Rumor: 2021-2022 Trade Rumors and Free Agency Part VIII: All Rumors No Trades

Status
Not open for further replies.

JH21

Oct 20, 2019
I’d be f***ing outraged if they trade Byram. As if seeing Murray, Johnson & Johnson playing critical minutes isn’t nightmare fuel enough, gotta just burn it down.

Would remind me of desperation PL trading away a bunch of defensemen right before the lockout that would’ve helped the team significantly

We are still the best team in the league with those 3 guys and have 3 legit blue chip defenseman in our system.

Trade from a position of strength to address our weaknesses.

As I suggested Pearson and Miller for Byram and Jost. There is our Kadri and Burakovsky replacements for next year at a decent price.

AvsCOL

Jul 16, 2013
A really interesting bit from Daters recent post on Byram.

• Joe Sakic doesn’t say things publicly without it being his full, thought-out truth, and I think some underestimated when he said a few weeks back that “we’re still hoping to get him back” for this season, on the subject of Bo Byram. I’ve taken more of a “back off” approach when it comes to digging deep on his status, since he’s still technically on a personal leave from the team. I got quite a bit of flack for calling his dad right after he took the leave (though I wasn’t the only reporter to do that) and didn’t really enjoy the backlash much at all on that one. Normally, things roll of my back pretty easy when it comes to criticism, but I didn’t enjoy the perception that I was somehow invading someone’s privacy. I’m an aggressive reporter, yeah, but I don’t go digging into any player’s private life and I don’t write anything – anything – when I’m told it’s off the record. Byram’s dad went on the record with me – and I double-checked with him twice to make sure he was OK with his comments being on the record – but he later regretted it and asked me to take the story down. So that’s what I did. I don’t want any trouble, and I don’t want to feel like some a-hole who writes stuff behind their back.

/TLDR: Dater overstepped when he contacted Bowen’s father after he went on personal leave. I’m sure the Avs weren’t happy about Dater airing his struggles to the public.

Reactions: shadow1

Foppberg

Nov 20, 2016
Summerside, PEI

/TLDR: Dater overstepped when he contacted Bowen’s father after he went on personal leave. I’m sure the Avs weren’t happy about Dater airing his dirty laundry to the public.
Damn, an entire paragraph basically saying "I'm a nice guy, poor me"

Such a narcissist.

Avaholic29

Feb 5, 2014

/TLDR: Dater overstepped when he contacted Bowen’s father after he went on personal leave. I’m sure the Avs weren’t happy about Dater airing his struggles to the public.

Peter Baugh from the athletic also spoke with his parents.

AvsCOL

Jul 16, 2013
Peter Baugh from the athletic also spoke with his parents.

That was before his personal leave though, no? He published a big story with the blessing of Bowen himself, and interviewed his father as well as Bo.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
Ya baser on Baugh's track record you can safely assume he didn't cross any boundaries with his article. He's a respectful reporter.

Based on Daters track record, you can safely assume he crossed every boundary to write a shit story.

Ararana

Sep 22, 2013
Two Rivers
Ya baser on Baugh's track record you can safely assume he didn't cross any boundaries with his article. He's a respectful reporter.

Based on Daters track record, you can safely assume he crossed every boundary to write a shit story.

Couldn't help but notice only one article was taken down...

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Case closed

DjfVae4.png

Foppberg

Nov 20, 2016
Summerside, PEI
Too much 2nd hand embarrassment for me. I won't click play.
It's so bad, yet amazing. I can't imagine coming up with and thinking that's a good question to ask.

"hm.. maybe I'll throw out an F bomb and ask if he's thinking too much. Yeah, then ESPN will hire me for sure."

The Shermanator

HFBoards Legend
Jul 2, 2011
Ontario
Yah ill trade the entire roster for a cup but that's just me.

When I think about this I don't think I would. Yeah I'm a Colorado Avalanche fan. But when you think about it, that's really all the players on the team that we've grown to love (and hate) watching every second night all season.

If you told me we were trading our entire roster for another team's entire roster at the deadline and that new roster went on to win the cup, I don't think I'd care that much. I'd probably be cheering for whatever other team our players went to.

Bill Peckerskull

Fargin' Icehole
Feb 19, 2003
Castle Rock, CO

Here's the link to the article that mentions Bo

One name sure to interest our Vancouver audience that we were surprised to hear linked to the Canucks by one of our contacts this week, in conjunction with Colorado’s interest in Miller: Bowen Byram.

Not exactly a ringing endorsement for an imminent deal. That "contact" could be anyone, including Dater or Chambers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad