2021-2022 S Blues Multi Purpose Thread Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

simon IC

Sponsor
Sep 8, 2007
Canada
My ideal scenario is to send Tank to NJ for Severenson and futures. That upgrades 3rd pairing and creates cap space to add someone like Provorov or Chycrun (dealing Barbie and Scandella and futures) and retain Leddy on team-friendly deal (and Perron of course). Would be a bit weaker up front but our D would stack up with anyone 1-6.
Not that keen on Severson. Some NJ fans were down on his defensive abilities. Also, he is a RD. Do you really want to pay a guy over 4m to play 3rd pairing behind Parayko and Faulk? The guy I want from NJ is Bahl.

Reactions: Moose and Squirrel

Stealth JD

Don't condescend me, man.
Sponsor
Jan 16, 2006
Bonita Springs, FL
For the sheer entertainment of the spectacle, the Blues should weaken the Avs by signing Kadri as a UFA. Granted Army would have to move some other pieces; but he was a guy the Blues inquired about years ago and had interest in way back in his draft year. Like Tom Wilson, you'd rather have him on your side instead of taking out your own players as an opponent. I'm sure heads would explode; but eventually I'm sure people would get over it.

:laugh:

Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
Not that keen on Severson. Some NJ fans were down on his defensive abilities. Also, he is a RD. Do you really want to pay a guy over 4m to play 3rd pairing behind Parayko and Faulk? The guy I want from NJ is Bahl.
Would be for 1 year, couldn’t afford him long term. But would be huge upgrade for 3rd pairing. How is Bahl with the puck/in transition? That was always worry with him. Don’t need another Miko.

PocketNines

Cutter's Way
Apr 29, 2004
Badlands
For the sheer entertainment of the spectacle, the Blues should weaken the Avs by signing Kadri as a UFA. Granted Army would have to move some other pieces; but he was a guy the Blues inquired about years ago and had interest in way back in his draft year. Like Tom Wilson, you'd rather have him on your side instead of taking out your own players as an opponent. I'm sure heads would explode; but eventually I'm sure people would get over it.

lol

Wait until the Avs sign Husso ...

Stupendous Yappi

Idiot Control Now!
Sponsor
Aug 23, 2018
Erwin, TN

Good grief. I can see the future. Kadri will be suspended next playoffs for concussing Makar.

BlueMed

Jul 18, 2019

And how do you think Kadri's presence would affect the locker room chemistry after he intentionally injured our player(s)?

Brian39

Apr 24, 2014
I'm definitely not in favor of making Kadri the highest cap hit on the team and that is absolutely what it would take to get him here. Ignoring how it would impact the locker room, I think his next contract is going to be absolutely terrible for whoever signs it.

Hard pass.

Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
I'm definitely not in favor of making Kadri the highest cap hit on the team and that is absolutely what it would take to get him here. Ignoring how it would impact the locker room, I think his next contract is going to be absolutely terrible for whoever signs it.

Hard pass.
He had a career year at 31 this year on a loaded team. All the dirty play aside, he's been good player for years but never approached this. If someone pays him based on this year's production for his 32+ seasons that seems like an awful idea. Hard pass.

Renard

Nov 14, 2011
St. Louis, MO
This is probably asking for the moon, but;

1. Can Kyrou be fixed in the offseason? I don't hope that he can be another Bob Gainey, but can he be made to use his speed defensively, and to play good positional defense.

2. Can Mikkola be taught to handle the puck? The man has size, a mean streak, good skater. But can he learn to be good with the puck when he hasn't learned it in the 15 years or so that he has been playing hockey?

I trust Armstrong to improve the team with an acquisition or two, but it would be great if we could get improvement from within.

BadgersandBlues

Jun 6, 2011
Well I'm feeling a lot better about the Blues as of this morning - we're now officially the only team to have beaten Colorado AT ALL in these playoffs, and we did it TWICE haha.

I think maybe we're closer to another Cup then I'm giving us credit for.

Brian39

Apr 24, 2014
Well I'm feeling a lot better about the Blues as of this morning - we're now officially the only team to have beaten Colorado AT ALL in these playoffs, and we did it TWICE haha.

I think maybe we're closer to another Cup then I'm giving us credit for.
The Oilers sweep didn't move the needle for me at all. That is a deeply flawed team that made it this far because of the playoff format and because the Drai-McDavid-Kane went on a ridiculous heater. There wasn't a single point during the season that I thought they were in the same tier as the Blues and there wasn't a single point where I believed that they had NHL-caliber goaltending. Them allowing 22 goals in 4 games to be swept doesn't do anything to tell me how close we were.

Similar story with Nashville. Saros was the only thing that kept Nashville in the same ballpark to our team, so them losing 4 straight without him doesn't tell me anything about where we are.

There are a lot of positives to take away from our series and a couple major "what if" questions given the D injuries and Binner going down mid-series. It is impressive that we took them to 6 and we could have won that series with health. But we still would have needed Binner to maintain that .940 caliber play to get it done, which is far from a given.

I'm very curious about the Final. If Colorado walks Tampa or New York in 4 or 5, then I'll feel even better about going to 6.

Reactions: The Note

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
The Oilers sweep didn't move the needle for me at all. That is a deeply flawed team that made it this far because of the playoff format and because the Drai-McDavid-Kane went on a ridiculous heater. There wasn't a single point during the season that I thought they were in the same tier as the Blues and there wasn't a single point where I believed that they had NHL-caliber goaltending. Them allowing 22 goals in 4 games to be swept doesn't do anything to tell me how close we were.

Similar story with Nashville. Saros was the only thing that kept Nashville in the same ballpark to our team, so them losing 4 straight without him doesn't tell me anything about where we are.

There are a lot of positives to take away from our series and a couple major "what if" questions given the D injuries and Binner going down mid-series. It is impressive that we took them to 6 and we could have won that series with health. But we still would have needed Binner to maintain that .940 caliber play to get it done, which is far from a given.

I'm very curious about the Final. If Colorado walks Tampa or New York in 4 or 5, then I'll feel even better about going to 6.
I think the point is basically that the Pacific is weak, so if we can get past Colorado, it's a pretty easy path to the Finals. Calgary flopping makes it a bit more clear that we are the #2 team in the West.

Reactions: mk80 and Brian39

WeWentBlues

May 3, 2017
Listening to Jamie Rivers on 101 just now and some of the numbers he mentioned on a Perron extension are in the 4.5-5.5M range and he even mentioned a 7M number.

Xerloris

reckless optimism
Jun 9, 2015
St.Louis
I'm going to throw out a name that I suspect will get met with much criticism. But I wonder if this could be another case where the player looks way better in the Blues system than he has in recent years. If I had one hesitation, it would be the years remaining on the contract. However, I think the cost to acquire this player would be very cheap and depending on retention, would be an overall good fit for the roster and cap structure of the team.

His name?

Oliver Ekman-Larsson.

I think Maroon is a FA again this summer and I hope we pick him up.

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
Listening to Jamie Rivers on 101 just now and some of the numbers he mentioned on a Perron extension are in the 4.5-5.5M range and he even mentioned a 7M number.
So basically he has no clue and thinks it will be anywhere between 4.5 - 7, which anybody could have guessed.

Reactions: ItsOnlytheRiver
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad