Celtics/NBA 2021-2022 Regular Season Part 1: Trader Brad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maine Fan

Defense Wins Chanpionships
Apr 19, 2015
Ocean Twp, NJ
This issues of getting under the tax through trades. One thing that is screwing these trades up is a bonus for Jaylen Brown. He gets $1.5 M if he makes the all stars. Currently the Celtics are over around $2.3. So without that bonus they would only need to drop $800K and that's easy. Brown could be selected for the All Stars after the end of the trading period. This is a problem for the Celtics.

Gator Mike

Feb 28, 2002
Woburn, MA
Visit site

Some talk about the Bucks being interested in both Schroder and Grant Williams. Bucks offered Donte DiVicienzo for Williams; Celtics rightfully turned them down.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Kings are dumb. Pacers just got their PG to build around.

Sabonis/Holiday/Lamb for Halliburton/Hield/Thompson

Although from a roster construction perspective it kinda makes sense for Sac I guess

Reactions: Gator Mike

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Yeah that’s Morey being Morey with the media, i doubt they want him

go get Windler and a couple 2nds and I’m happy

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617

I gotta give credit where credit is due here. Ume has done a really great job here. Marcus Smart too. J&J. Everyone stepping up.

And fwiw I don't trade Marcus.

BostonBob

4 Ever The Greatest
Jan 26, 2004
Vancouver, BC

According to something called lakersdaily.com the offer is Talen Horton-Tucker, Kendrick Nunn and a future 1st round pick. If there are weak protections on that pick Boston has to jump on that deal.

Report: Lakers have offered Talen Horton-Tucker and future pick for Josh Richardson

The Fakers are going to suck badly in a few years......even worse then they do now. :biglaugh:Let's not forget that LA has already traded their unprotected 2022 1st round pick to Memphis ( via New Orleans as part of the AD trade ), New Orleans has the option of swapping 2023 1st round picks with LA ( also part of the AD trade ) plus New Orleans has the option of getting LA's unprotected 1st round pick in 2024 or 2025 ( also part of the AD trade ). Boston would likely have to wait a few years to cash the pick in but by then the pick could be gold.

BostonBob

4 Ever The Greatest
Jan 26, 2004
Vancouver, BC
From a CBS article about NBA trade rumours:

Let's touch on the point guard Westbrook replaced in Los Angeles quickly. Keith Smith reports that the Celtics want a rotation player back in a Dennis Schroder deal, not just financial savings. Boston is $2.8 million above the luxury tax line. This is why a rumored swap involving Donte DiVincenzo makes sense, if Milwaukee is interested. He would save Boston around $1.2 million, but would still be playable for them this season. Expect Boston to prioritize getting under the tax line when it's all said and done, though.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
They’re beating the shit out of teams they should beat the shit out of, which is more than what you could say earlier this year

Defense has been on point lately. The 8 man rotation Celtics are a good team….Don’t extend beyond that tho lol

tomorrow will be interesting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad