Rumor: 2021-2022 Trade Rumors and Free Agency Part VIII: All Rumors No Trades

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andrew Wiggin

Feb 8, 2020
Dhailiwal is legit so he almost certainly isn’t making it up. However that’s not to say the Canucks brass aren’t trying to put names like that out there to drive up the price. I mean look at why Lebrun was saying yesterday about how Vancouver doesn’t want to trade Miller. What a load of crap that is. There’s no way there’s that much fire around a player without them having some interest in moving him. A lot of this media fire is often team driven and I think Vancouver are proving it about as much as I remember seeing in recent memory.

Why would they want Byram, I thought they already had the best LHD in the NHL already :sarcasm:

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
Byram would certainly be a piece that ensures we get Miller. I dont believe it's true simply because of the Byram concussion stuff.

I'm sure the Byram fanboys will hate it but depending on the deal, I'd listen. I think he's one more bad hit away from retirement and if you can get really good value for him still(Like Miller+ sort if value) I think you have to at least explore that option.

AvsCOL

Jul 16, 2013
But it could also be really smart to move him now if he doesn’t come back the same. It’s a situation I wouldn’t want to have to figure out.

If they don't think Byram can return, then I don't think the trade happens at all. Avs have been patient with him, and I truly believe he's in the long term plans.

Miller is nice, but this trade doesn't feel like a Sakic move at all.

This would be the ultimate "sell low" situation imo

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
If they don't think Byram can return, then I don't think the trade happens at all. Avs have been patient with him, and I truly believe he's in the long term plans.

Miller is nice, but this trade doesn't feel like a Sakic move at all.

This would be the ultimate "sell low" situation imo
I wouldn’t do it for Miller, but like I posted earlier if you can pry Petey out with Byram you definitely look at that.

Reactions: AvsCOL

shadow1

Nov 29, 2008
I could stomach Byram for Miller only because of the huge red flags with Byram's health. But I'd definitely hope it was was a bigger deal with something more long term coming back Colorado's way (Garland? Hoglander?).

Obviously it was suck to lose Byram, especially if he eventually turned into a top defenseman. The counter argument to that is that this is Colorado's best chance to win a cup and Byram isn't even in the line-up; whereas Miller is one of the highest scoring players in the NHL. It would be a gargantuan short term upgrade.

That said, I seriously doubt it happens. Barron+ for Giroux (while keeping Byram), please.

Reactions: Avsboy and AvsCOL

Spleenless Wonder21

Done like dinner
Jun 29, 2009
Ohio
Myers. But it could be Kreider too

Ah, thanks!

way-off.gif

Reactions: Peter Peckerwood

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
What if you could get both Miller AND Garland in the deal? Obviously it would be Byram++ but if you could shore up 2/3 of the 2nd line for next year already and for really cheap, its worth exploring. Garland would be an excellent Burakovsky replacement next year. Signed to almost the exact same cap hit as Burakovsky is right now, and signed for 4 more years. He's 25 now so he'd be 29 when his contract expires, that's exactly the type of player Joe would target IMO.

But I really dont think Byram is even remotely available. For one, I dont think the Avs are going to move the kid while he's not even healthy and playing right now, and I dont think he's going to get healthy before the deadline, I dont think we see him playing again until April.

The other thing is, I have a really hard time believing the Canucks would be willing to pay even close to Byrams full value right now given the concussion concerns. That seems like way too much risk to be taking on for the very real chance Byram either never gets fully healthy again, or even if he does get healthy maybe its changed the way he plays and he never hits that full potential because of the injury concerns.

I dont think the Avs should be in the business of selling Byram for pennies on the dollar at all. I wouldn't trade Byram right now unless you're sure you're getting 100% of his value regardless of the concussion stuff, and I dont see any team forking over that kind of value right now.

Tralfamadore

Don't Panic.
Sep 25, 2011
I don't think Byram for JT is THAT crazy. The issue is that Miller only has another year left. If he was signed for 4 years that's a no brainer for me.

Ararana

Sep 22, 2013
Two Rivers

lol wow I didn't know Bo's dad called Dater back and told him to take the article down. lol Dater...

• Joe Sakic doesn’t say things publicly without it being his full, thought-out truth, and I think some underestimated when he said a few weeks back that “we’re still hoping to get him back” for this season, on the subject of Bo Byram. I’ve taken more of a “back off” approach when it comes to digging deep on his status, since he’s still technically on a personal leave from the team. I got quite a bit of flack for calling his dad right after he took the leave (though I wasn’t the only reporter to do that) and didn’t really enjoy the backlash much at all on that one. Normally, things roll of my back pretty easy when it comes to criticism, but I didn’t enjoy the perception that I was somehow invading someone’s privacy. I’m an aggressive reporter, yeah, but I don’t go digging into any player’s private life and I don’t write anything – anything – when I’m told it’s off the record. Byram’s dad went on the record with me – and I double-checked with him twice to make sure he was OK with his comments being on the record – but he later regretted it and asked me to take the story down. So that’s what I did. I don’t want any trouble, and I don’t want to feel like some a-hole who writes stuff behind their back.

• This all leads me back to writing what “I’m hearing” on Byram, which is that things have gone well since he’s resumed skating. And, that it’s looking more likely he’ll attempt to make a return before the end of the regular season. Keep in mind, though: anything could change at any minute. With concussion stuff, you just can’t make any hard and fast predictions. But things seem positive again, and when a guy like Sakic publicly says the Avs “hope” to have him back, you can’t easily dismiss the importance of that statement.

Legit laughing at Dater quoting "I'm hearing"... he definitely reads these boards.

Last edited:
Reactions: MaKarter

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
I don't think Byram for JT is THAT crazy. The issue is that Miller only has another year left. If he was signed for 4 years that's a no brainer for me.
That’s my only sticking point with Miller. I’d probably do it with an extra year on the contract but a year and a half I think just isn’t worth it for me.

Bill Peckerskull

Fargin' Icehole
Feb 19, 2003
Castle Rock, CO

Friedge wonders about Copp and if the Avs are interested in him. Nothing but speculation on his part. He didn't say he heard they are after him, just said he knows they want another Center, and wonders if they are interested.

Reactions: shadow1
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad