GDT: 2021-2022 Trade Deadline frenzy

Status
Not open for further replies.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
So looking back, who has improved?

- Colorado Avalanche: Yes. Lehkonen, Manson, and Sturm without giving up anything except Jost. Good chance we'll get Byram back as well at some time.

- Florida Panthers: Yes. Giroux is a luxury piece, but a damn good luxury piece that makes the best forward group even better. Defence is still suspect for me and inconsistent goaltending.

- Calgary Flames: Yes. Toffoli is solid player, Carpenter is solid bottom 6, and Jarnkrok is good. I think Calle is overrated, but Flames have legitimate depth, however, do they have the top end talent though?

- Carolina Hurricanes: No. I do think of all the teams, Canes are the best fit for Domi, but does he put them over the edge on the other teams in the South? I don't think so.

- Edmonton Oilers: No. Even though Kulak is an upgrade, the amount of stuff they gave away for him and Brassard is nuts. They didn't fix goaltending and I think they're on the back of the coaching-change surge that teams always get.

- Minnesota Wild: Yes. How much though? You lot know I am not a Fleury fan and him being 37 years old doesn't really inspire confidence in him lasting the entire postseason. Again, he's been pulled from the starter in the last four of six playoff years. Then you trade a very good up-and-coming goaler in Kahkonen. Just lol. They did load up crazy with toughness and physicality, so I am very interested to see how far they go.

- New York Rangers: Yes. Doesn't matter whoever they got, Igor himself can pull out his inner Giguere and single-handily take a team to the Finals. Hart winner for me.

- Pittsburgh Penguins: Yes. They got better, but goaltending is iffy for an deep playoff run.

- St. Louis Blues: No. Leddy is good depth, but not at the price they paid and the season he just had. Could be Nemeth 2.0 for this playoffs.

- Tampa Bay Lightning: Yes. Absolutely yes and thankfully for us they have a bloodbath path to the conference finals this time.

- Toronto Maple Leafs: Yes. Similar to the Wild though, how much better?

- Vegas Golden Knights: No. Their main piece of the TDL will be getting a healthy Lehner and Stone back.

- Washington Capitals: Neutral. Some pieces, but they aren't going to win or lose from them. It will be because of their lack of consistent goaltending which includes the likes of Leafs and Penguins.

Not trying to be biased at all, but I think Avs improved the most of any team on that list. Lightning made brilliant moves and are favourites for the Cup once again, but I am not sure how they get out of that division healthy or not using more energy than that is absolutely necessary. On paper they are better than Avs, Panthers are better than us, and who else? Flames, a healthy Knights squad, or Hurricanes?

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Oh please let that Vegas trade get rejected...

d91.gif

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Who the error is on will be rather interesting… none of this will really matter, but it will be interesting.

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
You’re paying a 1st round pick to trade EJ. I imagine that’ll go over well with the fans bitching about trading a 1st the guy that had two shutouts last week.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Canucks: We need cap space
Media: So you're gonna trade all your good players, right?
Canucks: No, Hamonic for a pick is just fine
That was actually a brilliant move on their part. They dump a salary and player they didn’t like and even got an asset in return.

We’ll see what Allvin does this offseason. I think he’s a pretty smart guy, has some messes to clean up.

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
Come on folks, give those Canadian reporters a break. They haven't had a Canadian team win the cup since 1993. Let them have their little enjoyment for the Flames right now because they're gonna be disappointed again at the end of the playoffs

Reactions: Alienblood

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
One of my friends just told me that Dadonov's no trade list never got submitted? I'd be pissed! Is that an agent blunder or team issue?
Reportedly it WAS submitted, but either the Sens didn’t mention it or the Endless Summer Knights didn’t check into it. Either way it’s an absolutely horrid look for Vegas and sets up a potentially ugly standoff with Dadonov.

forsbergavs32

Global Moderator
Jan 21, 2011
Fresno,CA
Reportedly it WAS submitted, but either the Sens didn’t mention it or the Endless Summer Knights didn’t check into it. Either way it’s an absolutely horrid look for Vegas and sets up a potentially ugly standoff with Dadonov.

Yeah if it turns out that this mess is on Vegas I can’t see Dadonov trying very hard for them down the stretch/into the playoffs

Reactions: Pokecheque
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad