Speculation: 2021-22 Kraken Roster Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fistfullofbeer

May 9, 2011
Whidbey Island, WA
Well you could just ship it out to be stripped and re-done and it would still only cost you like $100-115 as opposed to getting a brand new one. Granted, I have no problem buying extra jerseys, but if you’re not in the mood to drop the money for a whole new sweater, getting them redone is an option.
Yeah. Will play it by ear. I really don't wear Jerseys all that often and am very selective about them. I have 3 total jerseys. Pavelski and Thornton Sharks jerseys AND Pavelski USA jersey.

Reactions: LokiDog

LokiDog

Get pucks deep. Get pucks to the net. And, uh…
Sep 13, 2018
Dallas
Yeah. Will play it by ear. I really don't wear Jerseys all that often and am very selective about them. I have 3 total jerseys. Pavelski and Thornton Sharks jerseys AND Pavelski USA jersey.

Yeah, I’ve gotten a bit more selective over the years but overall I’d still consider myself an enthusiast. When I was in my 20s I bought jerseys indiscriminately, loved having a big collection, hung them on my walls, etc. Now I put more thought into each jersey I buy.

Like I edited in my last post, I never buy the glued down kits that NHL shop and fanatics have, most of mine I got done up the Rangers’ actual customizer who works on the teams’ jerseys (they do other teams as well) or ice jerseys.com before they closed down last year. With the Kraken, I’m super enthused about them being both the new team and my local team, and I love the actual jersey, so I’m going to jump on the wagon early with my first choice, but later on I’ll be more selective if/when I decide on a different future player.

kihei

McEnroe: The older I get, the better I used to be.
Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
So at this moment in time, what does our first and second line look like if the season started tomorrow?

The Marquis

Aug 24, 2020
Washougal, WA
We had a whole 2 weeks of nearly non-stop hockey stimulation… now I’m bored. Two whole days without anything and I’m like “did some religious ‘poof’ happen and I’m left out?”

Fistfullofbeer

May 9, 2011
Whidbey Island, WA
I am trying to figure out what the plan is for our summer development camp. Most teams generally have one and their schedules are out but given the fact that we don't even have our arena finished and lack of a big enough prospect pool anyway, not sure if this is something that happens this year.

Has anyone heard/read much about this?

RainyCityHockey

Dec 24, 2019
Germany
I am trying to figure out what the plan is for our summer development camp. Most teams generally have one and their schedules are out but given the fact that we don't even have our arena finished and lack of a big enough prospect pool anyway, not sure if this is something that happens this year.

Has anyone heard/read much about this?

I heard they were "thinking" about holding a prospect training camp.

Also during their last report about the training center(starting at around the 14:55 min mark) King 5's Chris Daniels said that the rink will open on July 29th.

Though, I haven't heard anything about that since then.

kihei

McEnroe: The older I get, the better I used to be.
Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
We had a whole 2 weeks of nearly non-stop hockey stimulation… now I’m bored. Two whole days without anything and I’m like “did some religious ‘poof’ happen and I’m left out?”
I kind of like these brief periods of respite. Toronto is hockey madness 365 days of the year, 24/7. It's exhausting. Having Seattle as the favourite team seems much saner.

Dog

Arf! Arf! Arf!
Feb 9, 2016
Wasteland
I kind of like these brief periods of respite. Toronto is hockey madness 365 days of the year, 24/7. It's exhausting. Having Seattle as the favourite team seems much saner.
Over the years at least from my time as leaf fan from 1998-2021 it's simple as this to much media. It causes more harm and was hard to get certain players who would not sign there. Honestly, if I was hockey player would choose one of the smallest markets to want to play in. Would get tiring to just wanting to go out and have people want autographs it is time consuming. I love ice hockey but even I have limits.

gstommylee

Jan 31, 2012
image0.png

Irie

Nov 14, 2010
Pacific Northwest
Will be super interesting to see if any of these players actually make it to arbitration.

Given the current climate and a lot of mid-level UFAs signing bargain-bin contracts, I'd have to think players and their agents might be scared to let it go that far.

Curious to see what the arbitrator might award in some of these cases... could potentially see some guys get less than their qualifying offer. :popcorn:

The Marquis

Aug 24, 2020
Washougal, WA
Carrick is interesting. A perpetual “good AHL hand” to bring up when things get ugly with injuries. Not sure I get it, but he’s cheap amd I’m guessing it might signal an incoming trade.

Irie

Nov 14, 2010
Pacific Northwest
Carrick is interesting. A perpetual “good AHL hand” to bring up when things get ugly with injuries. Not sure I get it, but he’s cheap amd I’m guessing it might signal an incoming trade.
Well they are going to need to send some guys to Charlotte per their agreement, and as it stands, I'm pretty sure Borgen or H.Fleury won't clear waivers.

This signing may be to address that?

I definitely agree that a trade will likely happen before the season to move one of their extra D, but given that Francis may plan to move Gio at the deadline, he might want to keep an extra D on the roster and just roll with 13 forwards and recall as needed.

darrylsittler27

Oct 21, 2002
I don't know but I think I'm tired of the Leafs too. Worn out by an organization that continually sabotages itself and abuses it's fans. There is always something going on yet nothing ever happens. Supporting them next season has no meaning. Just another year invested and wasted. Go Kraken Go.

Reactions: MustySeason34

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
Isn’t the deal with arbitration that if it gets to the hearing that both parties agree to accept whatever the result?

Both sides have the option to walk away.

The arbitrator must make a decision within 48 hours of the hearing. When the decision is announced, the team has the right to decline or walk away from the award. If the team exercises this right, the player can declare himself an unrestricted free agent.

Your Guide to Understanding NHL Salary Arbitration

The Marquis

Aug 24, 2020
Washougal, WA
Thanks for the Clarification on arbitration.

How about that Marcus Johansson signing. A bit on the peculiar side if I'm being honest. Reclamation project? Guy peaked early and hasn't been as good the last few seasons. If he can get back to production from about 5 years ago, that contract is a bargain, but I'm not holding my breath. Regardless, still a good signing at that AAV... I wouldn't feel the same if his contract was the same as it had been the previous 2 seasons.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille