Rumor: 2021-2022 Trade Rumors and Free Agency Part VIII: All Rumors No Trades

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
Yeah if people don’t want to trade Byram for Miller that’s fine. You’re allowed to prefer keeping him. However people saying Miller isn’t worth Byram from a value perspective are out to lunch. Guy is 10th in league scoring, has C/W versatility and plays tough. Not to mention he has a nice cap hit and is signed for 2 years. That’s the kind of piece you’d have to give up to win a bidding war for JT Miller.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
Yeah if people don’t want to trade Byram for Miller that’s fine. You’re allowed to prefer keeping him. However people saying Miller isn’t worth Byram from a value perspective are out to lunch. Guy is 10th in league scoring, has C/W versatility and plays tough. Not to mention he has a nice cap hit and is signed for 2 years. That’s the kind of piece you’d have to give up to win a bidding war for JT Miller.
If Miller was signed for 2 more years I’d be way more interested. But a ~year and a 1/3 gives me hesitation.

ANewHope

Nuggets|Avs|Broncos
May 26, 2011
I wouldn’t do it for Miller, but like I posted earlier if you can pry Petey out with Byram you definitely look at that.

I’d move Byram for Petey in a second. Don’t think either team would move them tho. Outside of that I don’t think the Avs should move Byram unless there getting a long term high end solution at 2C. MacKinnon/Petey/Newhook for the next 6 years would be pretty insane.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
If Miller was signed for 2 more years I’d be way more interested. But a ~year and a 1/3 gives me hesitation.
So an extra 2/3’rds if a regular season would make it better? Why? We want this guy to win Stanley Cups and we’d get him for a shot at 2 of them. I couldn’t give a shit about how many regular season games we get him for.

The way my mind works, getting a guy for the end of this season and all of next means just as much to me than if we acquired him in September.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
News of the Avs wanting another center is what we’ve been waiting three years for. Let’s hope Friedman is right.

It makes sense with the names we've been most linked to so far this year. Eichel, Giroux, Miller, and now Copp(Though purely speculation from EF) are all Centers.

I think at this point its just going to come down to, are the Avs and Sakic/MacFarland actually willing to push all in on a deal and pay up to make it happen.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
You have to think Sakic is impressed with Newhook on the wing. I’ve been absolutely loving that Newhook-Kadri-Gabe line. Newhook had been focusing way too hard on being defensively responsible for most of the season imo. Giving him less responsibility and putting him on the wing has lead to him playing deeper in the Ozone and he has been using his creativity way more. His confidence is growing more and more with each game. I would love to add another C and keep Newhook on the wing for the rest of the year.

EdAVSfan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2009
If Joe did trade Byram for Miller +, the Avs won the cup, but then Miller and Toews both leave via UFA, would it be worth it?
Yes

We’ve entered into this world where people want 3 consecutive cups before you even get 1

Bill Peckerskull

Fargin' Icehole
Feb 19, 2003
Castle Rock, CO
News of the Avs wanting another center is what we’ve been waiting three years for. Let’s hope Friedman is right.
Let me rephrase that... He didn't say, "I know they are looking for another center," he said, "I think they are looking for another center." Pretty big difference, but he hears things, and we can all put 2 + 2 together with the rumors about Giroux, JTM, Pavelski, and Hertl.

Reactions: shadow1

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
So an extra 2/3’rds if a regular season would make it better? Why? We want this guy to win Stanley Cups and we’d get him for a shot at 2 of them. I couldn’t give a shit about how many regular season games we get him for.

The way my mind works, getting a guy for the end of this season and all of next means just as much to me than if we acquired him in September.
I don’t think the value is off or anything. But if we’re going to move Byram we can 100% get someone who can be here for longer than a year and a half. If Sakic did trade Byram for Miller I would get it though.

Avsboy

Dec 12, 2006
You have to think Sakic is impressed with Newhook on the wing. I’ve been absolutely loving that Newhook-Kadri-Gabe line. Newhook had been focusing way too hard on being defensively responsible for most of the season imo. Giving him less responsibility and putting him on the wing has lead to him playing deeper in the Ozone and he has been using his creativity way more. His confidence is growing more and more with each game. I would love to add another C and keep Newhook on the wing for the rest of the year.

I'm not impressed with that line. They haven't gotten on the scoreboard.

dmac7719

Apr 27, 2018
Ontario
Miller, the player, is good enough to warrant a Byram-esque prospect back in a trade. But, Miller in his current contract situation is not. In the past 5 years, when a prospect of Byram's caliber has been moved in a trade, the returning player has either had a long term contract still in place, or signed a new long term contract just after the trade. The shortest term being Pacioretty's 4 year contract. So Miller basically needs another 3 seasons left on his contract to be in the range of players that recent history dictates is worth a Byram-esqe prospect.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
I don’t think the value is off or anything. But if we’re going to move Byram we can 100% get someone who can be here for longer than a year and a half.
Like who? I mean I’m down for getting somebody who’s an even better fit but I don’t see many better fits than 2 years of JT Miller based on all the names rumored to be available.

Reactions: Richard88

Bill Peckerskull

Fargin' Icehole
Feb 19, 2003
Castle Rock, CO
Honestly, I would prefer keeping Byram and getting Giroux personally. I think Giroux fits more what they need. He's great on F/O's. He kills penalties. He's good in the room and a current captain. While he's slowed some offensively, keep in mind who he plays for and how beat up that team is. Put him on the Avs and I think his numbers get better in a hurry. You get all that, and you get to keep Bo.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
Has there been any news of McFarland scouting Vancouver? I know he’s been following Philly. You wouldn’t waste your main resources into watching the Philadelphia flyers if you’re considering trading Bo Byram to Vancouver. You’d be scouting the living hell out of that team to make sure you get this deal right.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
Like who? I mean I’m down for getting somebody who’s an even better fit but I don’t see many better fits than 2 years of JT Miller based on all the names rumored to be available.
I mean Byram being available would make some C’s available that aren’t rumored to be available I would think. But like I said, if Sakic does move him for Miller I would get it.

JH21

Oct 20, 2019
I'm not totally opposed to trading Byram, but I would hope it wasn't for JT Miller

JT Miller is the alpha we need. Dude is legit. He would be a monster on this team.

The thing is we are the best team in the league WITHOUT Byram right now. Our defense is stacked with prospects like Barron, Behrens and Helleson (if we can get him signed). Guys like Makar, Toews and Girard aren't going anywhere.

JT Miller and Tanner Pearson for Bowen Byram and Tyson Jost?

Burakovsky- Mackinnon- Rantanen
Landeskog- Kadri- Newhook
Pearson- Miller- Nichushkin
MacDermid- Compher- O'Connor
Helm - Aube Kubel

That's a sick group of forwards

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad