Prospect Info: 2021-2022 Prospect Info

TheReelChuckFletcher

Former TheRillestPaulFenton; Harverd Alum
Jun 30, 2011
Raleigh and Chapel Hill, NC
The only bad thing about the "get as many darts as possible" strategy (one I think I've been the most vocal about than anyone as far as thinking it's a great idea) is that I think I'm going to have to stop having a summary level of knowledge of all of our prospects, there's just too many.

I forgot Justin Robidas existed until that post, and he's the son of a freaking NHLer.

And the thing is, if a bunch of darts pan out as potential role players, they become picture-perfect trade bait for the next rebuilding club du jour in 4-5 years.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
Oh bah I didn't even see this thread.

That said, I say the same thing I said then. If and when Orr makes it to the show, give him #4 and play him again the Bruins in a game where we're wearing Whalers stuff. I wanna see Jack Edwards whine.

Hmm, must be a glitch in the Matrix
Prospect Info: - #136OA - Hurricanes select RW Robert Orr

Oh, he has to be number 4 if he ever suits up against Boston just to see Jack Edwards have a meltdown.

hblueridgegal

Timing is Everything
Sponsor
Sep 13, 2019
Old North State
The Lightning plan to stream their games live per their story:

All Lightning games will be streamed live on www.TampaBayLightning.com.
Game Schedule
Saturday, September 18
  • Carolina Hurricanes vs. Florida Panthers | 10 a.m.
  • Tampa Bay Lightning vs. Nashville Predators | 1 p.m.***
Sunday, September 19
  • Nashville Predators vs. Florida Panthers | 10 a.m.
  • Carolina Hurricanes vs. Tampa Bay Lightning | 1 p.m.
Monday, September 20
  • Practice day
Tuesday, September 21
  • Nashville Predaotrs vs. Carolina Hurricanes | 10 a.m.
  • Florida Panthers vs. Tampa Bay Lightning | 1 p.m.
***Game Location TBA

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC

The Central gang is back together

Interesting that the Caps are rotating out for the Cats from the showcase 2 years back. Wouldn't be surprised if they decided not to be involved in a prospect showcase this season given the more intense restrictions in the DC area compared to Nashville, Raleigh, and the 2 Florida locations.

I assume Ty Nash from Arizona is Tyson Nash’s son.
Would have been more intriguing if it were Steve Nash's son, which given the location would also be possible

Reactions: WreckingCrew

Nikishin Go Boom

Russian Bulldozer Consultent
Jul 31, 2017
Tucker Robertson sounds a lot like a Canes late round draftee. Smaller with a bunch of speed. He could be a good dark horse invitee. His rookie year was cut short and then the year where his usage would increase didn’t happen.

Ritchie seems like a defensive defender who was too small to get a ton of interest. Shorter is okay when you are an offensive defender.

RibFrabcus

Bevy of Humanity
Aug 28, 2015
Triad, NC
Tucker Robertson sounds a lot like a Canes late round draftee. Smaller with a bunch of speed. He could be a good dark horse invitee. His rookie year was cut short and then the year where his usage would increase didn’t happen.

Ritchie seems like a defensive defender who was too small to get a ton of interest. Shorter is okay when you are an offensive defender.

Brodin and Spurgeon are really good smaller defenders.

TheReelChuckFletcher

Former TheRillestPaulFenton; Harverd Alum
Jun 30, 2011
Raleigh and Chapel Hill, NC
Pronman lists Drury as our prospect to watch during camp. Slightly surprised Drury over Jarvis. Not too surprised as Drury is more league ready.

I agree that Drury and (at least IMO) Ryan Suzuki are the two guys to watch in camp. I still think, though, that all of them will be assigned to the AHL in the end. Can't see either beating out Leivo and Lorentz, at least to start the season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad