2021-2022 S Blues Multi Purpose Thread Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

PocketNines

Cutter's Way
Apr 29, 2004
Badlands
Once we get past 10M combined for Perron and Leddy we are in territory where other options are foreclosed. You absolutely cannot blame both players for fairly believing they are valuable veterans for Cup contenders for several more years each, because they both are. That's why we want to sign them. It doesn't sound like they are in discount mood, but it does sound like they're in reasonable mood. Blues just can't afford two reasonable contracts, one has to give.

BlueMed

Jul 18, 2019
Once we get past 10M combined for Perron and Leddy we are in territory where other options are foreclosed. You absolutely cannot blame both players for fairly believing they are valuable veterans for Cup contenders for several more years each, because they both are. That's why we want to sign them. It doesn't sound like they are in discount mood, but it does sound like they're in reasonable mood. Blues just can't afford two reasonable contracts, one has to give.

Totally agree. I'm in the camp of bolstering the D core really hard as I've emphasized many times already. It's much more important in the playoffs, and people seem to forget that Vegas will be back next year too. We have plenty of forward options already.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
14 days until the draft
20 days until the start of free agency

Still not any closer to what this team might look like next year.
I don't think we'll learn much until the draft. Only thing we've learned is that Perron wasn't going to immediately jump to sign at a massive discount, but that's sort of a duh type thing. What Army can do will be dependent on what things we trade away.

MissouriMook

Still just a Mook among men
Sponsor
Jul 4, 2014
14 days until the draft
20 days until the start of free agency

Still not any closer to what this team might look like next year.
Time will tell, but I feel like it is less than 50/50 that we actually use our 1st round pick, and my guess would be that it would be even less likely if we still had our 2nd.

Perhaps related to this, perhaps not, I feel it is greater than 50/50 that we see a player with a significant contract moved to allow for rebuilding the identity of the defense.

It should be a fun week or so from July 7 to around July 15. I feel like the UFA movement might be slower than usual this summer.

Davimir Tarablad

Sep 16, 2015
Depending on the salary demands - I'd be interested.

A name that has me intrigued is Carson Soucy. One year left at 2.75M.
He's been paid 3.25mil, 3.25mil, and 3.75mil in the last 3 years, all as an RFA, he just had a career year going into UFA, someone is going to pay him 4+ million on 3-4 years. He's marginally better than Mikkola at 4x the price. I don't touch that with a 15ft pole

WeWentBlues

May 3, 2017
He's been paid 3.25mil, 3.25mil, and 3.75mil in the last 3 years, all as an RFA, he just had a career year going into UFA, someone is going to pay him 4+ million on 3-4 years. He's marginally better than Mikkola at 4x the price. I don't touch that with a 15ft pole
I agree I wouldnt sign him at that price either and why I suggested a name like Soucy who plays a similar style with similar size that knows the Central Division fairly well. Not sure what the ask would be from Seattle.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
No. He’s my number one target for the 1 LHD role.
I suspect Arizona is high on Neighbours as Bill Armstrong was Director of Amatuer scouting for most of that year before leaving ahead of the draft. Joel Hofer just had quite a playoffs. I know BA was high on him once, and he seems to be quite desperate to add a goalie of the future. I think those two, plus a 1st round pick, probably gets you most of the way there. It's not my favorite package, but I think it has what BA would be looking for. Top prospect, goalie prospect, and a 1st.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad