Celtics/NBA 2021-2022 Regular Season Part 1: Trader Brad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maine Fan

Defense Wins Chanpionships
Apr 19, 2015
Ocean Twp, NJ
“Amid their recent hot streak that has moved them firmly into playoff contention, the Minnesota Timberwolves are reportedly looking to make a big move before Thursday's trade deadline.

Per Darren Wolfson of SKOR North, the Timberwolves are "definitely" trying to acquire Marcus Smart from the Boston Celtics.

Wolfson also noted that unless Minnesota is willing to include a first-round draft pick or Jaden McDaniels in a package with Malik Beasley, a deal "most likely doesn't get done."

Beasley + McDaniels is interesting. I’d like to try to find a way to get Nowell included.

I don't feel that now is the time lose Marcus Smart. If necessary, he is tradeable during the off season and the Celtics will get the same for the most part.

quietbruinfan

Salt and light
Feb 2, 2022
Land of Nod in the East of Eden
I hate Smart, but the Minnesota deal is not good enough. Beasly has like 14 charges against him for various things and McDaniels is an end of bench player. Mcdaniel's is probaby a mid- bench player. I went a little overboard there.

Last edited:
Reactions: CDJ

pgm16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2010
St. John's NL
Rest In Peace Bill Fitch

Hey Guys,
I recall reading that Pete Maravich & Fitch didn't see eye to eye, I realize Maravich was at the end of his career and he missed a chance at a title with the Celtics. Those who were around in Boston then, I would appreciate any feedback. I love watching Maravich highlights & read a couple of books about him.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
I hate Smart, but the Minnesota deal is not good enough. Beasly has like 14 charges against him for various things and McDaniels is an end of bench player.

I think McDaniels can be a starter with time, but yeah it’s not the package you move Smart for. Especially with the way he’s actually playing PG lately

More assists than shots last night!

Reactions: pgm16

quietbruinfan

Salt and light
Feb 2, 2022
Hey Guys,
I recall reading that Pete Maravich & Fitch didn't see eye to eye, I realize Maravich was at the end of his career and he missed a chance at a title with the Celtics. Those who were around in Boston then, I would appreciate any feedback. I love watching Maravich highlights & read a couple of books about him.

I have been a Celtic fan since about 77. I don't remember any specific friction between Maravich and Fitch. However, I remember a quote from Fitch several years ago saying there was something physically wrong with Maravich that impeded his stamina even then. Fitch drove his players relentlessly and if you were not able to go full out in practice that was a problem.

pgm16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2010
St. John's NL
I have been a Celtic fan since about 77. I don't remember any specific friction between Maravich and Fitch. However, I remember a quote from Fitch several years ago saying there was something physically wrong with Maravich that impeded his stamina even then. Fitch drove his players relentlessly and if you were not able to go full out in practice that was a problem.
I started following the Celtics in high school, 76. I thought I read in one of the books that Fitch wasn't a great fan of Maravich's style of play.
Now here in NL, we weren't able to watch NBA games until 1980, so my info was newspapers.

Thanks for the info

quietbruinfan

Salt and light
Feb 2, 2022
I started following the Celtics in high school, 76. I thought I read in one of the books that Fitch wasn't a great fan of Maravich's style of play.
Now here in NL, we weren't able to watch NBA games until 1980, so my info was newspapers.

Thanks for the info
You are welcome. The Fitch quote about having something wrong has always stuck with me because Fitch was fairly emphatic about it and very wistful as well. Something like Oh yes, there was something wrong.....

Gator Mike

Feb 28, 2002
Woburn, MA
Visit site
Celtics about to win in Orlando. They'll head to Brooklyn on Tuesday tied with the Nets in the standings.

For what it's worth, I read an article this weekend (...can't find the link) which basically says the Celtics' priority at the deadline will be getting under the luxury tax threshold.

Also, I continue to like Jaylen Brown.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
I love Jackie Mac, can’t remember the last time I felt she was plugged in on the C’s

wouldn’t make sense to move Grant since he’s a good shooter and they already need shooting

Reactions: Maine Fan

quietbruinfan

Salt and light
Feb 2, 2022
Grant Williams is seriously overrated by most Celtic fans. He lost quickness after his first year, and it shows defensively. He shoots wide, wide open threes well and is an ok passer. That's it. If he is the difference between getting under the tax while getting a good, athletic player or only a throw-in or second, see ya Grant.

The National

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2017
Los Angeles
I love Jackie Mac, can’t remember the last time I felt she was plugged in on the C’s

wouldn’t make sense to move Grant since he’s a good shooter and they already need shooting
Yeah I think he’s a fine player, I just don’t see how someone could be upset by losing him. Seems completely replaceable to me, but I definitely could be missing something.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Grant Williams is seriously overrated by most Celtic fans. He lost quickness after his first year, and it shows defensively. He shoots wide, wide open threes well and is an ok passer. That's it. If he is the difference between getting under the tax while getting a good, athletic player or only a throw-in or second, see ya Grant.

I think it’s quite the opposite actually- I don’t think many Celtics fans find him to be very good

He got some of his quickness back this year as he lost some of the weight he deliberately put on before last season. He is what he is, a solid bench player. A stretch 4. Like you said though if he’s the difference between a quality young player and a 2nd, he gone. Also it doesn’t make sense to move him unless shooting is coming back because they desperately need more of it, not less of it

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad