really lure on them on waivers day.

Quenneville and Bayreuther were not tendered and therefore became UFA. In fact Bayreuther has already signed back with Columbus. Quenneville is still out there as far as I know.

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
I see Gourde-Geekie-Appleton emerging as the teams' top offensive line. I can also see Appleton being a stud for the Kraken.

But I could see one of Driedger/Grubauer being moved in 1-2 seasons.

Reactions: AlaskaJet

SwedishFire

Mar 3, 2011
Quenneville and Bayreuther were not tendered and therefore became UFA. In fact Bayreuther has already signed back with Columbus. Quenneville is still out there as far as I know.

Still dont get the Chicgo, Columbus picks. Could just pick Kevin Stenlund and just whoever in Chicago instead. From what I get, Quenville is kind of of the least attractive guy in the field

Some RFAs is still not signed right? Geekie, Cale Fleury, Tyriminski, some other guy (Kole Lind) as well ( dont remember the name).

Last edited:

RainyCityHockey

Dec 24, 2019
Germany
Still dont get the Chicgo, Columbus picks. Could just pick Kevin Stenlund and just whoever in Chicago instead. From what I get, Quenville is kind of of the least attractive guy in the field

Some RFAs is still not signed right? Geekie, Cale Fleury, Tyriminski, some other guy (Kole Lind) as well ( dont remember the name).

Geekie actually got re-signed by Carolina before we took him and is under contract for this upcoming season.
Lind was just re-signed by us.

Twarynski, Fleury and Cholowsky are still not signed yet.
Seattle Kraken Salary Cap, Draft Picks, and Player Contracts - CapFriendly - NHL Salary Caps

SwedishFire

Mar 3, 2011
Reactions: LokiDog

Anarchism

John Henry
May 23, 2019
northern alberta
Johansson if he is healthy can help alot.
Very fast ..can consistently beat defenders outside and has quite good playmaking skills.
However his hands are not great and he tends to avoid the physical play.
He can help alot with the lack of higher end centers even though he is doing it from the wing (either wing).

Reactions: andys

Anarchism

John Henry
May 23, 2019
northern alberta

The Columbus situation has extenuating circumstances.

SwedishFire

Mar 3, 2011
Not sure what you mean? If they remain unsigned then the Kraken lose their rights and they can sign wherever they please.

No. I mean, if they sogn with Kraken. Then they have a to large squad, and a lot of plYers has to pass though waivers..

Irie

Nov 14, 2010
Pacific Northwest

With Chicago and Columbus, I think it is pretty clear that Francis wanted nothing from either list, and was worried that taking anyone with a qualifying offer would not be tradable. He was obviously wrong in the case of Zadarov, but felt comfortable letting those opportunities go and not have to deal with RFA contracts.

It was a very conservative approach, but given the cap situation, a safe move and not a bad strategy, imo, all things considered.

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
Ok. Why didnt Seattle, take Hinstroza/Dickinson/Delia, Stenlund and Stecher in the x- draft? All are a more intruging fit than those taken.
Stecher has highlight reel plays once in every 10 games, but he sucks defensively in every game. He's small, gets overpowered easily, and makes bad defensive decisions. He's a decent skater but overestimates his own speed. He was healthy scratched by the 5th worst team in the league. I also don't think Hakstol wanted any players that have played for him in the past.

Cholowski is AHL fodder, the team should sign him to a 2 way contract. He can run the PP at the AHL level.

SwedishFire

Mar 3, 2011
Stecher has highlight reel plays once in every 10 games, but he sucks defensively in every game. He's small, gets overpowered easily, and makes bad defensive decisions. He's a decent skater but overestimates his own speed. He was healthy scratched by the 5th worst team in the league. I also don't think Hakstol wanted any players that have played for him in the past.

Cholowski is AHL fodder, the team should sign him to a 2 way contract. He can run the PP at the AHL level.
The StenlunD pick instead of nothing? Hinstroza? Bettrrpicks than those maked

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
The StenlunD pick instead of nothing? Hinstroza? Bettrrpicks than those maked
I was only commenting on the team I am familiar with. There was nothing of value to select from the Red Wings, Cholo was the cheapest option since he's RFA on a 2 way contract. If the Kraken had their own AHL team this season, I would have picked Barber. AHL superstar is worth more than their roster players, lol.

My opinion on the other players? Hinstroza is UFA, but I guess Stenlund would have made sense since he's RFA and young. Doubt he would have made the roster, and I would imagine his trade value is pretty low.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad