2021-2022 Season: Roster moves/Line-ups/Injuries/Call-ups

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019
Was never worried and I understand why - same reason Mete was a winger last night.

Still seems odd with the options they had but whatever.

I think Kelly deserves the odd look. He’s got 5 goals in limited games and beat goalies with permiter shots.

We’ve rolled out lots of players on those top two lines who we “think” are better but their numbers off their gifted prime minutes don’t even match up with Kelly’s off the fourth line.

More importantly he’s playing the way the org wants to and when the team is desperate to plug some holes it’s nice to see them reward a guy doing it the right way -

Last edited:

OD99

Oct 13, 2012
I think Kelly deserves the odd look. He’s got 5 goals in limited games and beat goalies with permiter shots.

We’ve rolled out lots of players on those top two lines who we “think” are better but their numbers off their gifted prime minutes don’t even match up with Kelly’s off the fourth line.

More importantly he’s playing the way the org wants to and when the team is desperate to plug some holes it’s nice to see them reward a guy doing it the right way -
I'm not looking to add to the White convo.

Happy Kelly got his few minutes up there and I like him. He should be a good 4th line guy who can add some energy to the 3rd in a pinch.

armani

High Jacques
Apr 8, 2005
Uranus
Weird, he's done nothing in the AHL. I'd rather have Soko up, or give Jarventie one carrot. But whatev.

If Belleville was not in the hunt for post season, I think both would have been given a look, especially Sokolov. As it stands, both are vital to Belleville's chances to make the post season, while local boy Senyshyn gets a look to see if it's worth extending him next season to another 2-way deal.

Reactions: God Says No

God Says No

Mar 16, 2012
If Belleville was not in the hunt for post season, I think both would have been given a look, especially Sokolov. As it stands, both are vital to Belleville's chances to make the post season, while local boy Senyshyn gets a look to see if it's worth extending him next season to another 2-way deal.

Yeah, makes sense. I don't think Senyshyn is vital to BSens. He does need a new deal, so highly unlikely he comes back next season.

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019
I'm not looking to add to the White convo.

Happy Kelly got his few minutes up there and I like him. He should be a good 4th line guy who can add some energy to the 3rd in a pinch.

It’s formy, Sanford, Gaudette, Ennis etc … a bunch of them. Kelly has earned a token look.

I think we agree of Kellys value.

Last edited:

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Tierny, Gaudette, Ennis & Gambrell should all be gone at season's end which should open up a few spots to fight for at next season's training camp.

FunkySeeFunkyDoo

Feb 3, 2009
Ottawa
Tierny, Gaudette, Ennis & Gambrell should all be gone at season's end which should open up a few spots to fight for at next season's training camp.
I think one of Gaudette, Ennis or Gambrell are back next year, simply to fill the 13th forward role and maybe offer insurance in case one of the young forwards craps the bed in camp.

Not sure which one it will be.... but if I had a vote it’d be Ennis.

FunkySeeFunkyDoo

Feb 3, 2009
Ottawa
What's the claim here, that they waited too long to investigate, that they dug up unflaturing stuff and were afraid to publish till after he was dead or that they delayed out of respect for his illness?

They'd been working on it since 2020, had he maintained his health I'm pretty sure Strang would have no issues publishing based on her history
Pretty sure you are quoting the wrong post here....

Reactions: aragorn

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Pretty sure you are quoting the wrong post here....
It appears as though I am....

e58.gif

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Weird, he's done nothing in the AHL. I'd rather have Soko up, or give Jarventie one carrot. But whatev.
I' m glad they picked him to come up. He has done precious little in Belleville. If he plays great up here ... good for him. He gets a chance to go on the road , play a couple games .. maybe one or two more and he'll go back down

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
I’d rather not call anyone up, until Belleville clinches a spot, if it’s not necessary.

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
I think one of Gaudette, Ennis or Gambrell are back next year, simply to fill the 13th forward role and maybe offer insurance in case one of the young forwards craps the bed in camp.

Not sure which one it will be.... but if I had a vote it’d be Ennis.
Probably Gambrell as he is a centre.

Reactions: DrEasy

RAFI BOMB

May 11, 2016
I' m glad they picked him to come up. He has done precious little in Belleville. If he plays great up here ... good for him. He gets a chance to go on the road , play a couple games .. maybe one or two more and he'll go back down
As you predicted.

TheNewEra

Jul 10, 2013

this really would be the ideal situation. If we get rid of them and bring in a replacement 2-3 million veteran forward in our bottom 6 (besides our top 6 target and top 4 defense target) it would be a good move while following this teams motto of bringing in veterans.

Bjugstad would be a good target imo

Samsquanch

Raging Bull Squatch
Nov 28, 2008
Sudbury
Giroux-Stu-Batherson
Chuck-Norris-Joseph/Brown
Formenton-Pinto-White
Kastelic-Kelly-Brown/Joseph
Watson

Edit: read the title wrong and thought this was next season talk... d'oh

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
Giroux-Stu-Batherson
Formenton-Pinto-White
Watson

Re-sign Gambrell as a 13th or 14th forward. He’s someone you can shuffle up and down to Belleville, way better than than the Bishop/Shaw types and losing him on waivers doesn’t hurt.

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019
Joseph or Brown on the 4th line is redicilous . Watson plays 4RW until someone outside Brady can hit or fight (deter) someone.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Giroux-Stu-Batherson
Formenton-Pinto-White
Watson

If you plan on running Brown on the 4th line you trade him asap before his value drops. He'd be extremely desirable for a contender with his versatile game and low cap hit. We might not be able to afford re-signing him so moving him now might be in the best interest.

Realistically though I suspect we move White given the smoke this trade deadline, that frees up the third line RW spot where either Brown or Joseph makes more sense.

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019
If you plan on running Brown on the 4th line you trade him asap before his value drops. He'd be extremely desirable for a contender with his versatile game and low cap hit. We might not be able to afford re-signing him so moving him now might be in the best interest.

Realistically though I suspect we move White given the smoke this trade deadline, that frees up the third line RW spot where either Brown or Joseph makes more sense.

Nobody plays Brown or Joseph 4th line with that group of RW’s.

Reactions: aragorn

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad