Prospect Info: 2021-2022 Senators Prospect Watch

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
So @BondraTime you got tickets to this?

Should be a dandy.

I'd have tickets aside if I was able to use them, but no chance I'm able to use them unfortunately. Moved from Saint John back to Newfoundland a few years ago, and will not be in the Maritimes again until October.

Used a week of vacation on a trip to Ottawa/Toronto next week actually, and won't be in the Maritimes for work again until October

mianjo

Jan 16, 2009
3 assists so far for senator prospect Philippe Daoust in a 4-1 lead over Hamilton

Saint John win 5-3

STARS OF THE GAME​

27768.jpg

FIRST
Philippe Daoust
Saint John

Last edited:

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
Who are we think are the Senators top-10 prospects? Here are my top 10:

#1: D - Jake Sanderson

#2: C - Shane Pinto

#3: C - Ridly Greig

#4: RD - Lassi Thomson

#5: C - Mark Kastelic

#6: RW - Roby Jarventie

#7: LW - Zack Ostapchuk

#8: RW - Yegor Sokolov

#9: G - Mads Sogaard

#10: C - Oliver Johansson

HM: Tyler Kleven, Jacob Bernard-Docker, Tyler Boucher, Viktor Lodin
I think JBD should be on that list at about #5.

Reactions: GermanSpitfire

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Pretty good game going on between Edmonton and Shawinigan in the Mem Cup right now.
Shawinigan just took the lead 4-3 . .. now halfway thru the 3rd.
Its been back and forth. Shawinigan tied it 3-3 and now has the lead on a great play from Maverik Bourque in a battle with Guhle.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
Pretty good game going on between Edmonton and Shawinigan in the Mem Cup right now.
Shawinigan just took the lead 4-3 . .. now halfway thru the 3rd.
Its been back and forth. Shawinigan tied it 3-3 and now has the lead on a great play from Maverik Bourque in a battle with Guhle.
Honestly blows my mind watching the tournament that both Nadeau and Dufour lasted until the 4th and 5th rounds the past 2 drafts, seemed extremely strange to me at the time, looks even stranger now.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Honestly blows my mind watching the tournament that both Nadeau and Dufour lasted until the 4th and 5th rounds the past 2 drafts, seemed extremely strange to me at the time, looks even stranger now.
Nice to see the Q get 2 early wins against a couple very highly touted teams

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Isn't it interesting that the four UND players are all in most people's top 10 prospects list for the Sens & three of them are defencemen?

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Dufour puts the Dogs out in Front of the Oil Kings. 3 unanswered 3-2

Daoust tried an ill advised cross ice pass in the Ozone and was picked off.. he recovered .. stole the puck back and gave it to Dufour who came in uncontested and scored on a wrister from the slot.

dumbdick

Galactic Defender
May 31, 2008
Anyone follow Leevi a lot this season? His numbers don't look great. How did he look?

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013
Anyone follow Leevi a lot this season? His numbers don't look great. How did he look?

I have been checking in and out. It is a pretty solid season for a first year goalie on NA ice.

Middle of the pack in terms of GAA/SV% and third in wins.

Honestly he is my pick for the goalie to rise out of the crop from our pool.

mianjo

Jan 16, 2009
Shawinigan leading 1-0 early in 1st over Saint John

2-0 still in 1st

Last edited:

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Pageau replacement (?)

Pageau replacement is Shane Pinto. Pinto has more size and a better shot though

I don't have a comparable for Daoust yet but there's still some road ahead. He's more a good darkhorse prospect because he's far from a guarantee for the NHL.

It remains to be seen if he has enough speed/size/hockey IQ to succeed in the pros. Hopeful he breaks out next season. Covid and injuries really haven't helped his development, not a lot of hockey played

Reactions: Sun God Nika

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
Pageau replacement is Shane Pinto. Pinto has more size and a better shot though

I don't have a comparable for Daoust yet but there's still some road ahead. He's more a good darkhorse prospect because he's far from a guarantee for the NHL.

It remains to be seen if he has enough speed/size/hockey IQ to succeed in the pros. Hopeful he breaks out next season. Covid and injuries really haven't helped his development, not a lot of hockey played
Yeah he’s not a great comparison to pageau but I’m reaching to fill that French middle six darkhorse spot in my mind. I like daoust and hope he makes it but really it doesn’t matter too much.

Reactions: Xspyrit

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
Yeah he’s not a great comparison to pageau but I’m reaching to fill that French middle six darkhorse spot in my mind. I like daoust and hope he makes it but really it doesn’t matter too much.
He’s from Barrie , only in the Q because he never made the OHL.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad