Celtics/NBA 2021-2022 Regular Season Part 2: Celts Raise #5 to Rafters

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smitty93

Dec 6, 2012
Good defensive team got better defensively. Nice to have Theis back

Tootles Kanter :)

They got better in the present for sure IMO. The only thing I don’t like about today is the pick swap in 2028. And the USA may not exist or I might be dead by then so who cares! I’ll be approaching 40 lol

Better yet, getting to complain about this deal in 2028 will be great. People forget that the best part about being a Celtics fan is complaining.

Reactions: CDJ

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
I'm a casual NBA follower at best these days. But this seems like the craziest deadline I can remember. Harden for Simmons, Kristaps Porzingas being dealt, Celtics making like 4 trades, Lakers doing nothing.

Seems nuts.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
So clearly Wyc wanted to duck the tax. Pretty remarkable Brad upgraded the team and imo had the best deadline in a few years while working with a restrictive budget.

Looking like they may convert Hauser to a full contract. That kid can shoot. Hopefully we can up his D.

The National

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2017
Los Angeles
Yeah man, they probably hate that they got better today.
Not saying they’re unhappy with the moves, if they get better it’s minimal, the more the team continues to not contend and be a mediocre team the closer we get to those two bolting. That’s what happens with the stars in the NBA.

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
I mean let’s face it, they overplayed to get under the luxury tax and an already weak scoring bench got weaker with Richardson and Schroder gone. White has struggled shooting all year. One positive is adding Theis as a bench big, but this teams bench absolutely just got weaker.

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore
I mean let’s face it, they overplayed to get under the luxury tax and an already weak scoring bench got weaker with Richardson and Schroder gone. White has struggled shooting all year. One positive is adding Theis as a bench big, but this teams bench absolutely just got weaker.

Bench scoring absolutely a need. That unit was downright horrendous defensively though, so getting rid of guys like Kanter, etc and bringing back Theis and adding White gives them a ton of options to matchup.

They need to fill two slots before their next game, in sure you'll see at least one of those go to a shooter type.

Reactions: CDJ and 22Brad Park

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
So clearly Wyc wanted to duck the tax. Pretty remarkable Brad upgraded the team and imo had the best deadline in a few years while working with a restrictive budget.

Looking like they may convert Hauser to a full contract. That kid can shoot. Hopefully we can up his D.
Hauser, I like yip.

UncleRico

May 8, 2017

How did they upgrade the team though. Top two bench scorers were Richardson who is shooting 44.3% fg and 39.7% from 3. Then Schroder who is shooting 44.0% fg and 34.9% 3pt.

Then they replaced them with Derrick white who is shooting 42.6% fg and 31.4% 3pt.

I like Theis but he’s not bringing much scoring off the bench. Celtics are already one of the best defensive teams in the league. What they’ve been missing is bench scoring and they just sent away two of their top bench players for a big who isn’t known for his scoring and a PG who has been struggling two shoot for two seasons now.

Who knows maybe White turns it around shooting wise to his first two years in the league, but as of right now the Celtics already weak bench scoring just took a major hit.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
How did they upgrade the team though. Top two bench scorers were Richardson who is shooting 44.3% fg and 39.7% from 3. Then Schroder who is shooting 44.0% fg and 34.9% 3pt.

Then they replaced them with Derrick white who is shooting 42.6% fg and 31.4% 3pt.

I like Theis but he’s not bringing much scoring off the bench. Celtics are already one of the best defensive teams in the league. What they’ve been missing is bench scoring and they just sent away two of their top bench players for a big who isn’t known for his scoring and a PG who has been struggling two shoot for two seasons now.

Who knows maybe White turns it around shooting wise to his first two years in the league, but as of right now the Celtics already weak bench scoring just took a major hit.

Derrick White is better at basketball than both Richardson and Schroder and he’s both a possible long term option and a desirable trade chip. Great defender, can score a bit, very good distributor when in that role (Murray usually is). Frees up time for Pritchard/Nesmith to play more. Also looks like some decent players are already being waived, they’re clearly going to be active there with so many open spots. Schroder’s has seen his role shrink a bit lately it seems and they don’t seem to be suffering for it. The more I saw him the less I liked him. Still better than Westbrook tho lol

Theis is a huge upgrade as the 3C

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Great Britain vs Finland
    Great Britain vs Finland
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $400.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Kazakhstan vs Slovakia