2021-2022 Season: Roster moves/Line-ups/Injuries/Call-ups

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
DJ isn’t taking his most used RW and playing him on the 4th line … zero chance that happens.
I don’t disagree I was just admiring how you said Joseph/Brown won’t be playing 4th line with what we have on the right side rather than saying they will both play ahead of White.

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019
I don’t disagree I was just admiring how you said Joseph/Brown won’t be playing 4th line with what we have on the right side rather than saying they will both play ahead of White.

If that’s your opinion you should make it without putting words in my mouth. My point stands as written.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013

So Ottawa knows Kastelic is a big part of the BSens right?
And... they know Belleville is in a tooth and nail fight for a playoff spot right?
And... they have a pretty good idea of who Kastelic is as a player right?
And... they already had a 1st round pick player they traded Brown for and who's warranty had not expired in the lineup right?

Reactions: aragorn

Dan Patrick

Mar 11, 2020
Let me start by saying this is in no way is an endorsement to play White above C.Brown and should not be taken as such.

I dont see why havimg CBrown or Joseph on the 4th line is that big a deal. Playoff teams have good players on the 4th line all the time. You shuffle things around when you play chippier teams but playing Watson on the 4th line so he can fight every three to four games seems like a waste when there are better options available.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004

So Ottawa knows Kastelic is a big part of the BSens right?
And... they know Belleville is in a tooth and nail fight for a playoff spot right?
And... they have a pretty good idea of who Kastelic is as a player right?
And... they already had a 1st round pick player they traded Brown for and who's warranty had not expired in the lineup right?

I wonder if that has to do with them playing Montreal on Saturday? Or someone else is hurt.
Let me start by saying this is in no way is an endorsement to play White above C.Brown and should not be taken as such.

I dont see why havimg CBrown or Joseph on the 4th line is that big a deal. Playoff teams have good players on the 4th line all the time. You shuffle things around when you play chippier teams but playing Watson on the 4th line so he can fight every three to four games seems like a waste when there are better options available.
Well Watson does more than fight, he is a very good defensive forward, he blocks shots & he has been scoring lately while White is mostly invisible most games. C. Brown has been one of this team's most productive players until he got injured this yr & continues to be a stand out on the PK along with Formenton. He is also a pretty good playmaker who makes the line he plays on better. And in a playoff situation you want your tougher players & guys that are hard to play against in the lineup in case thinks go south. I would much prefer Watson in the lineup than White IMO he is more important to the team's success.

Dan Patrick

Mar 11, 2020
I wonder if that has to do with them playing Montreal on Saturday? Or someone else is hurt.

Well Watson does more than fight, he is a very good defensive forward, he blocks shots & he has been scoring lately while White is mostly invisible most games. C. Brown has been one of this team's most productive players until he got injured this yr & continues to be a stand out on the PK along with Formenton. He is also a pretty good playmaker who makes the line he plays on better. And in a playoff situation you want your tougher players & guys that are hard to play against in the lineup in case thinks go south. I would much prefer Watson in the lineup than White IMO he is more important to the team's success.

Yeah, this is a better place for this discussion as we kind of ended up in the same place as the Prospect thread. I agree with you that White should not be played ahead of C.Brown, I think what I was trying to get at is the C.Brown does a lot of what Watson does but better. I think I'm just advocating for a situation where C.Brown is playing behind Batherson, Joseph, Pinto, or a better offseason RW pickup not because he's not a good player but because having the ability to play four lines with good players on them means we have the best chance to win. As well, and as you said, C.Brown makes his line mates better which I think is the exact kind of player you want in a depth position.

Ultimately my point is probably moot as it's unlikely that we have that kind of depth because we won't rotate Pinto to RW and we won't be picking up a better RW option than Joseph or C.Brown. I suspect our RW depth to be Bath, Joseph, C.Brown until the TDL when it becomes anyones guess.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Yeah, this is a better place for this discussion as we kind of ended up in the same place as the Prospect thread. I agree with you that White should not be played ahead of C.Brown, I think what I was trying to get at is the C.Brown does a lot of what Watson does but better. I think I'm just advocating for a situation where C.Brown is playing behind Batherson, Joseph, Pinto, or a better offseason RW pickup not because he's not a good player but because having the ability to play four lines with good players on them means we have the best chance to win. As well, and as you said, C.Brown makes his line mates better which I think is the exact kind of player you want in a depth position.

Ultimately my point is probably moot as it's unlikely that we have that kind of depth because we won't rotate Pinto to RW and we won't be picking up a better RW option than Joseph or C.Brown. I suspect our RW depth to be Bath, Joseph, C.Brown until the TDL when it becomes anyones guess.
It will be interesting to see what happens with C. Brown given that he is going into his UFA yr next season. We know the coach loves him & he is going to be due a raise, but how much is going to be an interesting topic for next season. They could trade him to fill a weakness somewhere else, but I'm just not sure that will happen. Remember we still don't know what we have in Joseph, it's been a short sample size. Will he be able to outscore C. Brown remains to be seen, he hasn't so far & if Brown didn't get hurt he could be right up there again as a team leader in pts for this team.

C. Brown is so good on the PK, he's also a very good playmaker that doesn't get mentioned enough & he's a very hard guy to play against since he has a non-stop mortor & is always fighting for puck possession. He is a monster two way solid hockey player who just doesn't have the finish that we all wish he could develop. He's be McDavid if he could finish. :laugh:

Reactions: Dan Patrick

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005

The way DJ talked it’s Stützle.

Reactions: aragorn

Play

Time to play the game
Nov 12, 2021
Russia
PENGUINS NATION ( :stanley:2009 :stanley:2016 :stanley:2017 ) COMING IN PEACE

Had a question regarding your guy's POWERPLAY unit, have they been mixing and matching or have they remained the same the whole year?

Thanks

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
PENGUINS NATION ( :stanley:2009 :stanley:2016 :stanley:2017 ) COMING IN PEACE

Had a question regarding your guy's POWERPLAY unit, have they been mixing and matching or have they remained the same the whole year?

Thanks
Chabot, Norris and Batherson have each been out for long stretches so it’s been mixed all year.

Reactions: DrEasy and Play

TheDebater

Peace be upon you
Mar 10, 2016
Ottawa
All I ask for this season is to watch at least one game with all of our young players healthy and dressed.

If Pinto is back, then we are only one Jake Sanderson away (and no other injuries) from icing a line up with a glimpse into our future.

Too bad it did not happen earlier but injuries are part of the game and you just have to deal with it.

OD99

Oct 13, 2012
All I ask for this season is to watch at least one game with all of our young players healthy and dressed.

If Pinto is back, then we are only one Jake Sanderson away (and no other injuries) from icing a line up with a glimpse into our future.

Too bad it did not happen earlier but injuries are part of the game and you just have to deal with it.
Doesnt look like it's going to happen but we should dominate the rookie tourney.

I am excited for Belleville playoffs now and seeing those guys battle.

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013
With what we got in the system .

Tkachuk - Stutzle - Norris
Formenton - Pinto - Batherson
Joseph - White - Brown
Kelly - Kastelic - Watson

Chabot - Zub
Sanderson - Hamonic
Holden - Zaitsev
Brannstrom - Thomson